• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

well....you are, i assume, an adult. AI improvements (which can only go so far before they become overbearing) aside, there's really no way to uniformly improve the difficulty of Pokemon. too many variables.
Off topic, but:
Higher leveled gym leaders
Having more than three Pokemon
More diverse movesets
.... and if it gets too hard, just have:
Challenge Mode from B2W2 being available from the beginning

Off topic, but:
Higher leveled gym leaders
Having more than three Pokemon
More diverse movesets
.... and if it gets too hard, just have:
Challenge Mode from B2W2 being available from the beginning
responded to in order:
1. doesn't change a thing. grinding is a thing. also super effective damage is gonna mess up most gym leaders almost regardless of how much higher (+/- 5 levels of the gym leader will wreck face unless you're running with a Shuckle).
2. quality over quantity. Wallace has five Pokemon in RS, two of them outright suck (see: Luvdisc, Sealeo). even with those five, he's a joke.
3. this would be beneficial, but the AI is also stupid and can be outplayed easily.
4. challenge mode was still easy because the AI is so dumb.

and again, there's too many variables. Lenora can be tricky, but she's a walk in the park if you give a Sawk or Throh (conveniently available right outside Nacrene) a Chesto Berry. so what do you balance around? how do you factor in items, both healing and offensive ones? keeping it short, there's no way to really balance it outside the AI without it being a sort of difficulty creep race to the bottom.

(not to mention the fact that Pokemon has always been fairly easy and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.)

Huh, good point. I guess they're saving the good stuff for around E3.
I hope we get "leaks" where we're not sure if they are fakes or not.
That's what happened originally in 2013 with Mega Mewtwo Y. EVEN SEREBII WASN'T SURE IF IT WAS REAL OR NOT. And it was so weird cuz it came out I think at the beginning of the month, instead of the time CoroCoro usually leaks. (Was it Coro Coro initially, or something else? That also made it more confusing)

That was fun when that happened, all the arguments over it. Mhmm good times....

Kinda sucks we didn't get any fakes this month. At least we'd have something to discuss until the real thing arrives.
But fake scans are kind of pointless since they are fake. The real ones are more important in my opinion. Judging by how long we are waiting, I think we are getting something small in this month's issue of corocoro.

You want fake leaks? I'll give you fake leaks.
CfzLavNWIAAbQAi.jpg:large

This is less for analysis and more for a laugh at just how terrible it is.

Edit: Also on twitter I clicked a link for a fake leak expecting to get rickrolled, and got jumpscared. Should have known better...

Last edited:
Looking at the past, coverage for XY was pretty slow for the first few issues of Corocoro's coverage.
-January was just a little bit Xerneas and Yveltal info, plus artwork.
-February was the reveal of Sylveon
-March had no X and Y info
-April had not much on X and Y as well, besides Mega Mewtwo Y.
-May FINALLY had a good amount of info, including the Kalos region, the trainers, and Pancham, Gogoat, Helioptile, and Fletchling.

If they follow this pattern...It could be a while before we get some major info drops, possibly July. For X and Y though, we had a full trailer with tons of stuff to speculate on, before the first Corocoro covering X and Y. As for now, we only know Sun and Moon exists. I am still gonna hold onto the hope that we at least get the Starters or the box Legendaries. Hopefully not more Magearna...All we know is that Sun and Moon coverage will begin and they said special features in March.

Last edited:

Edit: Also on twitter I clicked a link for a fake leak expecting to get rickrolled, and got jumpscared. Should have known better...

Lol, that is so bad! They literally traced the BW trainers and changed them slightly. You can tell they can't draw well because they avoid drawing the hands on the 'professor' by posing her in an in an unnatural way. the lion pokemon is sort of cute, but the other too are awful. Thanks for the laugh!

The thing is, there are very few patterns for this sort of thing. It's seldom worth it to base our expectations on what was done last time. Coro coro exclusives don't seem to have a predictable setup for how new generations are covered.

Looking at the past, coverage for XY was pretty slow for the first few issues of Corocoro's coverage.
-May FINALLY had a good amount of info, including the Kalos region, the trainers, and Pancham, Gogoat, Helioptile, and Fletchling.

If they follow this pattern...It could be a while before we get some major info drops, possibly July. For X and Y though, we had a full trailer with tons of stuff to speculate on, before the first Corocoro covering X and Y. As for now, we only know Sun and Moon exists. I am still gonna hold onto the hope that we at least get the Starters or the box Legendaries. Hopefully not more Magearna...All we know is that Sun and Moon coverage will begin and they said special features in March.

They already said there would be information this month, though I only expect the starters or box legendaries at most still. I'd rather not get more Magearna and ONLY Magearna, that would be cheap, but given what last month was like, I wouldn't be surprised if it was another major letdown. I mean, it's already guaranteed that it's going to be Steel/Fairy, so why bother wasting our time just saying it's that when at this point we can already guess it will be that typing.

The June issue (released in May) and the July issue (released in June) tend to have some of the larger info dumps. iirc the June issue for Black/White revealed a whole lot of the earlier Pokemon while the July issue revealed a lot of the mechanics like reusable TMs. I honestly expect this issue to be no more than the box legends and maybe the starter. Next month is when we'll get the huge dump.

The June issue (released in May) and the July issue (released in June) tend to have some of the larger info dumps. iirc the June issue for Black/White revealed a whole lot of the earlier Pokemon while the July issue revealed a lot of the mechanics like reusable TMs. I honestly expect this issue to be no more than the box legends and maybe the starter. Next month is when we'll get the huge dump.

You're right about this, considering that E3 is around this time. That's probably gonna be out best bet for some huge info dumps on Sun and Moon.

Yeah, I would guess next month is when the info dumping starts. They're going to need several months of coverage to show off new Pokemon, new moves and abilities, new characters, and new Megas, and that's not even getting into new mechanics. I would guess this would be worth about 5 or 6 months worth of coverage, which would put us right around the Holiday 2016 window.

Sigh, they're not even trying to make good fakes anymore. I miss the days when fake scans at least looked sorta decent.

While horrible, I can't help but really like that fake goat Pokemon with the fish tail. It could have evolved into a capricorn. That's probably the best idea there.

Back
Top Bottom