• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

I disagree, we don't have to know by now, ORAS was revealed in May and released in November. I'm hearing rumors about a June 16th game announcement which would probably schedule the games to come out in mid-December, timed perfectly for Christmas.
June 16? Well, that is Nintendo's Digital Event. XY & ORAS where shown in their respective E3s. They weren't announced during E3 though, so that makes me wonder if the next game would be announced at E3. I'm going to say no and that they'll release the next game in Early 2016. E3 is probably the last chance (basically, if we don't get a new game announcement at E3, the next game probably wont be released this year).

Releasing the next games in mid-December after Black Friday in the US really doesn't seem like a good idea (though so far Nintendo hasn't really announced anything big for the 3DS this holiday).

My hopes are in the May 21 announcement.
From Famitsu DS+Wii? Wouldn't whatever was contained in that magazine for May 21 have already been leaked by now?

June 16? Well, that is Nintendo's Digital Event. XY & ORAS where shown in their respective E3s. They weren't announced during E3 though, so that makes me wonder if the next game would be announced at E3. I'm going to say no and that they'll release the next game in Early 2016. E3 is probably the last chance (basically, if we don't get a new game announcement at E3, the next game probably wont be released this year).

Releasing the next games in mid-December after Black Friday in the US really doesn't seem like a good idea (though so far Nintendo hasn't really announced anything big for the 3DS this holiday).

My hopes are in the May 21 announcement.
From Famitsu DS+Wii? Wouldn't whatever was contained in that magazine for May 21 have already been leaked by now?

Every different rumor points to announcement within 30 days. I'd roll the dice and say something is being announced, maybe not released this year, but announced this year then released between November-February.

I disagree, we don't have to know by now, ORAS was revealed in May and released in November. I'm hearing rumors about a June 16th game announcement which would probably schedule the games to come out in mid-December, timed perfectly for Christmas.

A June 16th announcement? Where are you getting this info at? Is it a specific announcement relating to Pokémon, or is it a general Nintendo-related thing?

A June 16th announcement? Where are you getting this info at? Is it a specific announcement relating to Pokémon, or is it a general Nintendo-related thing?

Just a rumor I heard about Tajiri making a special announcement, nothing specific, I'm only throwing stuff down that I've heard.

Just a rumor I heard about Tajiri making a special announcement, nothing specific, I'm only throwing stuff down that I've heard.

So it's essentially the same rumor as Satoshi Tajiri making an appearance at E3. I'm just really curious how and where this rumor started to begin with. It's even worse when people don't provide source links to the rumors that they've come across.

So it's essentially the same rumor as Satoshi Tajiri making an appearance at E3. I'm just really curious how and where this rumor started to begin with. It's even worse when people don't provide source links to the rumors that they've come across.

Lol sorry, I'm not trying to sound convincing or credible, I've made it as clear as I can this is just something being tossed around that I caught wind of.

I expect a new mainseries game next February, so June would probably be too early for that.

Unless they just decide to ignore the 20th anniversary (and wait until 25th to make a big deal) and keep up with their normal release schedule they've been doing the last couple years, and give us a game in like October-December.

I mean, if they are going to give us XY sequels, there won't be as much info to cover as a lot of other games. So maybe, a June announcement would be jus the right amount of time to give them for pre-release coverage, especially if they were released in November/December.

I'm just really curious how and where this rumor started to begin with. It's even worse when people don't provide source links to the rumors that they've come across.

First I read it was here: Rumour: WIP intro for Pre-E3 Show appears on Vimeo. Teases some stuff. - NeoGAF a few days back. That seems to be where it originated and has spread from there.

There's not much to it right now, other than a video turned up with a bunch of (big) names in the video game industry - Satoshi Tajiri being one. Since he doesn't make appearances often (usually it's some combination of Masuda, Ishihara, Morimoto, Ohmori etc) it's sent people into a bit of hype. Guess we'll just have to wait and see; the names could be placeholders, but then it's odd that they'd use Tajiri's name, since he's basically never seen he's not THAT well known.

I don't think anything will come of it personally, but that's just me and only time will tell.

It's now been mentioned in the Gen 6 thread that we're supposed to get "rare" news about the movie on the 18th of June. That's only 2 days after the 16th. Now I'm really wondering if those things and the May 21st announcement is all coincidence, or maybe there is something to it all.

Now I'm really wondering if those things and the May 21st announcement is all coincidence, or maybe there is something to it all.

Fire Emblem information from Famitsu leaked earlier today; if there was anything big Pokemon-related from the magazine, it would (most probably) have been leaked by now also.

Its probably just the Hoopa event details, or that's what I'm gathering.

Seems like the May 21 announcement was a hoax. Some website mistranslated a scan and hyped the media. I forgot the gaming media is anything but trustful.

Let's just say, Satoshi Tajiri makes so few public appearances that I'm surprised speculation about him having died years ago and GameFreak covering up his death to prevent damaging the brand hasn't become as infamous as Mew being under the truck by now. That's how little faith I have in any rumours of him making any kind of public appearance.

Seems like the May 21 announcement was a hoax. Some website mistranslated a scan and hyped the media. I forgot the gaming media is anything but trustful.
The fact that so few places reported on it at all was enough to set up red flags with me from the moment I heard of it. So in this case, it was more that the gaming media was trustful - it was just one site that cocked up.

Well then, looks like we're going to have to wait for E3. it's not like that's going to be hard with all the other stuff I can be excited for at this time of the year.

And the May 21st announcement was actually real! Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon! Woo!

It was real in the end, but not from Famitsu as some sites reported. What a plot twist.

I guess next month Coro Coro is going to cover the new Mystery Dungeon.

Can't say I'm surprise that CoroCoro this month only had Hoop release details and PMD details....People kept wanting an announcement for a new main series game and if it was going to happen it would have been in CoroCoro too unfortunately.....

Back
Top Bottom