• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Grimer is fine. Grimer was never awesome, and this doesn't help, but doesnt make it worse either. :)
The Dragon/Fighting is amazing! instant addition to my team at least.
Type Null thingy is weird, but that Pokemon is the weirdest thing ever anyway..

I actually really like Alolan Grimer, it's so goofy and adorable! I can't wait for Alolan Muk though, since it could end up as some sort of razor toothed psycho garbage patch or something.

I have to admit I find the ugly-cute-goofy look of Alolan Grimer to be rather charming. A nice change of pace. Still don't plan on using one, as I have little interest in Grimer/Muk at all, but it is rather funny in a nice way. Though AGAIN with the Kanto glorification!? Come on, GF, enough is enough!!!

Hmm... Jangmo-o becomes a Dragon/Fighting-type? Sweet! And yay for a new type combo! He's definitely a team member now (though gotta keep him away from them Fairies at all costs). Glad to see GF giving some love to unused or underused type combos. If it does become the pseudo of the region, it'll be the first Fighting-type pseudo, which is also a big deal.

So, Type: Null evolves, eh? That's a rather surprising development. So it won't be a stand-alone, which means maybe it'll become more of this "legend rival" that whoever designed it to be. I wonder what it'll evolve into? Judging by Serebii, it either becomes a Null-type (new type, perhaps?) or will evolve into a different type depending on the item it's holding. Kinda like a demi-Arceus or something. Hmm... curious.

I still want to see more of what Corocoro has to offer, so here's hoping the rest of the pages are leaked soon. But not too shabby so far.

Alolan Grimer looks alright, although i do imagine getting that on Wonder Trade and thinking if i got a shiny, because Grimer's shiny is green, too.

Interested in the Jangmo-o and Type: Null evos. One being Dragon/Fighting and the other sounding like it has Multitype (or a variant)? Awesome!

I don't like Alolan Grimer. At least it's more of a change than Alolan Meowth, but I think it looks ugly. And I usually like goofy Pokemon, but they usually have more work and uniqueness put into their design.

Tbh I think they showed their best Alolan variations right out of the gate, and everything after hasn't lived up to them for me.

"It's literally just a pile of sludge!" comes to haunt Grimer after all... :p

シルヴァディ sounds more like "silver/shield + body" than anything else (using ヴ instead of ブ wouldn't be remotely the first time Japan has played fast and loose with foreign phonetic transcription). Consider the alchemy theme the game seems to be running with, and you could see the claimed ability to type-change as a form of transmutation.

According to Serebii's latest update Shiruvadi changes its typing based on the held item thanks to the new ability "AR System".

The Grimer looks like it's wearing lipstick. Or you know at least, please tell me it's lipstick, face paint or decomposing fruit mush. Because yeah....

Also since it has teeth now I guess it can learn bite moves now.
Well since it's also dark type. Could it learn shadow fang?

Ugh. Alola Grimer looks gross. I never did like Grimer, and now I hate it even more. No thanks. But Jangmo-o evolves into a Dragon/Fighting type? That's interesting! I don't think that's a type combo that's been used before.

I am loving that Type: Null evolves into a Pokemon that changes type with the item it holds. I might even consider putting it on one of my teams!

According to Serebii's latest update Shiruvadi changes its typing based on the held item thanks to the new ability "AR System".

Wonder what that AR stands for. Augmented Reality? Or something Japanese?

Back
Top Bottom