• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

It appears that a buttload of Legendaries will be making an appearance in the movie. Almost seems like it'll be mirroring the Mirage Spots in ORAS. I wonder if this means we won't be getting another new game for Gen 6 before we move on to Gen 7?

I think it just means that the Mirage Spot will have a role in the movie, not necessarily telling us what's going to happen with the next game(s). I do consider it interesting that none of the XY cover legendaries are present on the posters (and Ho-oh, but the poor thing seems to never appear in these movies), though that could be because they don't appear in those spots.

As for the movie itself, I'm pretty mixed on the idea. Having that many legendaries, if they're each given some decent amount of time (even if the Weather trio and Hoopa get the lion share), seems like it'd make the movie too cluttered. I would've preferred they just focused on the Weather Trio and Hoopa rather then try to stuff most of the cover legendaries into this.

Last edited:
The Weather trio already have the Mega Evolution special, so they don't need more special focus. As the title suggests, the only star is Hoopa, which makes Arceus feel out of place considering that it isn't even linked to the Mirage spots.

I do wonder why they're still treating Ho-Oh as an exception after all these years. You'd think that if they didn't want to do anything special with it, they'd just have it make a cameo with the other mascots.

I do wonder why they're still treating Ho-Oh as an exception after all these years. You'd think that if they didn't want to do anything special with it, they'd just have it make a cameo with the other mascots.

I know right? The only reason the writers would even ha e to avoid Ho-Oh like this was if they still an on Ash confronting it at the end of the series.

We have Dialga (Diamond), Palkia (Pearl), Giratina (Platinum), Reshiram (Black), Zekrom (White), Kyurem (Black 2/White 2) Rayquaza (Emerald), Kyogre (Sapphire), Groudon (Ruby) and Pikachu (Yellow) featured in the movie. Ho-Oh (and Gold's) counterpart Lugia (Silver) is in the movie, and we can catch Crystal's Suicune through the Mirage Spots, same with Ho-Oh. It's a fair assumption that both Ho-Oh and Suicune might show up in the movie still, they just aren't on any of the current posters.

In fact, it's more likely that they will be in the movie than say... the fully evolved Kanto starters, the cover Pokémon of Red, Green and Blue, or Xerneas and Yveltal, both of whom got focused on in the last movie.

Does anyone have a link to a page where I can see what the most up to date cover of CoroCoro looks like? I currently live in Japan and I would like to get a copy of the magazine sometime but don't want to get the wrong one.

That's kinda odd... I was expecting to see leaks up on Serebii this morning as soon as I woke up. :3

Is there nothing to report as in that it's nothing special, or that the CoroCoro hasn't been leaked yet?

It looks like it was Hoopa Unbound's unveiling this month. Nice to finally see the Sugimori art of it, which made it look even better.

CoroCoro is leaking...

corocoro6151.jpg

corocoro6152.jpg

corocoro6153.jpg

Not looking too impressive.

I hope there is more news or else we'll probably have to wait until next month to get news on a new game. Past that (June) and I'm betting we're getting nothing this year which is fine by me.

Well, as expected, just Hoopa.

Now let's hope Famitsu has information as important as they teased it to be.

I hope there is more news or else we'll probably have to wait until next month to get news on a new game. Past that (June) and I'm betting we're getting nothing this year which is fine by me.
If Game Freak were planning to release a new Pokémon game this year, we would know about it by now. It is not happening (which as you said, is perfectly fine).

It is likely the final Gen VI game will be release in 2016 with Gen VII debuting in 2017.

If Game Freak were planning to release a new Pokémon game this year, we would know about it by now. It is not happening (which as you said, is perfectly fine).

It is likely the final Gen VI game will be release in 2016 with Gen VII debuting in 2017.

I have to disagree, somewhat. I do agree that we will probably not get a game this year, and we'll probably not get one until 2016, probably around February. But, if there were going to be a new game this year, we wouldn't necessarily know about it now. ORAS was only announced on May 7th last year. You're probably right, but still. No point in talking in absolutes. If it were a third version, there'd be less hype and new info to cover between now and release anyway, so it could be announced as late as the end of May or even June.

Still, I agree that 2015 will not receive a main series game.

I knew it was going to be more Hoopa information, since I am not interested in seeing the movie. I really want some information on a new game since I already finished Omega Ruby months ago and would really like a new Pokemon game to play.

They should announce DLC or something for ORAS... But for some reason, they didn´t make the games compatible with DLC. Which surprises me, since there have been plenty of patches for Pokemon X...

I disagree, we don't have to know by now, ORAS was revealed in May and released in November. I'm hearing rumors about a June 16th game announcement which would probably schedule the games to come out in mid-December, timed perfectly for Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom