• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

You know what would be AMAZING?

Pokemon Directs....every month. They don't have to be long, or substantial, but every month we get a video talking about something about the upcoming games. New feature, returning features, new Pokemon, even some mild story/character coverage.

Hell yes.

Like you say; it wouldn't even have to be anything big - just anything at all would keep us all tuning in. It would be an amazing way of simultaneously keeping fans hyped right up to release day, and controlling the info at a steady dribble. In fact it's such a great idea that would benefit the company and please the fanbase that it makes me pretty damn sure they'd never do it. Lolsob ;__;

Pokemon directs would be really short. Pokemon, let's be fair, does not have the mechanical complexity of Smash.

Besides, if it's like Gen 6 we'll get a new video or two every month showcasing coro coro reveals so we functionally already have a form of Pokemon Direct

Less than 3 weeks until the next corocoro....And HOPEFULLY they actually give us some real news, but they way things are going so far, they'll probably just show the boxes uncovered, but we'll only see silhouettes of the box cover legendaries. Hopefully since its May, we'll get a good corocoro.

Did anyone who speaks Japanese properly conclude whether CoroCoro meant a big scoop in the next magazine in May, or just a big scoop will happen in May in general (meaning it could come via Direct/trailer etc)? I seem to recall Serebii mentioning something about how CoroCoro usually specifies next issue, which made this wording ambiguous? However nobody else mentioned it (including Pokejungle who has Japanese contacts) so I wasn't sure if it was just Serebii reading too much into it or not.

Personally I'm ready for a trailer, so I don't want CoroCoro to have *all* the goodies this month ;)

Yeah, I'm hoping for a Pokemon Direct or something from Pokemon.com before CoroCoro comes out. At least we wouldn't have to wait as long for potential news and CoroCoro can still cover some stuff not show in a Pokemon Direct like artwork for some new new Pokemon or the new playable characters. There might be a decent chance for that given the trademarks for the Legendary Pokemon. Plus, seeing some actual gameplay footage at this point would be really good. Something along the lines of what X/Y's initial trailer was would be fantastic.

So. . given that nintendo is basically centering their e3 around zelda this year (confirmed to be the focus, only playable game they're bringing, etc) I feel like the S/M e3 blowout people (including me) were expecting wont happen.

I'm leaning towards thinking May will reveal the legends/starters/trainers/potential gameplay. It'd line up with previous generations, and corocoro did say we'd be getting a "big scoop". I initially was expecting only legendaries in a few weeks, but now I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
I think the "big scoop" is just the reveal of mascots. The reveal is slightly big but not as huge as corocoro would make it out. A big scoop should have a lot of information but I doubt it when it comes to corocoro. However, time would tell.

I see no reason to rule out E3 just yet tbh. LoZ might be central to them and the only game playable but that doesn't mean SM won't have a focus in their presentation. XY weren't playable at E3 in 2013 but they still had a good showing in the Direct and then the roundtable later that day which gave us a lot of information. And Masuda has said he will be at E3, so it looks likely SM are getting something there.

And frankly Nintendo don't really have much else to show to hype their fans considering their situation with the NX and Wii U. So I'd honestly be surprised if they don't use Pokemon SM to their advantage even if LoZ is the main attraction. The entire event for them can't possibly focus solely on LoZ and ignore anything else they have - especially when a main series Pokemon game is such a big title and cash machine for them.

Considering that Nintendo doesn't have a lot games from their big titles for the rest of this year besides Sun/Moon, I'm pretty sure we'll get something on the games during E3. They might want to focus more on the new Legend of Zelda game due to it being delayed and maybe to expand on NX features it will have, but I doubt that Sun/Moon will be in the dark. They need something else to hype up during E3 and that's where Sun/Moon come in. Given the vague release dates for the games and how they don't have a lot of major titles coming out this year, this might explain more as to why we haven't gotten anything since their initial reveal.

I just hope that we don't have to wait until E3 to get some actual news. I'm hoping that whether we get a Pokemon Direct or we do have to wait up until CoroCoro, we get a ton of news. I'd be content with just the starters, but more would be great too.

I see no reason to rule out E3 just yet tbh. LoZ might be central to them and the only game playable but that doesn't mean SM won't have a focus in their presentation. XY weren't playable at E3 in 2013 but they still had a good showing in the Direct and then the roundtable later that day which gave us a lot of information. And Masuda has said he will be at E3, so it looks likely SM are getting something there.

And frankly Nintendo don't really have much else to show to hype their fans considering their situation with the NX and Wii U. So I'd honestly be surprised if they don't use Pokemon SM to their advantage even if LoZ is the main attraction. The entire event for them can't possibly focus solely on LoZ and ignore anything else they have - especially when a main series Pokemon game is such a big title and cash machine for them.
As frustrated as I am over Nintendo's lack of exposure at E3, some people at other sites have pointed out that maybe this is actually a good idea. E3 is losing a lot of relevancy over the years due to it only being open to the press. That worked well back in the day when a lot of game information came in the form of magazines and during the early days of the internet, but nowadays this sort of info is readily available everywhere that E3 really isn't all that big anymore. The other trade shows are generally better because they're more open and available. This isn't just Nintendo pulling out (to an extent) from E3 either. Maybe this is why LoZ is the only thing they're going to show there, because every other game in the Wii U's current line-up (Color Splash and Mirages) are already fairly well known.

Still disappointing either way and confusing. I still say NX needed a showing there.

And Masuda has said he will be at E3, so it looks likely SM are getting something there.

I'd say this is a big indicator that Sun/Moon will have a presence at E3, potentially a very strong one. The likes of Masuda don't just attend events like E3 for funsies.

ps the zelda banner is beautiful ;_;

If I remember correctly, GameXplain said that Zelda will be the only Wii U game playable at E3. SM could very well get the 3DS spotlight. No game releasing for the 3DS this year even comes close to SM's presence.

I may be wrong, but I always took E3 as being more heavily focused on games for the larger platforms like Playstation, Xbox and Wii. Handheld-only games just don't get the same amount of attention there, was my impression.

I may be wrong, but I always took E3 as being more heavily focused on games for the larger platforms like Playstation, Xbox and Wii. Handheld-only games just don't get the same amount of attention there, was my impression.
That probably has something to do with Nintendo being really the only big name in handhald gaming. Sony has long since accepted that the vita cannot compete. When 50% of about 25% of the convention is connected to handhelds it certainly can feel like they're not meant to be there.

As likely as it may be that SM will be at E3, practically everyone (including myself) were positive that the NX would be there too. Unless we get confirmation ahead of time about SM's presence (unlikely), I'm expecting very little. It's clear that the Big N doesn't view E3 to be relevant anymore.
As for CoroCoro, only time will tell. Best guess is Mascots at the most, probably just silhouettes, even.

Unless we get confirmation ahead of time about SM's presence (unlikely), I'm expecting very little.

Well they announced XY's presence at E3 around two weeks before it (it was about the end of May iirc), so the same could happen. And again, Masuda did tell a fan he was going to be at E3.

I just don't see them doing a Direct at E3 and only showing LoZ information. They know how many people still pay attention to E3, it would be really bizarre for them to ignore one of their biggest franchises and (now LoZ is delayed to 2017) their biggest game this year. When the "Niji" information leaked I'm pretty certain that it was miles ahead of any other game on the list for its marketing budget too iirc - so ignoring it at a big event at E3, when they are most likely going to have a Direct anyway, regardless of whether they view E3 as dying, just seems a bit silly to me. They'll do whatever they want to of course but I don't see it as a likely scenario right now.

The Wii U is essentially dying as they shift everything to NX. They aren't going to reveal NX games or software (confirmed). And the LoZ game is delayed to 2017. They have to make a big deal about Pokemon now, since it's really the biggest game for them this year now. But that's just how I see it. Maybe they will think Pokemon will carry itself and won't bother with it.

Back
Top Bottom