• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

If Game Freak literally gave everything about the game away, then they must have some serious issues.

This thread just goes to show that no matter what Gamefreak does, not everyone will be happy. I see both, people complaining that there is too much being revealed, and then there are others who are saying that they do not reveal enough, or what they wanted revealed wasn't. Honestly I'm not sure how anyone is suppose to both reveal as much as they can, and also not reveal much at the same time.

Gamefreak knows they won't make everyone happy, so they just have to do the best they can.

In regards to the people saying they reveal too much, they are attempting to build hype. You may not be happy with it but plenty of others are. Calling them stupid is very unnecessary. You're still buying the games aren't you, so they aren't stupid at all. They are the complete opposite. What I am witnessing are people who are still purchasing the games despite all complaints they make throughout the months of waiting before the game is released. No, Gamefreak aren't stupid, they're geniuses.

Also, I find that it makes no sense complaining that Gamefreak have revealed everything. You technically don't know if that's true or not, how are you able to know what they haven't revealed yet? If you feel the need to complain about this, at least have the decency to wait until AFTER the games have ben released, when you can actually claim it as fact that they revealed everything before release.

As I said, Gamefreak cannot make everyone happy. They cannot reveal everything that part of the fanbase wants and also keep a lot of things hidden like another part wants. I'm beginning to feel an unrealistic expectation being placed onto Gamefreak.

In regards to spoilers, if it is hard to stay away from spoilers on the internet, that's hardly Gamefreak's fault. Once upon a time, information could have ben revealed and it would only show up in a few select places on the internet. The fact that it now shows up everywhere shows how big social networking has become, and how easily accessible this information is, which isn't Gamefreak's fault.

You have a point and I agree with your overall sentiment, but I'm pretty sure the general sentiment has been that they revealed too much? Particularly with megas. Some people might prefer they showed the battle frontier instead of megas, but the impression I get is that everyone agrees revealing every mega (especially irrelevant ones like Beedrill and Slowbro) was a bad idea.

You have a point and I agree with your overall sentiment, but I'm pretty sure the general sentiment has been that they revealed too much? Particularly with megas. Some people might prefer they showed the battle frontier instead of megas, but the impression I get is that everyone agrees revealing every mega (especially irrelevant ones like Beedrill and Slowbro) was a bad idea.

I have seen a few people complain that particular things aren't getting revealed (mainly the battle frontier, which could possibly be something Gamefreak chooses not to reveal).

I personally don't think it was bad for Gamefreak to reveal those megas. Like others, it hypes me more and more each month when new mega evolutions are revealed. I understand that others think it is a bad idea, but when it comes down to it, Gamefreak needs to hype as many people as they can, and I can see why Gamefreak would believe revealing mega evolutions as one possible way to help achieve that. Also, these leaked and given information could have been easily avoided if it weren't for how big things like social media has become. People complain that they are seeing too many spoilers, but Gamefreak can't be held accountable for that, they have a job to do.

My point is that Gamefreak's decisions won't make everyone happy, and the ones that aren't happy with something, will simply have to get over it, and enjoy the games for what they are. One of my all time favourite features was removed, however, I look at everything else this game has to offer, and I know I'll immensely enjoy the game.

I have seen a few people complain that particular things aren't getting revealed (mainly the battle frontier, which could possibly be something Gamefreak chooses not to reveal).

I personally don't think it was bad for Gamefreak to reveal those megas. Like others, it hypes me more and more each month when new mega evolutions are revealed. I understand that others think it is a bad idea, but when it comes down to it, Gamefreak needs to hype as many people as they can, and I can see why Gamefreak would believe revealing mega evolutions as one possible way to help achieve that. Also, these leaked and given information could have been easily avoided if it weren't for how big things like social media has become. People complain that they are seeing too many spoilers, but Gamefreak can't be held accountable for that, they have a job to do.

My point is that Gamefreak's decisions won't make everyone happy, and the ones that aren't happy with something, will simply have to get over it, and enjoy the games for what they are. One of my all time favourite features was removed, however, I look at everything else this game has to offer, and I know I'll immensely enjoy the game.

Yeah, I agree, you can't satisfy, let alone hype, everyone. I'm glad you're having a better time with the reveals than I am. I personally think they missed the mark in terms of marketing. I'm not hyped, even though I know I'm going to enjoy these games (secret baaaaaases).

So... last batch of news released and still nothing about the Battle Frontier?

...Thanks. Game Freak :|

I didn't really care for BF when I played Emerald so it's no big lost for me. I feel like if BF isn't in the games, it's because Game Freak thought Episode Delta was sufficient as far as post-game content goes. I just it it's not something you can complete in an hour because that would suck.

If Game Freak literally gave everything about the game away, then they must have some serious issues.
To be fair, when you have people saying, "If ___ isn't in the game, I'm not buying it," it isn't that crazy for them to reveal as much as possible. The goal of marketing is to secure as many sales as possible, after all.

For those of us who are scared of having everything spoiled, we should probably stop haunting spoiler threads. ;-)

BP points are on the trainer card, according to leaks. Cautious optimism?

To be fair, when you have people saying, "If ___ isn't in the game, I'm not buying it," it isn't that crazy for them to reveal as much as possible. The goal of marketing is to secure as many sales as possible, after all.

You make an excellent point. I, for one, was not going to buy the game if it didn't have Mega-Beedrill and Mega-Pidgeot and Mega-Slowbro and Mega-Audino and Mega-Lopunny and Mega-Steelix and Mega-Sableye and Mega-Glalie. :p

Pics? :)

You make an excellent point. I, for one, was not going to buy the game if it didn't have Mega-Beedrill and Mega-Pidgeot and Mega-Slowbro and Mega-Audino and Mega-Lopunny and Mega-Steelix and Mega-Sableye and Mega-Glalie. :p
You joke, but honestly I wasn't excited about ΩRαS (and really only peripherally aware of it) until I heard about Mega Beedrill - so I would say sharing that was effective marketing.

(Is anyone genuinely excited about Mega Glalie, though? They probably could have left that out, I'll admit) :p

For those of us who are scared of having everything spoiled, we should probably stop haunting spoiler threads. ;-)

Good luck avoiding spoilers without completely not using the internet at all before the you got the game and finished playing through it. That would be nearly impossible.
I still insist that the officially released info (which I never count as spoilers, but in this case it was just way too much) should never reveal the entire game's story, and again even with screenshots and videos giving us not only the details but the visuals too... what is left for us to discover on our own? not much if anything.
They never handled the game promotion in this awful way and I can only hope they never do it again. But perhaps in this day and age people just WANT everything shoved in their face and the easy access for videos online with things like the official Youtube page is just too much for them to resist. sigh...

You get these from the Battle Tower/Maison too. It doesn't imply the Battle Frontier is there.

Good luck avoiding spoilers without completely not using the internet at all before the you got the game and finished playing through it. That would be nearly impossible.
I managed to play XY unspoiled and all I had to do was avoid the XY sub-forums and Pokemon Youtube channels - neither of which were ever really ingrained into my routine anyway, so it didn't really put any strain on me.

But yeah if you're hyped about the upcoming release and spending a lot of time with other people who are hyping the release, it's going to be difficult to not be spoiled.

(Is anyone genuinely excited about Mega Glalie, though?

Yep, I am. Glalie is one of my favourite Pokemon so I am hyped for the Ice nuke :D Not as hyped as some of the other Megas, because I've used Glalie a fair bit while playing the repetitive demo, but still very excited for it.

I managed to play XY unspoiled and all I had to do was avoid the XY sub-forums and Pokemon Youtube channels - neither of which were ever really ingrained into my routine anyway, so it didn't really put any strain on me.

But yeah if you're hyped about the upcoming release and spending a lot of time with other people who are hyping the release, it's going to be difficult to not be spoiled.

Most spoilers happen online, but even if I reduce online activity, it's going to be difficult to avoid spoilers offline as well. I'm going to attend a Pokemon Fan Event this Sunday, and I'm pretty sure there will be people spoiling information casually. Maybe I should have my ears plugged...

Once I get the game, however, I am going to completely stop getting on BMGF and tumblr until I get to the first credits. I said this numerous times, but that memory of someone casually spoiling the climax of B2W2 in a random post before I got the game really pains me. A lot.

Thats why I said cautious optimism. It could mean nothing but it could be for that. And anyway, even with the Maison, there is nowhere in Hoenn for it, and I dpubt they would place it in a new offregion area alone.

I didn't really care for BF when I played Emerald so it's no big lost for me. I feel like if BF isn't in the games, it's because Game Freak thought Episode Delta was sufficient as far as post-game content goes. I just it it's not something you can complete in an hour because that would suck.
Well, that's just your opinion, man. No BF, no buy for me.

(Is anyone genuinely excited about Mega Glalie, though? They probably could have left that out, I'll admit) :p
I am not excited for any of the megas, but Mega Glaile is one of the few ORAS megas that aren't garbage, so...

I am not excited for any of the megas, but Mega Glaile is one of the few ORAS megas that aren't garbage, so...

...You're trying to bait me into derailing this thread into a competitive discussion, aren't you?! Well it won't work! :p

Then why did they say there won't be customizations? Many people lost interest as soon as they said that.

Most spoilers happen online, but even if I reduce online activity, it's going to be difficult to avoid spoilers offline as well. I'm going to attend a Pokemon Fan Event this Sunday, and I'm pretty sure there will be people spoiling information casually. Maybe I should have my ears plugged...

Once I get the game, however, I am going to completely stop getting on BMGF and tumblr until I get to the first credits. I said this numerous times, but that memory of someone casually spoiling the climax of B2W2 in a random post before I got the game really pains me. A lot.

I don't think it's fair too complain too much about spoilers though if you deliberately immerse yourself into a situation where the risk of being spoilered is very big (not saying you're doing that). And that doesn't mean people should entirely ignore your wishes and continue spouting spoilers around you (cause really, it's not that hard to avoid/tag something that can be/is a spoiler, if people who don't want to be spoilered are around), but at the same time you can't and shouldn't expect others to entirely shut up about whatever might be spoilered

and yeah, the casual spoiling also happens and is hard to avoid, but it's just something occasionally happens

as for the megas/reveals, the amount of information we got is quite a lot, but they still made several promises as well. apparently the whole mega evo deal is gonna be tied up in this gen (the secrets and stuff) and we also know the plot of ORAS is not as bare bones as RSE and features mega evolution. And i think it's a lot in the little details, cause you wont get those till you play the game anyway (unless someone, like hands you a script or something)

this month's corocoro was a bit underwhelming, it's like the pacing of their marketing was off, so that's a pity, but it's only gonna be two more weeks, so i'm not too bothered

Back
Top Bottom