• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Re: CoroCoro/Pokemon Get TV Thread

It's been awhile; remind me when those things come out again?

CoroCoro is usually officially out the 15th of every month, and can leak a few days earlier. Pokemon Gen TV is on Sundays at 7:30 AM Japan time (6:30) EST IIRC.

They usually take a while before they start discussing concrete information for the game. I don't think we'll get anything until June, where we'll probably get some basic information from CoroCoro and E3, probably a teaser trailer.

I think we'll see some artworks or a little video, they should have most of the game done since there's roughly 6 months left for the launch.

I just hope they "truly" confirm Hoenn so all this speculation on if it's Hoenn or not can stop.

CoroCoro is usually officially out the 15th of every month, and can leak a few days earlier. Pokemon Gen TV is on Sundays at 7:30 AM Japan time (6:30) EST IIRC.

Yep. It usually leaks earlier (sometimes 10th, usually 11th-13th), though. And Get TV is on at 6:30 or 7:30 Saturday night in the Eastern US.

Also, @Shiny Celebi; is it OK to have one thread for both of these, or should I split it? (Sorry if this is the wrong place for such a question!)

Last edited:

Yes, I think it might be ok to have one thread for each.
OK, I made this the CoroCoro thread and made another thread for pokemon Get TV. Hope everything's OK now!

Back on topic, it'll be very interesting to see the screenshots of Hoenn in XY graphics if that is revealed this month.

Don't think we'll get anything this month other than a repeat of the boxarts aswell as the new Groudon and Kyogre art (and probably a bunch of questions like they always do). Though I am willing to be surprised Game Freak/Corocoro... hint hint nudge nudge wink wink

Based on what happened when HGSS were first leaked five years ago, I can see this month's CoroCoro being similar to May 2009's issue: the starter pokemon and player characters' artworks, and images of a few early-game locations (probably Littleroot Town or Petalburg City).

I know it's early days, as it was literally just announced today, but I would love to see some in-game screen shots, and maybe the new Sugimori artwork of Groudon & Kyogre.

Well, HeartGold/SoulSilver were announced the same day as ORAS in 2009, and they were released in September. While they're certainly won't be a pattern, I'd want something this month:

- New artwork for Treecko, Mudkip and Torchic.
- Art of the protagonists, May & Brendan.
- Few screenshots.

- MAYBE New artwork for Groudon & Kyogre

Although I'd be surprised if they even reveal anything this month other than iterating the official announcement.

That depends if Nintendo had really planned to announce the games yesterday. It almost seems like they announced it just to give people something to talk about instead of focusing on the fiscal year thingy. If they planned to announce it yesterday in advance, then it is possible that the CoroCoro will have news about the remakes, otherwise I think we have to wait at least one month to know more about them. Unlike the X/Y scenario, this time they have only six months to reveal stuff about the games, so we might get news more frequently, I guess. IF there is news in this month's CoroCoro, I am hopping for:

- Confirmation (or de-confirmation) of Hoenn
- Confirmation (or de-confirmation) of character customization
- New artwork for the starters
- New artwork for May and Brendan (or any other main character that might replace them), regardless of character customization being a thing again
- Screen shots of some memorable locations

So, I think we'll get quite a bit from CoroCoro (expanding on what @Reila; said):

-Are those Groudon/Kyogre Mega Evos on the box art? Or new forms? Or just cool artwork for no reason?
-If they are, possible new typings...
-Sequels or remakes (Serebii has confirmed they're remakes, but I still can't be sure...)
-A few in-game screenshots
-New Gen III artwork....
--Including, the Hoenn map (IIRC, The Kanto/Johto map was remade for HG/SS)
--The starters
--The trainers (May/Brendan or new ones.)

Trainers are a lock, what with footage this Sunday. I guess new art for the starters, maybe Hoenn?

- Art of the protagonists, May & Brendan.

What if they pull a HG/SS and replace one or the other (AKA Lyra)? :'(

Personally, I don't think that'll happen. Both May and Brendan were apart of all three games, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. May was a prominent character in the anime. They appear as rivals in all three games aswell. Kris was apart of one game as a playable character with no other ties the series (up until HGSS in which she appeared in the anime but at that point she was already replaced).

If any of them was to be replaced though, I'd say Brendan, but I highly doubt it'll happen anyway.

Back
Top Bottom