• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Tbh it never made sense to me why Game Freak thought it was a good idea to make each member's team at higher levels than the last. It's not like my entire team is going to raise five levels from just a couple of battles.
This, exactly. Unless you pump them full of Rare Candies or have them holding Lucky Eggs/Exp Shares, they won't gain all that much in terms of experience.

Since it looks like we're doing the sequential order slag again, I'll do what I did back in the old R/S/E days: raise my team to five levels ahead of the highest E4 member and steamroll them. Or I'll cheat a little differently this time: have one of my multiple level 100 Golurks at the front of my party--ten to one it'll be Riser--and let the big fella steamroll whatever comes at him. But in either case it won't be a huge challenge to me as I'll have planned ahead.

I usually just get my whole team to the level of the champion's highest leveled Pokemon.

More or less confirmed they're going in sequential order rather than choice order:

tumblr_n8pnyy2NPv1srw9p6o1_500.png

Also lol Hoenn's such a poor nation--Kalos Elite Four all have intricate thrones, Hoenn's Elite have a generic chair

We are Hoennese! We require no ego boosts with thrones like those cheeseatingsurrendermonkey Kalosians! :p

I liked the sequential order E4 better than the pick-your-own order, but I will say sometimes the level gains between people were crazy. Like, what the heck, Cynthia?

5 or so levels overall is fine, though. Your Pokemon don't need to be exactly at the level of the champion, do they? Consider the little disadvantage part of the challenge.

I actually quite liked the level gaps between E4 members- I mean, they're the strongest trainers in the entire country, it'd be no fun if you could simple walk through them like they were nothing especially considering the majority of us will have been on our journey for less than a week. Hell, having my ass handed to me time and time again was part of what makes the games fun! X and Y kinda slipped up in that regard...

Best to take these topics to the relevant thread now. It's been a few weeks since Corocoro + the site update, so unless you're discussing next month's Corocoro these discussions are better off in their relevant threads than this one.

Gotcha, so to stay on topic...

I think next month's issue is gonna show us the rest of the GLs and Elites. Wally and possible conformation that contests will be returning with minor titbits of details about the ORAS take on them (and possibly those Pikachu's). I won't grasp out for much else until it actually happens.

Maybe we might start getting other one-minute version differences around then too.

If they don't reveal Mega Sharpedo and Camerupt in the next issue after basically showing us that the Magma Bosses are getting Megas then I will literally eat my entire collection of hats.

I don't think I gave my predictions for next CoroCoro.

-At least 5 or 6 new Megas (no idea which ones). If any of them are 4th or 5th gen Pokemon, they might reveal an expanded Hoenn Dex as well.
-Contests
-Wally

This is supposed to be a Mega-oriented issue, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the rest of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four, and hopefully more story tidbits and pictures of Hoenn.

So far they've confirmed a 'mega-evolution scoop' and some explanation regarding contests. As Bolt said, we've already received 3 megas in one issue, so I'd say there will be a least 4 new megas. Maybe Camerupt, Sharpedo, Milotic and Salamence? The first two have been strongly foreshadowed and the last two are popular and iconic.

We didn't get all the gym leaders and elite 4 last time, so I reckon they'll show the character art for the rest of them, finally settling the question of what happens with Wallace and Juan. Art for Wally might go along with that, simply because he's the only major character now who hasn't had his art revealed.

So that's quite a lot of content. A lot of megas, contests and character art? I'd be very happy with that.

When will the leaks be coming out? I believe Corocoro's coming out slightly earlier next month?

When will the leaks be coming out? I believe Corocoro's coming out slightly earlier next month?

12th August. So leaks will probably happen around the 8th.

With Mega Evolutions being the focus of next month, I don't expect less than 5 new Megas. Something about Contests is also likely. Anything else will probably be more characters, which would most likely be the remained of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four. Since they don't take up that much space, Wally may be revealed, too~

The thing is, does scoop necessarily = quantity? I could see only Mega Lati@s being revealed and it would still fit a "Mega Evolution Scoop" imo, as it's two more legendaries Mega Evolving and, as they are most likely appealing to kids, legendaries will be made into a big deal, (because they are so rare and powerful!!), which, to me, is what a scoop imples: big news, not a big quantity of news.

Not that I want it to be that, though; I'd rather it wasn't the Mega Eons, they look horrible and are largely pointless when Soul Dew is still programmed into the games. I'd much rather see some lesser used Pokemon Megas in this issue (and yes I would love a whole bunch of them to be revealed, like most people think we are getting), like Sharpedo and Camerupt, they are more interesting to discuss and speculate on and will help them out. We already know the Mega Eons stats and abilities already anyway, there's really nothing to discuss about them except how awful they look and how unnecessary they are.

Last month's news felt pretty lacking, to be honest; I'm hoping this month is going to be miles better.

So far they've confirmed a 'mega-evolution scoop' and some explanation regarding contests. As Bolt said, we've already received 3 megas in one issue, so I'd say there will be a least 4 new megas. Maybe Camerupt, Sharpedo, Milotic and Salamence? The first two have been strongly foreshadowed and the last two are popular and iconic.

We didn't get all the gym leaders and elite 4 last time, so I reckon they'll show the character art for the rest of them, finally settling the question of what happens with Wallace and Juan. Art for Wally might go along with that, simply because he's the only major character now who hasn't had his art revealed.

So that's quite a lot of content. A lot of megas, contests and character art? I'd be very happy with that.

And if they do reveal the gym leader E4 and wally that means the last 3 issues will either

A: only show off new megas
B: BATTLE BRAINS!?!?!?!?
c: battle brains with new megas ( Like lucy with mega seviper)

Predictions:

1. Wally, a few more new Megas, the rest of the gym leaders and E4 art in August's issue

2. Contests and other extra in-game activities, maybe customization in September.

3. Battle Frontier and/other post-game content in October

The thing is, does scoop necessarily = quantity? I could see only Mega Lati@s being revealed and it would still fit a "Mega Evolution Scoop" imo, as it's two more legendaries Mega Evolving and, as they are most likely appealing to kids, legendaries will be made into a big deal, (because they are so rare and powerful!!), which, to me, is what a scoop imples: big news, not a big quantity of news.

Not that I want it to be that, though; I'd rather it wasn't the Mega Eons, they look horrible and are largely pointless when Soul Dew is still programmed into the games. I'd much rather see some lesser used Pokemon Megas in this issue (and yes I would love a whole bunch of them to be revealed, like most people think we are getting), like Sharpedo and Camerupt, they are more interesting to discuss and speculate on and will help them out. We already know the Mega Eons stats and abilities already anyway, there's really nothing to discuss about them except how awful they look and how unnecessary they are.

Last month's news felt pretty lacking, to be honest; I'm hoping this month is going to be miles better.
Eh, depends on CoroCoro's track record I guess. On one hand, whenever we got something like a separate info leaflet, or a major issue, the next issue has always sorta delivered a good sizeable amount of info. That howeverdoes not mean a Mega Evolution Scoop would be a case of an info dump, cause its very different to offer say 10 pages of info for a game, and 10 pages for 1 aspect of it. You probably know all this, but I'm just making a case.

Personally, I'm predicting again that we're gonna get somewhere between 6-10, with the Mega Lati, Camerupt, and Sharpedo a certainty. Afterwards its a free-for-all of what GF has decided is important to reveal for Megas. As for everything else, I think Leaders+E4, contests and Wally are good guesses, but I'm gonna throw in the Pokenav for good measure. Something tells me its going to be a major update, probably the 1st(and probably last knowing GF) Pokedevice that's real time along with the gameplay.

As for everything else, I think Leaders+E4, contests and Wally are good guesses, but I'm gonna throw in the Pokenav for good measure. Something tells me its going to be a major update, probably the 1st(and probably last knowing GF) Pokedevice that's real time along with the gameplay.

What do you mean by "real time"?

Back
Top Bottom