• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Doubt it. The best that we would get is the mascots.

Idk. If they update the website, we may get in-game screenshots as well as some mascot art.

Not if you have to make up for years and years of no proper wolves (Houndoom is the closest thing, and even then it's not a great fit)

Houndoom isn't really wolf-like, though. I think something like Manectric may fit a bit more, but that's still a bit of a stretch.

Even if they aren't necessarily legendaries, it'd be nice to see some kind of wolf Pokemon.

I think that the soonest we'll see a trailer will be at E3. Also, since they're being so secretive I highly doubt that we'll be getting much in May.

May: Mascots only
June at E3: a proper trailer, reveals starters, protag designs, region information, maybe another new Pokemon or two glimpsed in quick battle scenes (think Noivern/Vivillon at E3), a new mechanic/feature or two (like Amie, Fairy and the other stuff at XY's E3) etc.

I would actually be perfectly ok if this is how things went. E3 is hype enough, but getting a giant info dump for Pokemon would be the super icing on the cake and be very worth the wait. Others may want more next month, but I think the mascots would be enough to hold me over until E3. I'm more of a fan of being made to wait periods with nothing and then getting information in a larger quantity, rather than having a continuous stream of news constantly.

I wouldn't mind an E3 trailer, but in the same light, part of me really wants E3 to be more dedicated to the NX than anything else. The last few E3s have been pretty awful for Nintendo, and I feel like only the NX reveal is going to redeem them.

Houndoom isn't really wolf-like, though. I think something like Manectric may fit a bit more, but that's still a bit of a stretch.

Even if they aren't necessarily legendaries, it'd be nice to see some kind of wolf Pokemon.

I wouldn't say it's too much of a stretch if we are to assume it's based on a Raiju, which does have a wolf form that it's at least somewhat similar to.

Having said that, I do agree with getting another wolf Pokémon since even with that in mind, there's a lot more that you can do with one that Manectric can't show off on its own.

I know I've said this before and it's going to seem repetitive, but the mascots haven't been revealed in Corocoro first (at least not the last two generations). So that combined with this still leads to the conclusion that they will reveal them before the next issue. Maybe the official site is going to be put up soon and that's when they will reveal them? If the magazine specifies May, it will have to be early May before Corocoro has a chance to snipe them.

I honestly agree, going back to BW, Zekrom and Reshiram were revealed on the main site (and the international one no less) before Corocoro even got the chance to talk about them. So I could see them do the same where they announce their mascots later this month/early next month and give us spare details that are covered again in Corocoro.

Plus, XY and ORAS revealed quite a bit of information away from Corocoro due to the increased shared advertising for international audiences, and I could see that continued with the mascots (which are the biggest sellers of the games).

Last edited:
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they revealed the legendaries on the back of a cereal box or something.
Wait a minute..
280_923_ucp.jpg

Ok, the clearer double page scan of CoroCoro also said that at the same time of the next CoroCoro release date, something will also happen on their channel. I didn't know that they have a channel?!

Or maybe in May we'll get a gameplay trailer like we did for XY when it was announced. Who knows?
I really hope we don't. I am actually enjoying this secrecy so far.

Also, every generation has been revealed in its own way. So just because a previous generation did it like that doesn't mean the latest generation will do the same.

Whether it be in early may, before corocoro, or June, I definitely think the first time we see the game is going to be via an X/Y style trailer. I can see a situation where the drop them trailer a week or two before corocoro comes out, then just have corocoro give us the names of the legendaries, kinda like what happened in gen 6 with xerneas and yveltal.

Last edited:
We got one for Oras as well, didn't we? Those trailers released sometime after their initial announcements, did they not?

If I were to guess, we'll get one of those about 3 months prior to the release of the game itself.

I just hope GameFreak isn't so niggardly with its information for much longer. I'm getting restless over here.

I suppose Magearna's ability and possible signature move would be revealed at some point.

I found out through other Pokémon forums that the reason for the blurry cover art for Sun and Moon was that for their "report" CoroCoro's editors decided to do a Mission Impossible-style infiltration of the Game Freak offices, hastily snagging pictures of the game covers before getting out of there as quickly as possible... The only problem was that the flash from the camera ruined the pictures, showing the blur that we got when CoroCoro leaked.

Pi9RdEN.jpg

As annoying as the tease was, I have to admit, that is kinda awesome.

Ah, using flash photography on a shiny game cover. Rookie mistake.

Give me 5 minutes in Gamefreak's HQ with a smartphone. I won't mess up the photos ;)

I found out through other Pokémon forums that the reason for the blurry cover art for Sun and Moon was that for their "report" CoroCoro's editors decided to do a Mission Impossible-style infiltration of the Game Freak offices, hastily snagging pictures of the game covers before getting out of there as quickly as possible... The only problem was that the flash from the camera ruined the pictures, showing the blur that we got when CoroCoro leaked.

View attachment 100020
Wow. Either this is a joke, or CoroCoro need to learn to turn off the flash option before taking any sort of photo. Also, if this is real (the whole hurrying and trying not to get caught), then wouldn't they be considered trespassers? Also, would this being the real reason mean that Game Freak is trying to put up an embargo of info on Sun and Moon because they have an all-or-nothing mentality when it comes to advertising information on their games?

Either way, this is hilarious! Still probably shows that GF doesn't want to bother with marketing in fear of spoiling most/all of the games, which is kind of sad.

Back
Top Bottom