• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Has Coro Coro given is any idea of what's in the next issue? Anything like 'amazing announcement coming next time'? I'm just being greedy now but don't even care, haha.

Hahahaha to you all you 7th genner and new pokemon.

Very mature.

Maybe it's just the quality of the scans but most of the designs look pretty bad. Zygarde 50% isn't much to look at but the dog design and the perfect form just look terrible.

I'm surprised by some of the comments, I really like the designs and I love the percentage concept.

I'm really curious as to how Zygarde will change forme and if it can keep those formes, and I never expected Zygarde to look like a dog. I assume Zygarde Perfect will be its "Mega" (thereby being stronger than Xerneas and Yveltal by 20 points) and like Rayquaza only needs a certain attack to change, in this case Thousand Waves/Arrows.

Ugh, Zygarde having more formes than there were Kalos Pokémon honestly makes me gag. Serving me Deoxys realness with those unnecessary formes.

And can someone hurry up and post HQ scans, I can't see this Greninja thing everyone's complaining about.

Ugh, Zygarde having more formes than there were Kalos Pokémon honestly makes me gag. Serving me Deoxys realness with those unnecessary formes.

And can someone hurry up and post HQ scans, I can't see this Greninja thing everyone's complaining about.
Zygarde only really has two other forms. 10% Form and 100%, a.k.a., Perfect Form.

The other two are described as cells and not forms.

Also, here's the scan, Ash's Greninja is at the bottom.

Well that's the form name... they should still count as Zygarde forms... although I guess you can argue about that and we really don't have enough details right now, but I doubt they'd make new designs that we can't truly use in-game. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to make Zygarde change itself to any of all these new designs we're seeing, but I guess we'll see about that...

Last edited:
Well that's the form name... they should still count as Zygarde forms... although I guess you can argue about that and we really don't have enough details right now, but I doubt they'd make new designs that we can't truly use in-game. I'm pretty we'll be able to make Zygarde change itself to any of all these new designs we're seeing, but I guess we'll see about that...
I guess we could, but I question the presence of forms that are so utterly weak (assuming they're weak that is...I mean they're under 10%).

Zygarde only really has two other forms. 10% Form and 100%, a.k.a., Perfect Form.

By that logic, Cosplay Pikachu, Unbound Hoopa, the Pumpkins, the Burmy, the Shello, the Rotom, the Darmanitan and the Vivillon forms would not be considered forms, 'cause they're never directly called that. -.-

Zygarde has four forms.

By that logic, Cosplay Pikachu, Unbound Hoopa, the Pumpkins, the Burmy, the Shello, the Rotom, the Darmanitan and the Vivillon forms would not be considered forms, 'cause they're never directly called that. -.-

Zygarde has four forms.
You can only call them forms if they're actual Pokémon. All of the ones you listed are actual Pokémon.

Until they're confirmed to be usable in a battle and stuff, we can't say they're forms for sure.

The core cell is described as the brain of every form, rather than its own Pokemon or a form.

I've been pleasantly surprised that for all the Zygarde talk I've not seen many "final form" memes being banded about. That doesn't stop Perfect Cellgarde from being an eyesore though, it looks like something a 10-year old Go Nagai would have doodled on the margin of a class notebook. Sticking to the hexagon motif, especially ones that are so large with respect to the body, makes the design look clumsy and even unfinished. The cores (exposed and hidden) being arranged in tricolor is a neat touch if you needed reminding that Kalos is France, but I think we've got the message by now. It also shows the most basic of connections to the other two because its arms are blue and red. TPC, keeping it simple as always. I doubt the percentages are linked to the BSTs, 10% will just be less powerful than 50% (480 at a guess?) and 100% will probably be 780 so it's on par with MMX/Y and M-RQ.

Mythologically I'm not quite following the inspirations; the 10% and 50% formes resembling a dog (Fenrir) and serpent (Jormungand) respectively make sense if you assume they're following Loki's children, but I don't see how the 100% form has anything to do with Hel. Maybe it's meant to be inspired by one of the Jotuns ..... bah. Who am I kidding, consistency in Pokémon designs is a mug's game. I'd actually like the dog a lot more if we didn't already have a 'mon that was heavily based on a Doberman.

Ash's Greninja looks relatively understated, which is a rarity amongst the megas/formes of late but one I'll gladly take. I'd assume that if it makes it to the games it will be handled in a similar manner to AZ's Floette (whenever that pops up), or perhaps it will remain an anime-only deal.

Last edited:
I don't really see why so many people dislike them, but I really like the new Zygarde formes, it goes from a little flat blob (Cell Zygarde) to a more three-dimensional blob (Core Zygarde), to a green dog that looks a bit like a Houndoom with a scarf (10% Zygarde), to the Zygarde we know (50% Zygarde), to a giant robot thing that reminds me of an EVA unit from the anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion (Perfect Zygarde). My favorite one is 10% Zygarde.

Apparently, from what I read on a Tumblr post, Zygarde's new forms are likely based on Norse Mythological characters Hel, Jormungandr and Fenrir, just as Xerneas is the four stags and Yveltal is the Blind Eagle

Though it doesn't seem like any new main series game was introduced today, as the new Zygarde forme was all we got that was somewhat related to the games, but it seems to relate more to the Pokemon's presence in the anime and the 4th Mega Evolution special as opposed to the main series game, and as you know, I don't like the newer seasons of the anime, so they're not relevant to me. We can at least confirm that the next game will be "Pokemon Z" *insert Dragon Ball Z joke here* or possibly ZX/ZY or something like that.

Also, Ash Greninja, what the heck is this supposed to be? Why not Mega Greninja? I may not be the biggest fan of Mega Evolutions, but I rather have that over this, after all, this is the generation that's all about Megas, so it would make more sense than doing what this is. Is this going to be like the Spiky Eared Pichu, or something like the Eternal Flower Floette? The thing that really makes me feel this is weird is the fact that it makes Greninja look like Ash's main Pokemon, when it's always been Pikachu.

On the upside, it at least it wasn't nothing but that Pokemon Go app, which I am not too thrilled out, but that's another topic.

I don't know why Zygarde needs five different formes with progressively stronger stats, especially if they are sharing the same type. The first three - Core, Cell, and 10% - will most likely have lower BSTs than Zygarde 50% and Perfect. So why use them?

Zygarde Perfect is all Zygarde needs to be competitively viable. The other three formes are a waste of game space.
we don't really know how the stats are going to be distributed. for all we know, Dog-garde has spread like 70+/100+/70+/70+/70+/90+. depending on its ability and its typing, it wouldn't be completely unviable with that spread.

Apparently, from what I read on a Tumblr post, Zygarde's new forms are likely based on Norse Mythological characters Hel, Jormungandr and Fenrir, just as Xerneas is the four stags and Yveltal is the Blind Eagle.

I still don't agree with that theory, as Zygarde as a character has little in common with any of those three characters. Even taking into account the form it takes, its perfect form just looks like a humanoid titan rather then a female god while its Cell form has no direct connections in Norse lore to fit into that trio.

Zygarde has four forms.

or even more - with "10%" and "50%" I have to wonder if there aren't any others we're unaware of currently. I can see them revealing more forms leading up to the game release.
(Yes, it'll be a ton of forms, but considering we all expected one or two and got so many already, who knows? I won't be surprised now if there's more on the way)

You can only call them forms if they're actual Pokémon. All of the ones you listed are actual Pokémon.

Until they're confirmed to be usable in a battle and stuff, we can't say they're forms for sure.

The core cell is described as the brain of every form, rather than its own Pokemon or a form.

http://serebii.net/corocoro10151.jpg
Left side has the title say something "Zygarde" and its "forms" (implying all listed creatures are actual forms)
Then near the pictures of each form, each of them is labeled as:
Zygarde - core
Zygarde - cell
Zygarde - 10% form
Zygarde - 50% form
and finally on the right page: Zygarde - perfect form
Labeling each and every one of them as "Zygarde" and adding a subtitle form name... I just really can't see how they could NOT count as Zygarde form. And I can't imagine why they'd bother to create unique designs that we will never be able to actually use...
Sure, it may not be good for competitive battling, but so what? They're not designing Pokémon or forms solely for competitive battling. It can serve other purposes, for one thing the Core one is kinda "cute" in a way that make it fit for use as a cute mascot-ish thing to advertise the game with, which they already started doing back with that movie teaser where we first saw it.
Not trying to argue or anything, just saying that it really seems very clear these are all Zygarde's forms that we will be able to use in-game...

The thing that really makes me feel this is weird is the fact that it makes Greninja look like Ash's main Pokemon, when it's always been Pikachu.

That's not accurate... while Pikachu is Ash's (and the franchise's) mascot and main Pokémon, Ash often have another "star" Pokémon in some regions, that gets to fully evolve and/or get a lot of focus.
AG series: Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile
DP series: Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape (and maybe Buizel to a lesser extent?)
XY series: Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja
(not sure what to say about OS/BW but maybe Charizard/Oshawott, although I feel like these series didn't really give him a "starring" Pokémon the same way AG/DP/XY did)

I gotta say I really like the new forms. I'll b interested in seeing how they come about. As for Greninja I don't kno y everyone is having such a hard time with it. Sure it done' look crazy different form normal Greninja, but how does that rule out mega evolution? Sure the scan says it looks like Ash, but from my perspective that could b meaningless and they could just b pointing out the similar color pallets. I'd b fine with it being it's mega form. I guess we'll just have to find out tho lol

Tbh, I'm leaning more with the idea that they're basing the Kalos starters' Mega Evolutions off of Clemont, Serena, and Ash.

Chesnaught's would look similar to Clemont.
Delphox's would look similar to Serena.
Greninja's looks similar to Ash.

The only other time they'd be relevant after this is probably in a decade, they should get their Mega Evolutions in Z.

I don't think they'd announce Mega Greninja in such an underwhelming way, nor would they give it Ash's colour scheme (and point it out). It seems more like a playful thing that's happening in the anime, as opposed to a major thing happening in the games.

I don't think they'd announce Mega Greninja in such an underwhelming way, nor would they give it Ash's colour scheme (and point it out). It seems more like a playful thing that's happening in the anime, as opposed to a major thing happening in the games.

Well, it's underwhelming to some, it isn't for everyone. Why would they announce this along with Zygarde's forms if it was going to be an anime only thing? The only time they've revealed Mega Evolutions in the anime first were Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Charizard X, and possibly this Greninja. Though Mega Evolution was unknown when Mewtwo's was revealed.

It's possible they designed Ash's outfit after "Mega Greninja"? I mean, they did design Alain after Mega Charizard X, except that was already revealed before him. They haven't really announced the game or these forms officially, and all we know about it is that it looks like Ash, so it's possible they're just calling it "Ash Greninja" as a cover up until they announce the game or reveal Delphox and Chesnaught's designs too.

I really doubt it's a mega simply cause the poster doesn't seem to feature Ash with a key stone + Greninja not only just looks like Ash but the magazine outright points this out, as in, the special thing about this Greninja isn't being a mega, it's its unexplained similarity to Ash. The best I can think of right now is that some bizarre event in the anime either during Frogadier's evolution or maybe after it already evolved, will cause Greninja to sort of "fuse" with Ash and inherit some physical attributes from Ash's body/clothes.
Assuming that's it, this could be either some anime-only thing (maybe at least partly for the sake of differentiating Ash's from Sanpei's as I expect the two to be "rivals" and probably battle each other at the league) or it could also be some game feature that will allow us to make our Pokémon (probably limited to the starters) look similar to us.
Of course it's all speculation and none of us can know for sure until they explain it...

Back
Top Bottom