• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

I find it kinda funny that we're getting this only a couple days after they released that survey I blogged about not too long ago:

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/blogs/31138/pokemon-survey-twitter-69578/

With this new Forme/whatever foreshadowing an upcoming game(s) it's becoming more likely of an early 2016 release. Which means they've had from Gen 6's beginning till now for game development. Which means that they better have a good excuse if it turns out to be something all hashed together lazily. Or Masuda needs to be bitch-slapped.

Reminds me of this:

Dragomon%27s_cameo_appearence_in_Digimon_Adventure_02.png

My money is on a Mega-Zygarde forme, because its 600 stats, given Xerneas and Yveltal's bulky 680s is laughable as it is.

My money is on a Mega-Zygarde forme, because its 600 stats, given Xerneas and Yveltal's bulky 680s is laughable as it is.

And Xerneas and Yveltal being immune to each of Zygarde's types.

At least we know the unreleased move Thousand Arrows overrides Flying immunity.

And probably huge.

Rough estimation. If it's a Zygarde form and its head doesn't shrink, we could be talking about the most massive Pokémon ever.

YmTjqeA.png

Scary.

And probably huge.

Rough estimation. If it's a Zygarde form and its head doesn't shrink, we could be talking about the most massive Pokémon ever.

YmTjqeA.png

Scary.

It looks like that it's about 100-150 feet tall! By the looks of it, it must be at least twice as tall is Whailmer as long.

That sum-bitch is massive. Although to my poor eyes it looks like it's as tall as the length of the Wailmer.

If it does turn out to be that big... TV Tropes best be changing it to Hot Skitty on Zygarde Action.

That sum-bitch is massive. Although to my poor eyes it looks like it's as tall as the length of the Wailmer.

If it does turn out to be that big... TV Tropes best be changing it to Hot Skitty on Zygarde Action.

But the joke is the breeding compatibility, so, no. :lol:

or they have even more in store for us then we can imagine.

A new Pokémon is feasible too, although I'm not sure about introducing a gen VII Pokémon in a gen VI movie when the generation is nowhere near its end (I know they did this with Zoroark, but the gen IV was already closing back then)

To be fair, they did it with Donphan in movie one (which promoted Red and Blue) and Lugia and Slowking in movie two (which promoted Yellow), then they did it with Munchlax in movie 7 (which promoted Emerald), Lucario in movie 8 (which promoted FireRed and LeafGreen), Zoroark in movie 13 (which promoted HeartGold and SoulSilver) and now Hoopa in movie 18 (which promoted OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire).

(I didn't count Lati@s, Manaphy or Megatwo Y, because those were standard "final movie of the generation, first Pokémon of the next generation" fare. Zorua and Zoroark were as well, but they were the first time a new generation Pokémon appeared in a movie promoting a remake at the end of a generation, as opposed to M08 or M18.)

To be fair, with the exception of Lugia (which I'm not totally convinced was actually connected to yellow in any way? There were no orange islands in yellow, I'd know it was my first game), none of the examples you lusted involved 70 foot tall legendary pokemon as starring characters. I'd forgotten munchlax entirely. Mind you, at that time I was at my lowest interest in the anime.

This is clearly pretty different from those.

Lugia was involved in the Yellow Manga, which was the only thing Lugia has connecting to Yellow.

Lugia was involved in the Yellow Manga, which was the only thing Lugia has connecting to Yellow.

Yeah, see? I think the connection is tenuous at best. Legendaries from the next gen don't get thrown into the movies unless they're starting the next gen soon. Lugia's movie seems to be early stage weirdness. Plus, it wasn't actually that long after the Power of One that G/S were released.

And the pokemon in these shots is pretty definitely legendary, even if it's not Zygarde. I mean, the probability that it's not Zygarde is so low I don't really want to mention it, but people on here seem to really think it might be something else, so yeah.

My bet's on Zygarde, but my crack-theory is an evil alien from Pluto. It's pissed at us for sending a fly-by satellite and now it's going to exact its revenge on us for trespassin'. I'm tellin' y'all right now, Professor Cozmo seen this coming and we didn't listen. I don't think Rayquaza can save us from this one, guys. Best be putting our heads between our knees and kissing our asses goodbye.

To be fair, with the exception of Lugia (which I'm not totally convinced was actually connected to yellow in any way? There were no orange islands in yellow, I'd know it was my first game), none of the examples you lusted involved 70 foot tall legendary pokemon as starring characters. I'd forgotten munchlax entirely. Mind you, at that time I was at my lowest interest in the anime.

This is clearly pretty different from those.

-.- I meant Movie 2 promoted Yellow because it was the second movie set in Kanto much like Yellow was the second installment set in Kanto, and Red and Blue had already been promoted through Movie 1. Lugia had no connection to Yellow. But please, feel free to tell me what Donphan had connecting it to Red and Blue, or Munchlax to Emerald or Lucario with FireRed and LeafGreen that makes Lugia seem tenuous by comparison.

-.- I meant Movie 2 promoted Yellow because it was the second movie set in Kanto much like Yellow was the second installment set in Kanto, and Red and Blue had already been promoted through Movie 1. Lugia had no connection to Yellow. But please, feel free to tell me what Donphan had connecting it to Red and Blue, or Munchlax to Emerald or Lucario with FireRed and LeafGreen that makes Lugia seem tenuous by comparison.

While I get what you're trying to say, the Lugia movie wasn't even set in Kanto as it was set in the Orange Islands, it was promoting Pokemon Gold and Silver instead of Yellow. It's pretty much the "final movie of the Generation featuring new Generation Pokemon" along with Lati@s, Manaphy, and Mega Mewtwo Y.

While I get what you're trying to say, the Lugia movie wasn't even set in Kanto as it was set in the Orange Islands, it was promoting Pokemon Gold and Silver instead of Yellow. It's pretty much the "final movie of the Generation featuring new Generation Pokemon" along with Lati@s, Manaphy, and Mega Mewtwo Y.

Precisely. There's a difference between "this lines up with the other's release" and "this is promoting the other." Promotion involves getting people hyped. Nothing about The Power of One was getting people hyped to buy Yellow. It got them hyped to buy GS. It's similar to how Heroes got us hyped for RS. I would argue that perhaps even Lucario and the Mystery of Mew was not actually promoting FRLG, and instead part of early DP marketing, but that's neither here nor there.

That said, I think it's incredibly unlikely that this pokemon is from gen VII. For one, it looks basically nothing like the Strange Souvenir, which I would expect and answer to first among the gen VII movies. For another, it looks like Zygarde. Hexagons everywhere, forehead split thing, collar point things, etc. Plus, rumors around the movie's release in Japan said that post-credits content involved Zygarde looming over a castle" this looks like it could be related.

Plus, rumors around the movie's release in Japan said that post-credits content involved Zygarde looming over a castle" this looks like it could be related.
It's the exact same thing. Unless the full teaser shows Zygarde reverting, someone just assumed that the silhouette is Zygarde and didn't even bother saying that it isn't the regular form.

Back
Top Bottom