• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

^What're the Secret Service doing on the right page?

Taking said flash-ruined photos of the boxes.

Can you see it now? I circled the shadowy parts. The part under the title itself seems like a foot of the Pokemon whereas the circle above the title surrounds some sort of a curved line (tail?)

I see the marks, but I don't see a lion/tiger on the Sun one or a humanoid one on the Moon one like people are saying they can see.

I'm reaching ( Because I have nothing else to do at this point) but maybe the S\M mascots are both based on those two wolves from Norse mythology
skoll-y-hati.jpg

This is very interesting, because during the 10th & 11th century, the normans believed that two twin wolves would find and devour the Sun & Moon respectively after "chasing them down." Maybe the new two evil teams (yes two :p) take control of each wolf/mascot and want to destroy the opposite planet, this is also awesome because solar & lunar eclipses are both possible and in Japan, they used to believe lunar eclipses triggered violent earthquakes, which has actually happened both times there was a lunar eclipse (I think once in the 60s and then again in 2010, C. Zygarde integration anyone?).

^ Would be a great way to add in Zygarde's new forms to the new games. Many scientists believe that when the sun and moon are in perfect alignment on either side of the Earth, that it actually affects the way the Earth's plates interact with each other.... Zygarde, eco system?

I see the marks, but I don't see a lion/tiger on the Sun one or a humanoid one on the Moon one like people are saying they can see.
Well I see a foot and a tail and to me it suggests some sort of beast. It's not necessarily a lion or a tiger, but something along those lines.

Though I don't see anything on the Moon cover, no shadowy lines or anything.

Dual wolf legendaries on the boxes sounds really boring to me. I'd like something like Xerneas and Yveltal where the two are completely different. Whatever mascots we get I know I'm going to end up comparing them to Xerneas and Yveltal in the end, just because I think their designs were on point and they were a very much needed break from Dragons. I'm not wanting to force the SM legendaries to have to reach an impossibly high standard or I'll dislike them, but I don't want to go back to the monstrosities that were the Gen IV/V legendary mascots. (Reshiram was ok I guess.)

I'm not wanting to force the SM legendaries to have to reach an impossibly high standard or I'll dislike them, but I don't want to go back to the monstrosities that were the Gen IV/V legendary mascots. (Reshiram was ok I guess.)

I myself really like Reshiram and Zekrom, but I agree. Xerneas and Yveltal are the goal to shoot for. They both pull from very traditionally "legendary" creatures, but between themselves they are very unique and diverse, and the design basis for either one fits their respective themes perfectly. And yeah... no more dragons, please. I liked the ones in Gen V, but we have more than enough by now.

I share the sentiment that I'd prefer not to see more dragon type legendary Pokemon. I'm not against the idea, but at this point to have more dragon mascots is a little stifling.

Even without the main Gen IV & V trios, we have several others around, and the advent of mega evolution has only added to the accessability of the type.

On the Sun box, I see something that vaguely resembles a muzzle with the bottom jaw in a darker tone, and what appears to be a black nose. It could be a feline or canine for all we know.

Dual wolf legendaries on the boxes sounds really boring to me. I'd like something like Xerneas and Yveltal where the two are completely different. Whatever mascots we get I know I'm going to end up comparing them to Xerneas and Yveltal in the end, just because I think their designs were on point and they were a very much needed break from Dragons. I'm not wanting to force the SM legendaries to have to reach an impossibly high standard or I'll dislike them, but I don't want to go back to the monstrosities that were the Gen IV/V legendary mascots. (Reshiram was ok I guess.)

You're forgetting that wolves are awesome. MOAR WOLVES is a must.

index.php

Am I the only one who sees a bird in this? The thing on the left is its beak.

One wolf is fine, two is icky. :p

Not if you have to make up for years and years of no proper wolves (Houndoom is the closest thing, and even then it's not a great fit)

I hope they deliberately didn't say 'next issue' rather than just simply forgetting it or not using it.

In any case, we're getting, at the very least, the legendary mascots. So that's something.

I know I've said this before and it's going to seem repetitive, but the mascots haven't been revealed in Corocoro first (at least not the last two generations). So that combined with this still leads to the conclusion that they will reveal them before the next issue. Maybe the official site is going to be put up soon and that's when they will reveal them? If the magazine specifies May, it will have to be early May before Corocoro has a chance to snipe them.

As much as I love CoroCoro, I want to see a glorious gameplay trailer of SM already, like we got for XY. If they sprang a Pokemon Direct on us early May and showed us a trailer, followed by a handful of Pokemon getting coverage in CoroCoro next issue, that'd be awesome.

As much as I love CoroCoro, I want to see a glorious gameplay trailer of SM already, like we got for XY. If they sprang a Pokemon Direct on us early May and showed us a trailer, followed by a handful of Pokemon getting coverage in CoroCoro next issue, that'd be awesome.
I think that the soonest we'll see a trailer will be at E3. Also, since they're being so secretive I highly doubt that we'll be getting much in May.

Back
Top Bottom