• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Yeah. I am pretty disappointed with this month's corocoro but nothing I can do. But mega evolution in Super Mystery Dungeon sounds fascinating. I wonder how pokemon mega evolve in that since there are no trainers.

Well, CoroCoro leaked and there was no main series game, not surprising that it was mostly about Super PMD, since it was just announced not that long ago. From the looks of the CoroCoro art, it looks like the starters may be capable of evolving during the story (at least to the first stage), but I doubt it will ever happen since TPCi loves cuteness.

Well, CoroCoro leaked and there was no main series game, not surprising that it was mostly about Super PMD, since it was just announced not that long ago. From the looks of the CoroCoro art, it looks like the starters may be capable of evolving during the story (at least to the first stage), but I doubt it will ever happen since TPCi loves cuteness.

Actually even the first stage would be really cool, for many of them their mid forms are the most badass (in a 'rebellious teenager' sort of way). Charmelon and Wartortle, Bayleef and Typhlosion, Grovyle, Dewott, Braixen and Frogadier... of course Riolu only evolves into Lucario and you can bet Pikachu's not likely to evolve at all, but even so. If they allow evolution of your main character mid-story then I hope they're also investing in a full set of emote portraits for their evolutions.

Actually even the first stage would be really cool, for many of them their mid forms are the most badass (in a 'rebellious teenager' sort of way). Charmelon and Wartortle, Bayleef and Typhlosion, Grovyle, Dewott, Braixen and Frogadier... of course Riolu only evolves into Lucario and you can bet Pikachu's not likely to evolve at all, but even so. If they allow evolution of your main character mid-story then I hope they're also investing in a full set of emote portraits for their evolutions.

Though I've noticed the evolved forms are not wearing scarves, and you KNOW with TPCi's apparent hatred of Raichu they're not going to let Pikachu ever evolve. Either way, I wish they did let the main characters evolve during the main story and have emote portraits for the evolution rather than just have everything be emotionless after evolution.

Though I've noticed the evolved forms are not wearing scarves.
I'm not sure about that, Mega Charizard is definitely wearing something that's not your typical Mega Stone. Wartortle, Empoleon, Servine, Dewott, and Braixen are all wearing the same thing too. (While Infernape is carrying a satchel.)

Last edited:
I hope that is the case and you can evolve the character before finishing the game. Evolution is one of the defining features of the series, it just doesn't make sense to lock it out until post game.

I hope that is the case and you can evolve the character before finishing the game. Evolution is one of the defining features of the series, it just doesn't make sense to lock it out until post game.

The reason TPCi wants to keep them unevolved during the main story is because cuteness sells more, as well as how evolution works in the PMD games compared the the main-series games and the anime. Plus they seem to want consistency with the story... or maybe they're just too lazy to draw mugshots for all the different stages and only keep it to the first stages.

The reason TPCi wants to keep them unevolved during the main story is because cuteness sells more, as well as how evolution works in the PMD games compared the the main-series games and the anime. Plus they seem to want consistency with the story... or maybe they're just too lazy to draw mugshots for all the different stages and only keep it to the first stages.
There are many ways to "solve" this issue, assuming it is one. They can make evolutions optional (like it is in the main games), they can add certain restrictions to evolutions, so younger players won't evolve their cute characters by mistake, etc. Locking out evolutions until post game is a cheap "solution". On top of that, the art style from the Mystery Dungeons game can make even fully evolved Pokémon look rather cute. I also don't see how evolutions can mess the consistency of the story.

All that being said, I think evolution will still be locked until post game in the new game.

Man, this is interesting.

Very interesting.

THIRD IMPACT CONFIRMED

0MdHE40.png

It would be too much of a stretch if that Pokemon was one of Zygarde's forms. The only way it could a Mega Evolution or form of Volcanion is if the things on its arms are not wings but rather cannons.

11741773_10153372548772976_989431852_n.jpg

Hello interesting Pokémon news, oh how I missed you! Now, don't just turn out to be a new forme of Zygarde or Volcanion please.

11741773_10153372548772976_989431852_n.jpg

Hello interesting Pokémon news, oh how I missed you! Now, don't just turn out to be a new forme of Zygarde or Volcanion please.

I'd be down with it being an alt form for Volcanion, because then at least it would mean the publisher officially acknowledged it, rather than maintaining the worst kept Pokemon secret this generation.

I doubt it's a new Hoopa form, as there aren't any rings surrounding it that play of Hoopas name or original design.

If only there were more information. Damn you, Corocoro.

Holy Halliburton...

I knew it, I freaking knew it. Zygarde is Optimus Prime's cousin three times removed, sent to save all of the Pokemans. Featuring Shia LeBouf as Ass Ketchum and Megan Fox as Mega-Gardevoir.

Theories and fanarts are already flying

etiA54g.jpg

Personally I doubt it's Volcanion. Much less Hoopa (featured in two movies in a row?).

I think it's a Zygarde form. The form of the head, and in the third screenshot its body has light patches that seem to be hexagonal (hard to tell with that quality anyway). A new Pokémon is feasible too, although I'm not sure about introducing a gen VII Pokémon in a gen VI movie when the generation is nowhere near its end (I know they did this with Zoroark, but the gen IV was already closing back then)

That could also be yet another Hoopa form. Maybe.Was there any doubt there would be a third version or sequels to XY?
To be honest, I don't know what I expected.

Though that is definitely not Hoopa, the top of the head looks like Zygarde's.

I'm very Excited! it must be a New legendary pokemon! or maybe Zygrade's new form or Volcanion's new form , LET'S SEE WOT IT IS IN 2016! I CAN'T WAIT!
The Future is now Thanks to Pokemon

Have anyone noticed the tentacle things on the sides of Zygarde's body and wondered what they're for?
Zygarde tenticals arm things (Will delete image).png
They don't look like they're appearing on Zygarde's body in his new form.
Maybe it's possible that those things on the sides of Zygarde's body could be cannons/hands things?

Back
Top Bottom