• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

All the images so far (from Serebii):

Day/Night evo for Rockruff confirmed?? That day evo though <3

And yes totally agree that UB-02 Beauty is definitely Lusamine. Also interesting: there's a UB-2 Beauty and a UB-2 Expansion? Forms for UB-2?

Holy hell.

Well I know what wolf I'm getting! (the were one)

This thing is so great! I love it!! A new favorite for sure. And I finally have the sixth member of my team for the games!

I have two thoughts:

1. Since UB-01's name is a mystery, does this mean that the Ultra Beasts weren't created by the Aether Foundation? Because they would have clearly name it and then it wouldn't be a mystery.

2. If the starters have day/night forms, does this mean that this rules out Z-forms?

The foundation would have no good reason to tell people it's name though. Why would they implicate themselves and reveal that they created these monsters that are considered so dangerous to the public?

Honestly, I don't know why they would bother mentioning Rockruff in the same sentence as the starters if they didn't share the same secret. Yeah, it's technically not stating it outright, and it's true that it could be different. But the wording heavily implies that they have the same secret. Most people would assume by including them in the same sentence as each other that they share it. Honestly, I think it's safe to say that the starters will probably also have day/night versions of their evolutions. Particularly since it fits in with Sun and Moon's theme anyway. Of course, it is still possible that it might not be. But I'm about 90% sure myself.

Anyways, I love the new Rockruff evolutions. I honestly can't decide which one I like the most, so I'll probably pick the one my husband doesn't want. (Although bonus points to the night one for being red and bipedal) And these new Ultra Beasts and their resemblance to more humans is fascinating me even more... I wonder what the Pokemon website will have to say about all of these developments. While UB-01 had a design that looked like it might've been a Pokemon, I feel the two UB-02 have such a vastly different design sense from existing Pokemon. I can't see either Beauty or Expansion being a Pokemon, to be honest. Beauty looks far too sleek and humanoid, like an alien. And Expansion is basically a faceless powerful robot. I like that they've changed it up to really give them a sense of otherwordliness and mystery.

I can see both of those being Pokemon. Especially lusa-I mean Beauty (that was an actual slip up wow). We already did "feminine humanoid bug" (twice now actually). It just looks like a more regal Leavanny to me. And we already have a faceless powerful robot in Golurk.

I just cant not see it as the werehog from Sonic Unleashed or some other edgy sonic form or character Sega probably wants to forget.

Same. I've been thinking it looks like an edgy Sonic character for a while lol. Still love it though!

I can see both of those being Pokemon. Especially lusa-I mean Beauty (that was an actual slip up wow). We already did "feminine humanoid bug" (twice now actually). It just looks like a more regal Leavanny to me. And we already have a faceless powerful robot in Golurk.
Well, yes, the concept can easily be a Pokemon. I didn't explain this properly before, but it's moreso the style that they're drawn it. It's notably less cartoony and friendly-looking than either Leavanny or Lilligant or anything of that ilk. Same with Golurk, which also looks more cartoony. (And it does have a face, it has eyes.) They look more complex, more mature. And the proportions on Beauty especially are really humanlike and tall, which is something I haven't really seen on a Pokemon. It looks a lot like a human, strangely soon, and has this alienlike vibe. Expansion has a more mechanical feel to it, more like a machine than a creature. I know there are a lot of machine-type Pokemon, but it just doesn't have that "friendliness" that they do. It looks so odd, so out of this world. It's something that, if you don't see it yourself, is really difficult to explain. It's more of a feel than anything else, a matter of perception, that I thought I'd explain more properly. If you don't see it yourself, then that's fine.

The foundation would have no good reason to tell people it's name though. Why would they implicate themselves and reveal that they created these monsters that are considered so dangerous to the public?
True. But this is assuming that the Ultra Beasts are artificial. They look more spirtual and natural due to entering through a portal, to me.

So hold up, @PinkIceFox - At this point, are you two still going to stick to your choices after looking at these exclusives? Are the mascots still taking priority? Weighing your options, I think it'd be easier to swap versions!

On the note of version exclusivity... There's text visibly showing that they're exclusive on both pages for their respective versions, right?
Sorry it's late in reply I went to sleep.

:p I refuse to pick up sun version for myself while moon version exists. I've always loved moon symbolism (I have a lot of cute fairies sitting on crescent moons and stuff) so when I found out Pokemon Moon was going to be a thing, I knew I HAD to have it. My girlfriend doesn't really play a whole lot of pokemon (her disability makes sitting and playing handheld systems a bit of a challenge for long periods of time) so I don't know if she'd want to switch or not. I know she liked the idea of sun though. She's not as big a fan of playing the games as I am so it doesn't really phase her too much.

I really hope that version exclusive thing is an error by CoroCoro. I just can't imagine Rockruff evolving into the Midnight appearance evolution during the daytime simply because someone is playing Moon. I mean, it said they needed to be bathed in sun/moonlight to evolve, but you can get sun/moonlight in both versions.

It wouldn't effect me, since I'm not planning on using Rockruff, and even if I did, I'd get the Midday appearance which I prefer. But I'd feel awful for all those little kids out there who wanted to get one version, but preferred the wolf restricted to the other game and don't have the ability to trade to a reliable person or get both versions.

I really hope that version exclusive thing is an error by CoroCoro. I just can't imagine Rockruff evolving into the Midnight appearance evolution during the daytime simply because someone is playing Moon. I mean, it said they needed to be bathed in sun/moonlight to evolve, but you can get sun/moonlight in both versions.

I intend to get Moon and play it at night when it's daytime in-game... when is my poor Rockruff going to get bathed in my version-exclusive moonlight? XD Version exclusive day/night forms really doesn't make sense.

Im betting you can get the other evolution post legendary/team story arc is completed. I feel like after that is all done the natural order will be restored making day and night normal again, thus opening up the evolution for the other rockruff form. I mean its evolution has to be tied to day and night not version of game.. otherwise it would make no sense going forward in future games. Unless they start a trend of version exclusive evolution's, in which case lets hope for another dimension to appear to retcon that idead.

Im betting you can get the other evolution post legendary/team story arc is completed. I feel like after that is all done the natural order will be restored making day and night normal again, thus opening up the evolution for the other rockruff form. I mean its evolution has to be tied to day and night not version of game.. otherwise it would make no sense going forward in future games. Unless they start a trend of version exclusive evolution's, in which case lets hope for another dimension to appear to retcon that idead.

I doubt it. Remember the weird time thing only happens in Moon. Sun players are unaffected.

It's not even really a weird time thing, either? It's just 12 hours off. It'd be like if you were playing the game on the opposite side of the world. And I should hope that it doesn't "correct" itself at any point because for some people, the whole point of getting Moon would be so night is day. =/

It's also not "night more often in moon" like people have been saying. 12 hours of is 12 hours off. 5 am in sun will be morning and at the same time it'll be 5 pm in moon, which is day.

I echo the statements of disappointment about the form difference of Rockfuff's evolution. I prefer the Midnight form and am getting Moon anyway, but I feel like this is an aspect that shouldn't be version exclusive. It's simple-level it up in the day for Midday form and at night for Midnight form. Like Espeon and Umbreon's evolutions-which aren't, and never were, version exclusive.

Secondly, I appreciate how the Midday form gets the new rock priority move (a rock version of Quick Attack?). However, I am slightly disappointed that the Midnight form has no move...instead it is highlighted with Counter. I mean I guess. But it doesn't exactly look sturdy.

I am dying for clarification so I know whether I have to trade my rockruff and have a friend evolve it or have them breed me one. Ugh. Good thing two of my best friends are getting moon, and that my friend has a ditto in the bank so he can breed me things early, but some people aren't so lucky.

If they do this with the starters too, I am going to scream.

Last edited:
Secondly, I appreciate how the Midday form gets the new rock priority move (a rock version of Quick Attack?). However, I am slightly disappointed that the Midnight form has no move...instead it is highlighted with Counter. I mean I guess. But it doesn't exactly look sturdy.

I think it's because Midnight form is likely to be Rock/??? while Midday form is just Rock. Sorta like them trying to balance the two out - one gets a different type and the other gets a new move. If Midnight is Rock/Dark, just for example, it's likely to get a whole bunch of Dark moves that Midday won't.

And we also don't know about their abilities, I don't think Midnight form especially will be keeping Vital Spirit and Keen Eye. I expect something more tricky.

Please let Midnight form be Rock/Ghost!

We're more in need of Gen 7 Dark-types than we are Ghost types, so I'd like it to be Rock/Dark myself. I think we have six new Ghosts so far (five from all new lines and one Alolan form) versus three new Dark Pokemon (which are all Alolan forms).

We're more in need of Gen 7 Dark-types than we are Ghost types, so I'd like it to be Rock/Dark myself. I think we have six new Ghosts so far (five from all new lines and one Alolan form) versus three new Dark Pokemon (which are all Alolan forms).
This could be our best chance for a Rock/Ghost which we haven't had yet.

This could be our best chance for a Rock/Ghost which we haven't had yet.

I think it would be better to ensure there's some new Dark-types than try to do a new typing though. It doesn't really strike me as a Ghost-type either, so it would feel quite forced to me.

edit: Actually thinking about it, it gives off a bit of a Fighting vibe too. I wonder if they would go for Rock/Fighting...

I think it would be better to ensure there's some new Dark-types than try to do a new typing though. It doesn't really strike me as a Ghost-type either, so it would feel quite forced to me.

edit: Actually thinking about it, it gives off a bit of a Fighting vibe too. I wonder if they would go for Rock/Fighting...
Each to their own. We'll find out soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom