• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Not sure why CoroCoro's taking so long.

Also re the reddit leaks, does no one remember the last time the mods "believed" someone?

Serebii has just tweeted the first bit of information - apparently, Deoxys will be available. I wonder if this is through event (like in Emerald), or in-game?

EDIT:
List of legendaries confirmed:

Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Regigigas, Cresselia, Heatran, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Thundurus, Tornadus, Landorus,

Guessing that the girl is Zinnia. Also I see a rocket ship on the big dramatic artwork with Zinnia, Courtney, Matt!

And before anyone who hasn't read the demo datamine stuff gets excited

Yes, Zinnia uses a Mega, no it is not an Exploud, she uses Salamence

No more Megas then.

If that's all there is, that's pretty underwhelming. Not even a tease of anything special or new.

Woah shit, can we go into space?!

yIre2Ld.png

That seems to be the case. According to Serebii, the Deoxys encounter is part of a special in-game event called "Episode Delta."

This event appears to be triggered if you catch Rayquaza in Spear Pillar.

Guessing that the girl is Zinnia. Also I see a rocket ship on the big dramatic artwork with Zinnia, Courtney, Matt!

And before anyone who hasn't read the demo datamine stuff gets excited

Yes, Zinnia uses a Mega, no it is not an Exploud, she uses Salamence

Pretty sad that they double up Megas. Bad enough that Sidney doubles up with Serena and Calem, but now Drake has the same Mega as someone else in the game.

It's funny how they seem intent on showing us everything before release, as they've now even moved onto spoiling the post-game stuff after completely ruining any surprises with Megas. Great marketing. Now we know why they said they aren't talking about the post-game content in that interview the other week - because this is the post-game stuff.

Still no sign of the Battle Froniter/Resort either. Watch the Battle Resort just be the Maison with a different name.

Plot twist: Episode Delta is event-only and its by serial code, but you can only get the serial code from the International Space Station.

Oh wait, GF doing something stupid isn't really a plot twist.

Dudes, there's art of Wallace mirroring Steven! Please tell me that means he's gonna have some significance like his role in Emerald!

It could indicate version exclusive post-game roles?

Seeing as they do seem to be split up with Steven on the OR side, and Wallace on AS, I really hope that's the case~

And maybe Juan...?

At least CoroCoro answered why Lorekeeper Zinnia only uses 5 Pokémon during her final battle.

- Goodra (Lv. 60) (Ability: Sap Sipper) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Muddy Water/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam)
- Noivern (Lv. 60) (Ability: Infiltrator) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Air Slash/Shadow Ball/Super Fang)
- Altaria (Lv. 60) (Ability Natural Cure) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Moonblast/Flamethrower/Hyper Voice)
- Tyrantrum (Lv. 60) (Ability: Strong Jaw) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Earthquake/Stone Edge)
- Salamence (Lv. 62) @ [Salamencite] (Ability: Intimidate) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Fire Fang/Thunder Fang)

But why does she have a Whismur? Why couldn't it have been a Dragon-type like Bagon, or even an Axew?

Wait a minute. Deoxys is in this "Episode Delta" thingy, yeah?

Where was the place you could catch it way back when...?
Birth_Island_FRLG.png
Delta...

So this is it? Lamest final news reveal ever.

They really did not handle this game's news cycle very well. Too much focus on Megas and not enough focus on new features. Of course, that seems to be true of the game as a whole as well.

I'm honestly questioning what was GF's thinking with the reveal cycle this time around. Provided that's there nothing more then what's in the demo data, we have almost nothing left to discover about these games. We know all of the Megas, almost all of the legendaries, almost all of the post-game, and almost all of the replay value. The only thing left is the Battle Tower and Resort, and the fact that they didn't talk about it gives me the impression that there's not much to it anyway. There's so little left to discover now, it's really odd how they played their entire hand.

I will say that I'm looking forward to the Episode Delta plot though and hopefully it's not event only.

Dudes, there's art of Wallace mirroring Steven! Please tell me that means he's gonna have some significance like his role in Emerald!

It could indicate version exclusive post-game roles?

Seeing as they do seem to be split up with Steven on the OR side, and Wallace on AS, I really hope that's the case~

And maybe Juan...?

It would be a nice shout to Emerald by giving Wallace a post-game role. Also, if he really shares the same spot as Steven as a version exclusive NPC, then I'm definitely getting OR because more Steven=more love ♥

This "delta episode" looks like a postgame story to me. Now Hoenn games DO have a postgame story.

Plot twist: Episode Delta is event-only and its by serial code, but you can only get the serial code from the International Space Station.

Oh wait, GF doing something stupid isn't really a plot twist.

Well, it does involve Deoxys, which is an event Pokemon, so Episode Delta is most likely going to be part of a distribution event itself. Game Freak would never make a distribution Pokemon available through regular means unless there was a good meaning for it.

So this is it? Lamest final news reveal ever.

They really did not handle this game's news cycle very well. Too much focus on Megas and not enough focus on new features. Of course, that seems to be true of the game as a whole as well.

Agreed, it was just Megas, Megas, and more Megas, and it just became too predictable. It just feels like they've turned the entire game into a Mega-fest and that they're clearly running out of ideas. CoroCoro has revealed MORE Megas than they did back when X/Y came out, like they think the only reason that anyone wanted Gen 3 remakes was because we wanted more Mega Evolutions, when so many just wanted to go back and revisit Hoenn again, nothing more or less. If it was just the Hoenn starters that got Megas, I'd be fine, but they just went overboard with it, in fact, as soon as I read the part where Primal Groudon and Kyogre "had a connection to Mega Evolution", I instantly knew that all they cared about was Mega Evolutions and nothing more.

In my opinion, this is a sign that the franchise is starting to decline, as when a franchise starts to grow old, it starts to rely more on gimmicks that (usually fail to) keep peoples interest in the franchise, when it only drives them away more, and this is honestly what I think Mega Evolutions are is a gimmick that Game Freak is relying on too much anymore.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom