• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Alolan%20Grimer.jpg

So the first image of CoroCoro has leaked. And we have Alolan Grimer which is a Poison/Dark-type.

More info is coming soon.

Alolan Grimer, neat! That Dark typing, though...hmm. A lot of Alolan forms are getting the Dark type.

Well, this kinda confirms Alolan Muk will be a thing.

I wonder what that yellow marking is about. In any case, at least it's better than original Grimer.

Serebii also says the leaker says there's a Jangmo-o evo and a Type:Null evo, but there are no pictures. I guess that thing in the left upper corner might be part of the Jangmo-o evo.

Quote from Serebii.net
"The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Sun & Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them. In the first image, we see Alolan Grimer, which appears to be a Poison/Dark-type.
10:20: From the same source, but currently without pictures so it's unconfirmed, Jangmo-o's evolution is in the magazine, and is Dragon/Fighting-type, and that Type: Null changes type based on items it holds, and that it evolves into a Pokémon called Shiruvuadi (シルヴァディ). We'll bring confirmation of this as and when it comes so keep checking back."

I look forward towards Jangmo-o's evo. And no surprise that Type:Null had something up its sleeve.

Uh... I like the normal Grimer better. That hippo teeth is killing me.
Well, now I really doubt that Jangmo-o is the pseudo of this gen if even Jangmo-o's evolution is shown.

View attachment 101310

So the first image of CoroCoro has leaked. And we have Alolan Grimer which is a Poison/Dark-type.

More info is coming soon.

Alolan Grimer, neat! That Dark typing, though...hmm. A lot of Alolan forms are getting the Dark type.

Well, this kinda confirms Alolan Muk will be a thing.

I think they're trying to compensate with the lack of dark type in gen 1, where no one got retyped to dark.

Though I agree that they should slow down.. It should have stopped with rattata and meowth line. The potential for nature friendly Grimer is lost..

They better have a good explanation for this. lol

Quote from Serebii.net
"The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Sun & Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them. In the first image, we see Alolan Grimer, which appears to be a Poison/Dark-type.
10:20: From the same source, but currently without pictures so it's unconfirmed, Jangmo-o's evolution is in the magazine, and is Dragon/Fighting-type, and that Type: Null changes type based on items it holds, and that it evolves into a Pokémon called Shiruvuadi (シルヴァディ). We'll bring confirmation of this as and when it comes so keep checking back."
Yay dragon fighting jangmo evo. Awesome!

And type null that has multitype but doesn't have the actual ability? They should have made it simple by making the ability multitype instead..

Ehh I'm not sure what Alolan Grimer is supposed to be. They could've done better imo, but it could grow on me depending on its lore.

Type-Null evolves? That was unexpected. Yay for Dragon/Fighting!

The Grimer looks like it's wearing lipstick. Or you know at least, please tell me it's lipstick, face paint or decomposing fruit mush. Because yeah....

Also since it has teeth now I guess it can learn bite moves now.

Nice. Looks like everyone called it that Jang'mo evolves into a Dragon/Fighting. Yay for new Type combo! Along that, interesting to know that Type: Null evolves into something called Shiruvuadi? Wonder what that means because I looked it up, and the only thing I can find is that Shiru means "Sap". Don't know if it means anything. Interesting to know it changes type based on the held item it holds, yet its not a Ability.

So I am guessing thay Alolan Muk will be Poison/Dark as well. And we could possibly see Alolan Persian with Alolan Meowth next to Alolan Grimer.

I wonder if Type: Null will keep its Normal-typing and become Normal/???, with ??? being the type of the item it holds. This could be the way to get all those unique Normal-combinations we still haven't seen like Normal/Ice.

And type null that has multitype but doesn't have the actual ability? They should have made it simple by making the ability multitype instead..

And steal Arceus' thunder? Not likely. Multitype also changes Judgment's typing.

As for Type: Null....given its design, I'm (pleasantly) surprised its getting an evolution.

Glad we'll eventually see Jangmo-o's evolution before release too.

Wow they really did a number on Grimer! Most of us thought it would be purified but instead it looks even more toxic than the original! I can't say i'm a fan of the design but at least its interesting...

No idea what's up with the criticism on Alola Grimer. It's meant to be ugly, and I prefer some ugly designs in the mix to help make for monster design variety. The teeth do make Grimer look a bit charming, and the yellow on it could be some kind of signal that it's radioactive waste. I'm disappointed that there aren't any differences like Alola Raticate or Alola Exeggutor, but maybe those are saved up for its evolution.

Type:Null already looks so awesome. It's already a chimaera and it's evolution will be an absolute MONSTER i say!

Back
Top Bottom