• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

This will still be very annoying for the fan's that breed competitive pokémon tho :l (like me)
I hope they just meant the Sun and Moon as in the day and night and not the games? We'll probably know for sure on the 14th.

Nope, the text literally says 'limited to Sun' and they use the characters they use to refer to the 'version' Sun, not just the sun.

Hey hey hey, if they are version exclusives just trade them for the ones you want eh? That's not too hard. I'll be going for Sun, so like me I'm pretty sure many people wouldn't mind trading their starters? If I want it back I'll just start a new game. My point being, why so much distress over this issue before the game has even released. "I don't want LuchaLitten, I don't want this I don't want that in my version" Chill people, your wishes will come true through gameplay or through trade. Let us all enjoy the reveals for now while they are still fresh, what ya say?

and @canisaries After seeing this angle of Rockruff's night forme, I must say that satisfies my taste of a scary evo. I take my words back, sorry about earlier :p:D
i42344.jpg

This looks soooo radical!!!! Man, I'm in love :LOL::cool: That pose! That attack! Rawwr!!
i42344.jpg

Hey hey hey, if they are version exclusives just trade them for the ones you want eh? That's not too hard.
Some people prefer raising their own pokemon, not getting a fully evolved pokemon from someone else because the pre-evo won't evolve into that pokemon in their version of the game. Even the idea of blocking pokemon from some players like that just seems totally asinine to me. So much so, in fact, that when my girlfriend suggested that Gamefreak might do this when I showed her pictures of the evolutions this afternoon, I said "Surely they're not money grubbing." Day vs. Night evolution is one thing. But separating evolution lines/forms by version is just straight up bull. It's on-disc dlc levels of bollocks.

That image made me like Moon version's evo even LESS. >-> Here's hoping my girlfriend can even play the game long enough to get a full evolved sun version evo to trade. (She has Muscular Dystrophy... handheld gaming isn't exactly easy for her to pull off) since she loves this one so much more than the Sun version.

Then again, I'm playing Fable III again so that and its balverine werewolf enemies might be fueling my hate for everything that is werewolf.

Some people prefer raising their own pokemon, not getting a fully evolved pokemon from someone else because the pre-evo won't evolve into that pokemon in their version of the game. Even the idea of blocking pokemon from some players like that just seems totally asinine to me. So much so, in fact, that when my girlfriend suggested that Gamefreak might do this when I showed her pictures of the evolutions this afternoon, I said "Surely they're not money grubbing." Day vs. Night evolution is one thing. But separating evolution lines/forms by version is just straight up bull. It's on-disc dlc levels of bollocks.

Version separation is something we've had since... Red/Green, 20 years ago.

Want to raise your own to be the same one? Just trade it to a friend with a different version, then have them evolve it for you, then trade it back. It would be the same Pokemon. You could find somebody online too, I'm sure with many fans around you're bound to find somebody. Don't you have any friends on Bulbagarden who are getting the opposite version? The point of version exclusives is to trade Pokemon around to increase interactivity with other games and people. I remember in the first gen games trading version exclusives with a friend to collect more of them. I can't believe that this is an issue to you now. Granted I've collected all the Pokemon by trading and transfering in both my X and AS so the Lugaguren formes would just be a cinch to me, but it is really simple and a complete non-issue if somebody really wants the opposing form that badly. Even if somebody has zero friends and it's that important for them to have the other forme, there's always the GTS or just, again, finding somebody online.

Last edited:
Hey, I never said I'd be the one with the problem. I know three people who are getting sun and I'm the only one getting moon. I'm angry at the concept itself.

And I'm aware of the version separation. I've been playing since Blue version first came out. But there's a difference between Vulpix and Growlithe being version exclusives. You can get a vulpix/ninetales via trade and breed your own if you want your own raised from scratch. But if this evolution is version exclusive like they say, you have to go through a pain in the butt process like you said. ...That's kind of the same reason I hate trade evolutions too, actually.

(Plus I have severe social anxiety to the point where it cripples my ability to do a lot of things irl. I even get anxious asking my one online friend to trade pokemon with me.. so I've never really been able to take advantage of most trading. That's why wondertrade is such an amazing thing to me. Don't have to interact and plan, just shove the 'mon in and go.)

I apologize if I sound overzealous or anything. It's 6 AM where I live, and I have insomnia issues and tend to stay up really late and my tylenol PM is finally taking hold so my emotions run a little out of control.

I think I will wait for more information that the evos are indeed version specific. Japanese can be very vague and subtle. Perhaps a trailer might make things clearer. I just cannot imagine that a time specific evolution is version specific, if there are day and night in both games, just 12 hours apart. For me this means it might be possible to get both in one version, but depending on when exactly you're playing the game one is easier to get than the other. One example: You mainly play sun during daytime. That means you will in all likelihood get the midday version rather easily. However, if you also play during nighttime, you can get the midnight version too. You just have to be patient. For me that would make much more sense than version specific evolutions. And that is why I will wait for more information about this.

:p Thanks to my insomnia and Moon version, if I wanna play at night I'm gonna have to switch my 3DS clock 12 hours. The same goes for my girlfriend if she wants to play Daytime in Sun version.

...that's ironic considering the versions we're getting. Is that the right use of ironic?

So hold up, @PinkIceFox - At this point, are you two still going to stick to your choices after looking at these exclusives? Are the mascots still taking priority? Weighing your options, I think it'd be easier to swap versions!

On the note of version exclusivity... There's text visibly showing that they're exclusive on both pages for their respective versions, right?

Hey, I never said I'd be the one with the problem. I know three people who are getting sun and I'm the only one getting moon. I'm angry at the concept itself.

And I'm aware of the version separation. I've been playing since Blue version first came out. But there's a difference between Vulpix and Growlithe being version exclusives. You can get a vulpix/ninetales via trade and breed your own if you want your own raised from scratch. But if this evolution is version exclusive like they say, you have to go through a pain in the butt process like you said. ...That's kind of the same reason I hate trade evolutions too, actually.

Ahh, fair. Vulpix/Growlithe weren't breedable Gen I, and I'd argue that it's more of a pain having to breed it and then wait for it to hatch and level it up from scratch, but alright. It's not a pain in the butt process for me, at least. It's only at that level if you specifically want your Rockruff to be the same one, and GameFreak probably wants to increase interactivity with people.

(Plus I have severe social anxiety to the point where it cripples my ability to do a lot of things irl. I even get anxious asking my one online friend to trade pokemon with me.. so I've never really been able to take advantage of most trading. That's why wondertrade is such an amazing thing to me. Don't have to interact and plan, just shove the 'mon in and go.)

Fair... there's always the GTS though for others.

apologize if I sound overzealous or anything. It's 6 AM where I live, and I have insomnia issues and tend to stay up really late and my tylenol PM is finally taking hold so my emotions run a little out of control.

Ahh, it's okay. Maybe it's just the initial shock of the news, but really, I don't think this decision itself is money grubbing, and honestly even if it were, I'd say there are worse examples with how GameFreak have handled version exclusives to the point that this one is pretty null in comparison, at least in my opinion. I hope you sleep well soon then!

On the note of version exclusivity... There's text visibly showing that they're exclusive on both pages for their respective versions, right?

If that's true, they might indeed be version specific. Damn. But perhaps there is a chance to get the other form during post game when the sun or moonlight might not be as strong anymore? Or you can get the other evo during the right "time" in its evolved form? Well, I will just have to wait and see I guess...

So does that mean in Pokemon Moon, Rockruff will evolve into it's midnight form even if you evolve it during the day? (in-game)

Something about that just doesn't sit right with me. I mean he's supposed to be a werewolf, you don't turn into a werewolf with the sun shining down on you.

I can't help but wonder if the wording they used was just a lazy way of saying that you're just more likely to obtain one over the other depending on the version because of the difference in how time works.

So does that mean in Pokemon Moon, Rockruff will evolve into it's midnight form even if you evolve it during the day? (in-game)

Something about that just doesn't sit right with me. I mean he's supposed to be a werewolf, you don't turn into a werewolf with the sun shining down on you.
I think my brain just fried a little digesting that concept...lol

I hope they are just day night evos and not version exclusives. Reduces the confusion.

I'm really hoping they clarify on wednesday. I want to know before I jump and preorder both games (rather than asking for one for christmas).

It's just that it looks like they're version exclusives because of this part of the image, due to the sun logo and moon logo.

BFOJF6r.png

But what does it actually say? I don't know japanese.
serebii doesnt say it says they are exclusive anywhere, and they usually translate i thought.

I really hope they are not version exclusive because what if that means evolution forms of the starters are the same way? that's terrible... and I have 30days to decide which game i want to pre-order if I want to use amazon prime... otherwise i will just have to get it somewhere else. i may just have to settle on waiting longer. hopefully it won't tamper with getting the game on time or not..

the logos on these pics may be just one way to talk about night/day. that is one thing I really dont like about the reveals they have been doing lately, they aren't being detailed about it being a night/day think or a version thing. I mean look at the totem pokemon, they are version exclusive though they are a night and a day pokemon.

may have to wait until tomorrow to learn more about Rockruff, and hopefully the starters.

I can't help but wonder if the wording they used was just a lazy way of saying that you're just more likely to obtain one over the other depending on the version because of the difference in how time works.

I mean, I don't think it means you can evolve it during the day though. It would more likely mean it just wouldn't evolve during the day IMO.

I also feel like making them version exclusives rather than time exclusives kinda ruins the whole concept of the Pokemon. (or at the very least it neuters the Pokemons potential)

If it is supposed to be based off the Werewolf myth. Then it makes sense for the Pokemon to be a regular wolf during the day and become a werewolf at night. By making the evolutions version exclusive it gets in the way of this idea. So you have a world in which Rockruff just turns into a werewolf and a world where he becomes a regular wolf....you lose out on that "Human"/Wolfman dynamic.

I still feel like there's a break down in communication somewhere.

I'm generally pretty easy going when it comes to things Gamefreak does, but something like this would irk me. As someone else has stated, if I'm going to use a Pokemon I prefer to raise it myself....I don't want a Pokemon from somebody else. (unless it's to breed it, fill my pokedex or it's a legendary)

Last edited:
I agree, hopefully they won't be exclusive and it's some sort of mistranslation. Maybe that will be clarified in tomorrow's trailer.

While I would be satisfied having Midday form as I like both designs, I would /prefer/ Midnight form ;-;.

I mentioned it elsewhere....but is it possible that the Sun and Moon logos are misleading in the sense that they're just showing off the Pokemon you'll be more likely to get if you play during the day like most people?

I mean for people who don't play into the night (which is probably a majority, especially considering many of the players will be kids) then these evolutions may as well be version exclusives.

I just can't really understand how Rockruff is going to evolve into a werewolf in the middle of the day just because it's in Pokemon Moon.

I'd also agree that Serebii not mentioning it as a version exclusive is pretty telling. Sure they're not an official source, but they have a reputation for being accurate. (or at least more accurate than some of the websites supposedly claiming version exclusivity)

Back
Top Bottom