• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

I personally don't see a problem with the Elite Four having 5 Pokemon and Mega Evolutions, but that's just me. I'm all for as much of a challenge as possible.
It doesn't matter what we hope for. If there is no Challenge Mode, I don't see them doing that after what happened in the Unova and Kalos games.

Yeah its the E4 I don't see em dialing back thd number of Pokemon because of megas. Anyway, I'm assumung mega glalie or froslass is gonna happen for glacia, with mega salamence for drake.

Wait what? Are you sure? I haven't played XY yet, so I can't comment, but if so I expect customisation. If Amie returns and customisation doesn't, GF have got their priorities very confused.
If customization isn't in the current issue, I don't see it being revealed later. It should be relevant to Secret Bases, which are currently the highlight.

And I think that many people would disagree with you about Amie being less important than customization.

I know. :/ You could argue that boutiques are a very French/Kalosian thing, so should be limited to XY. On the other hand, Amie was the big advertised thing for XY, so I thought it would be specific to that game, a bit like the following Pokemon in HGSS. Besides, customisation was just so GOOD.

The other reason I can see why they'd include Poke Amie is the amount of work involved. Animating every single Pokemon would have been a pretty titanic task and there's still plenty of space on the cartridge. It doesn't take much to copy-paste code from XY and add another feature to ORAS though.

They'd never drop Amie in the middle of this generation, it's the only way to get Sylveon. By gen 7, I'm guessing some held item will replace it, though. And as I've said before, basic body customization will most likely be included, even if clothing isn't.

So, does Sidney have a key stone on his wrist? It looks like he does, though I guess we'll need clearer art. Could just be a bracelet though. Mega Shiftry pls pls pls

It sure looks like it to me. Also, am I the only one not feeling Brawly's redesign? For someone stated to spend all of his time surfing, he looks more like a rock climber than Grant does! His hotness still remains, however.

Madame Pikachu: Beauty
Hard Rock Pikachu: Cool
Masked Pikachu: Tough
Doctor Pikachu: Smart
Idol Pikachu: Cute

Yeah, contests are back (not like anyone was really doubting it).

And Phoebe's design has changed a bit - she's now a loli.

What's a loli? She always made me think of a Bellossom-Hula girl hybrid, honestly. And yay for contests!

That is true, Phoebe does look a bit younger and "loli-er" now. Game Freak gotta please those lolicon weirdos somehow, it seems.

Wait what? Are you sure? I haven't played XY yet, so I can't comment, but if so I expect customisation. If Amie returns and customisation doesn't, GF have got their priorities very confused.
If customization isn't in the current issue, I don't see it being revealed later. It should be relevant to Secret Bases, which are currently the highlight.

And I think that many people would disagree with you about Amie being less important than customization.

I know. :/ You could argue that boutiques are a very French/Kalosian thing, so should be limited to XY. On the other hand, Amie was the big advertised thing for XY, so I thought it would be specific to that game, a bit like the following Pokemon in HGSS. Besides, customisation was just so GOOD.

The other reason I can see why they'd include Poke Amie is the amount of work involved. Animating every single Pokemon would have been a pretty titanic task and there's still plenty of space on the cartridge. It doesn't take much to copy-paste code from XY and add another feature to ORAS though.

They'd never drop Amie in the middle of this generation, it's the only way to get Sylveon. By gen 7, I'm guessing some held item will replace it, though. And as I've said before, basic body customization will most likely be included, even if clothing isn't.

So, does Sidney have a key stone on his wrist? It looks like he does, though I guess we'll need clearer art. Could just be a bracelet though. Mega Shiftry pls pls pls

It sure looks like it to me. Also, am I the only one not feeling Brawly's redesign? For someone stated to spend all of his time surfing, he looks more like a rock climber than Grant does! His hotness still remains, however.

Madame Pikachu: Beauty
Hard Rock Pikachu: Cool
Masked Pikachu: Tough
Doctor Pikachu: Smart
Idol Pikachu: Cute

Yeah, contests are back (not like anyone was really doubting it).

And Phoebe's design has changed a bit - she's now a loli.

What's a loli? She always made me think of a Bellossom-Hula girl hybrid, honestly. And yay for contests!
Generally, lolicon manga and anime portray sexual attraction to younger girls or to girls with youthful characteristics.

I don't think they sexulized her

Are you talking about 5 pokemon and one of them is a mega evolution or five plus another that's a mega evolution? Elite 4 members never had six pokemon ever since the beggining of the franchise when you fight them for the first time (and the only E4 that had six was in HG/SS and it was in the rematchs) and i really doubt that they will do that now (even though i want it to happen).

Generally, lolicon manga and anime portray sexual attraction to younger girls or to girls with youthful characteristics.

I don't think they sexulized her

OH, like a Lolita figure? Oh, she looks cute for sure, but so does every girl Ken Sugimori draws. And he draws all of them flat-chested as well so they could be assumed to be underage as well. Of course people will think she's a Lolita now. :p And I totally see her necklace. Plus, was the Pokéball on her skirt always there? I think that might be new.

What you talking about 5 pokemon and one of them is a mega evolution or five plus another that's a mega evolution? Elite 4 members never had six pokemon ever since the beggining of the franchise when you fight them for the first time (and the only E4 that had six was in HG/SS and it was in the rematchs) and i really doubt that will do that now.

This one.

Which I really hope happens. It'll make the Elite Four actually feel...elite.

An illustrator doesn't need to sexualize a character to make her a "loli". Sexualing the character is something fan"artists" will do eventually.

For better or for worse (certainly for worse), Phoebe does look loli-ish now.

What you talking about 5 pokemon and one of them is a mega evolution or five plus another that's a mega evolution? Elite 4 members never had six pokemon ever since the beggining of the franchise when you fight them for the first time (and the only E4 that had six was in HG/SS and it was in the rematchs) and i really doubt that will do that now.

This one.

Ah, i hope it happens too. But first they need to get rid of the NFE mon Glacia and Drake have because a E4 member using a NFE doesn't feel elite.

This one.

Ah, i hope it happens too. But first they need to get rid of the NFE mon Glacia and Drake have because a E4 member using a NFE doesn't feel elite.

Considering Phoebe's confirmed to have Dusknoir, you can be sure that we're getting some kind of expansion and that Glacia will probably get Froslass and Drake will get rid of his Shelgon.

Phoebe looks more "boyish" to me, if anything. The unusually short hair gives that impression. She does look younger though.

The Elite Four will probably have 5 Pokemon again, I don't see that changing. Hopefully they bump the rosters up to 6 for rematches.

As long as one of the five Pokémon is a mega, it is good enough to me.

In the scan with Dr. Pikachu in it, isn't that Aarune's portrait in a battle opening background? So maybe we do get to battle him after all. Mega Flygon pls~

I'm still not convinced that the Pikachu costumes mean contests are returning, but I suppose we'll find out for ourselves next month. Hopefully with more Megas.

Where did you guys get the name "Aarune" for the secret base dude? Because his name is Gilly (ギリー) on the Japanese site: ギリー | 『ポケットモンスター オメガルビー』『ポケットモンスター アルファサファイア』公式サイト

The official site.

Huh, I had checked the site like a day ago and didn't see the secret base announcement. Also, "Aarune" threw me off since it looks like romanji Japanese name (アールネ). So "Aaron + Rune" basically? Thank you, I am learned!

So this might explain why those Pikachu are seen in amie:

A heart-ounding adventure like you’ve never known is here!
With changing Pikachu’s appearance, registering Pokemon, building your own secret base, this adventure is so awesome it’s not even funny!

(second from bottom) New Pokemon Discovery?! A new look for Pikachu!
Obtain a never before seen new form of Pikachu! And it’s not just one, but more than one variety! It seems to be appearing in various different looks!

• Madame Pikachu: Gorgeous with a blue dress and feather accent! A Lady!
  • Hard Rock Pikachu: Pikachu’s ready to go on stage in this red costume!
    Fiery passionate red!!

They're actually new forms?

If so, I find it ridixulous. Creating clothes out of nowhere goes too far, and I don't care at all to use a special pikachu for contests if they get bonuses.

If so, I find it ridixulous. Creating clothes out of nowhere goes too far, and I don't care at all to use a special pikachu for contests if they get bonuses.

The accessories in Gen IV Super Contests were clunky at best. Perhaps this new Black-tail Pikachu is simply a pre-curser for what's to come in the future, where they try to model clothes on Pokemon? GF did use Pikachu as a starting point for the happiness system.

Of course, what remains to be seen is if this is just one Black-tailed Pikachu that has an entire wardrobe or there are five of them.

At the very least, Game Freak seems to be creating more "special" com-mons, first starting with Notch Eared Pichu, and then Eternal Floette (though this Pikachu will be released before it, if the Floette ever gets released). This might be foreshadowing of things to come.

Back
Top Bottom