• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Rockruff's evolution is not a split evolution. It merely has different forms depending on when you evolve it. Midday form if evolved at daytime and Midnight form evolves at night. New Ultra Beasts is nice. I prefer the sun version of UB-02 a bit more than the moon version. I think Type:Null would be stronger than we think but it won't be Arceus strong though.

Last edited:
I just saw the leaks. So it is confirmed the split evolution for Rockruff, depending on the day/night cycle. This means that the leaks about the split final evolutions of the starters are true as well! Taking in consideration that CoroCoro has already mentioned that starters and Rockruff share the same secret!!!

I just saw the leaks. So it is confirmed the split evolution for Rockruff, depending on the day/night cycle. This means that the leaks about the split final evolutions of the starters are true as well! Taking in consideration that CoroCoro has already mentioned that starters and Rockruff share the same secret!!!
It is not a split evolution. It's evolution has different forms depending on day and night.

If I remember correctly, it stated that the starters and Rockruff all have a secret, not share one.

Taking in consideration that CoroCoro has already mentioned that starters and Rockruff share the same secret!!!

It didn't say that they share the same secret. It said, "Rockruff's small body hides a secret!! In fact, your Starter hides a secret as well," and didn't specify if it was the same secret.

Nightruff's posture and its elongated arms with large hands reminds me of Diaboromon.

I feel kind of ridiculous for all of the Digimon comparisons I've been making lately, given the annoying tendency of people to claim that Pokémon "copies" Digimon, but I swear it's not me trying to say that they're plagiarizing or our of ideas or anything like that. Obviously some of these are just coincidence (like the above), and others are just them drawing from similar base concepts, which is just sort of inevitable when you have two 20-year-old monster-collecting franchises. And even if they were pulling some ideas from Digimon, I wouldn't really have a problem with that - taking inspiration from things is a natural part of creating art, and Digimon's pretty cool. :D

Nightruff's posture and its elongated arms with large hands reminds me of Diaboromon.

I feel kind of ridiculous for all of the Digimon comparisons I've been making lately, given the annoying tendency of people to claim that Pokémon "copies" Digimon, but I swear it's not me trying to say that they're plagiarizing or our of ideas or anything like that. Obviously some of these are just coincidence (like the above), and others are just them drawing from similar base concepts, which is just sort of inevitable when you have two 20-year-old monster-collecting franchises. And even if they were pulling some ideas from Digimon, I wouldn't really have a problem with that - taking inspiration from things is a natural part of creating art, and Digimon's pretty cool. :D

I think what would be a pretty popular twist for both franchises is if they both traded some creature designs to base new Pokemon/Digimon off of- like a Pikachu Digimon or a Gabumon Pokemon. Not exact copies, of course, just taking the design and putting their franchise's spin on it. Fans of both series would go nuts and it could go down as possibly one of the greatest crossovers ever. XD Buuut Pokemon is so strong on its own, the likelihood of that ever happening is pretty nil. Still, it would be great to see.

Honestly, I don't know why they would bother mentioning Rockruff in the same sentence as the starters if they didn't share the same secret. Yeah, it's technically not stating it outright, and it's true that it could be different. But the wording heavily implies that they have the same secret. Most people would assume by including them in the same sentence as each other that they share it. Honestly, I think it's safe to say that the starters will probably also have day/night versions of their evolutions. Particularly since it fits in with Sun and Moon's theme anyway. Of course, it is still possible that it might not be. But I'm about 90% sure myself.

Anyways, I love the new Rockruff evolutions. I honestly can't decide which one I like the most, so I'll probably pick the one my husband doesn't want. (Although bonus points to the night one for being red and bipedal) And these new Ultra Beasts and their resemblance to more humans is fascinating me even more... I wonder what the Pokemon website will have to say about all of these developments. While UB-01 had a design that looked like it might've been a Pokemon, I feel the two UB-02 have such a vastly different design sense from existing Pokemon. I can't see either Beauty or Expansion being a Pokemon, to be honest. Beauty looks far too sleek and humanoid, like an alien. And Expansion is basically a faceless powerful robot. I like that they've changed it up to really give them a sense of otherwordliness and mystery.

It's ambiguous as to whether or not Rockruff's evolved forms change freely or are stuck based on evolution time. Serebii suggests that if you evolve Rockruff during day/night, you will permanently get the day/night form, respectively. However, other sites claim that Rockruff's evolution's forms will change freely from night to day like you'd expect a werewolf to do. Which is true, I do not know. Nor do I know which I would prefer haha.

Rockruff's evolutions are pretty nice. I don't know which one to pick. The only downside is that the Midnight one brings up too much Zoroark imagery.

Was anyone able to confirm its ability/abilities? As well as typing?

I just cant not see it as the werehog from Sonic Unleashed or some other edgy sonic form or character Sega probably wants to forget.

Rockruff's werewolf evolution isn't quite was I was hoping but I'll probably still use one.

If UB-2 Beauty puts the Attract status on your whole party during battle I'll lose any restraint in not cheesing the AI with the nastiest plans I can come up with.

I wonder if Beauty!UB-02's charm ability has limitations. What about Pokemon with Oblivious? Would the Destiny Knot work on it?

Rockruff has only one evolution (so far). Those are day/night forms of the evolution but they are not a separate pokemon.

Unlike most people, I wasn't really a big fan of Rockruff before. Like, I thought it was a good design, but it didn't make me too excited. I'm really digging the day evo though, so he's going into my team now.

Back
Top Bottom