• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Not buying this game because there is no customization would be like not buying it because Pokemon Centers and PokeMarts are separate again.

Not buying this game because there is no customization would be like not buying it because Pokemon Centers and PokeMarts are separate again.
Really, were is your proof, here is mine that it is still coming:
oct_p32_06_en_rem.jpg

I'm sure like previous games you can pick an avatar for your online charades. That isn't customization.

Really, were is your proof, here is mine that it is still coming:

So your proof is a screenshot of the player using one of the default trainer icons (in this case, the Ace Trainer, Ranger, Guitarist, and Schoolgirl) in PSS? We were perfectly able to use default trainer icons like Diantha and Wilkstrom in XY, and its pretty telling that the XY trainers don't even have customization on this screen.

Ok, that's a little strange though

What's a little strange?

Introduce something such as TC and not include it in the next game after it

Apricorn Balls, the Trick House, Diving, the Underground, Poke Ball Seals, Pokemon following the player, and multiple difficulties say hi. Also the animated sprites, the Battle Frontier, and the Habitat List if you count the first main games in a generation (which typically have less features than usual). Customization may be one of the most significant examples of them removing features after introducing them, but it's far from strange in this series. They do it all of the time.

Yeah, what would be strange is Game Freak actually keeping a feature its fans like.

Apricorn Balls, the Trick House, Diving, the Underground, Poke Ball Seals, Pokemon following the player, and multiple difficulties say hi. Also the animated sprites, the Battle Frontier, and the Habitat List if you count the first main games in a generation (which typically have less features than usual). Customization may be one of the most significant examples of them removing features after introducing them, but it's far from strange in this series. They do it all of the time.

Good list. Toss in secret bases and contests. Though I think they wanted to keep that contests up, but it wasn't popular enough.

Good list. Toss in secret bases and contests. Though I think they wanted to keep that contests up, but it wasn't popular enough.

Since when have they cared about popularity? If popularity was a factor in keeping/removing features, then customisation, apricorn balls, diving, walking pokemon and the battle fronteir in the very least would never have been removed.

I'm still very sour about the lack of customisation. And if it doesn't come back in the next games...well, I certainly will have a much worse off opinion of game freak. Give us the ability to be individuals and then remove it for arbitrary reasons. At least with walking pokemon they have an excuse in the technicalities needed.

Since when have they cared about popularity? If popularity was a factor in keeping/removing features, then customisation, apricorn balls, diving, walking pokemon and the battle fronteir in the very least would never have been removed.

I'm still very sour about the lack of customisation. And if it doesn't come back in the next games...well, I certainly will have a much worse off opinion of game freak. Give us the ability to be individuals and then remove it for arbitrary reasons. At least with walking pokemon they have an excuse in the technicalities needed.
Plus, Pokémon Amie is a better option for interacting with them anyway.

Pokeathlon, something even the fans are forgetting even. That one hurt the most. Had the same depth as the battles, without using the same layout*cough* contests*contests*, and there was some actual challenge to getting all the medals and trophies. It would have rocked with online multi, but noooooo, regions het exclusives to stay unique. Bullshit.

Except those actually stayed in 4th gen, so they're not a good example. In fact Contests have been in every main game in some form (I'm also counting Musicals as Contests) since their introduction except FRLG, HGSS, and XY.

Secret Bases came back in the Underground and Contests were in Hearthome. They came back in Sinnoh, so they definitely don't count.

Secret Bases came back in the Underground and Contests were in Hearthome. They came back in Sinnoh, so they definitely don't count.

But they were dropped weren't they? Bolt made a good point on contests, but your base in the underground was a shadow of its former glory. Choosing the perfect location is half the fun. :p Secret bases were a pretty popular feature that got hobbled by getting shoved underground and then scrapped by the 'reboots'. Their return was definitely my favourite part of ORAS.

But they were dropped weren't they? Bolt made a good point on contests, but your base in the underground was a shadow of its former glory. Choosing the perfect location is half the fun. :p Secret bases were a pretty popular feature that got hobbled by getting shoved underground and then scrapped by the 'reboots'. Their return was definitely my favourite part of ORAS.

They were dropped, but not after one game, so they don't count. And I personally preferred the Underground bases.

Back
Top Bottom