• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

The Alolan Grimer is kinda disappointing at first glance. However, when I look at it closely, has anyone noticed how similar it looks to Team Skull's leader Guzma? Jangmo-o's evolution being Dragon/Fighting is kinda predictable. Still, it's nice to get confirmation on a new type combo!

The must interesting tidbit of this leak is that Type: Null ends up evolving into a Pokémon that has a type-changing ability based on its held-item. We all kinda expected Type: Null to be a stand-alone Pokémon with an alternate form when it takes off its helmet to unleash its full power. Instead, we're told that it evolves into a Pokémon called Shiruvadi. I'm starting to wonder if Type: Null has any plot relevance now.

Type: Null's description says it was created to rival legendaries, and that its power is being held back by a helmet so it'll stay stable. Now I'm starting to wonder if Type: Null started out as Shiruvadi and its helmet ended up suppressing its power to the point of causing a reverse evolution process. In that case, maybe Gladion's goal is to help Type: Null become Shiruvadi once more through evolution?

So I am guessing thay Alolan Muk will be Poison/Dark as well. And we could possibly see Alolan Persian with Alolan Meowth next to Alolan Grimer.

I wonder if Type: Null will keep its Normal-typing and become Normal/???, with ??? being the type of the item it holds. This could be the way to get all those unique Normal-combinations we still haven't seen like Normal/Ice.
Yeah, and it's even more likely they'd reveal alolan muk in the same issue, just as how we got vulpix and sandshrew along with their evos at the same time. They share the same primary type too. I really hope they'd do that, despite the slow reveal.

On type: null evo, I don't think that'd be the case, considering arceus completely changes type, which seems to be the reason why this one was created in the first place. Even protean removes both water/dark on greninja, irrc. Save that gimmick for the breeding cat, perhaps.

I'm okay with Alola Grimer. I've never been a huge fan of the Grimer line and it is annoying that another Kanto Pokemon is getting an Alola form, but I think that the Poison/Dark combination actually works here. Poison/Water could have been interesting, but I'm fine with more Kanto Dark type Pokemon. Design wise, it seems pretty fine. Nothing amazing, but with Grimer's original design and body shape, there isn't a whole lot to really make it more standout besides different coloring.

Jangmo-O evolving into a Dragon/Fighting type sounds pretty neat and that was one of the more common theories for its evolution to boot. I'll have to see what the evolved form/forms look like later, but the unique type combination and liking Jangmo-O beforehand does make it more likely for me to have one on my team.

I am surprised that Type: Null evolves. I was expecting it to be a single stage Pokemon with just some kind of form change, but I'm fine with it evolving. Its ability sounds really interesting too.

It is too bad that we don't have pictures for the new Pokemon, but I can't blame the leaker when they were technically doing something illegal by uploading scans. We most likely won't have to wait too long for the other pictures. Either someone will get scans within the next day or we'll get at least a bit of this information on the 14th in the new trailer. We may need to wait, but it most likely won't be a long wait and that does make it easier.

The Alolan Grimer is kinda disappointing at first glance. However, when I look at it closely, has anyone noticed how similar it looks to Team Skull's leader Guzma? Jangmo-o's evolution being Dragon/Fighting is kinda predictable. Still, it's nice to get confirmation on a new type combo!

The must interesting tidbit of this leak is that Type: Null ends up evolving into a Pokémon that has a type-changing ability based on its held-item. We all kinda expected Type: Null to be a stand-alone Pokémon with an alternate form when it takes off its helmet to unleash its full power. Instead, we're told that it evolves into a Pokémon called Shiruvadi. I'm starting to wonder if Type: Null has any plot relevance now.

Type: Null's description says it was created to rival legendaries, and that its power is being held back by a helmet so it'll stay stable. Now I'm starting to wonder if Type: Null started out as Shiruvadi and its helmet ended up suppressing its power to the point of causing a reverse evolution process. In that case, maybe Gladion's goal is to help Type: Null become Shiruvadi once more through evolution?
I would think that Type: Null evolving was an unexpected occurrence. As in the people created him and bound him probably never expected it to go through a process like evolution.

ALola Grimer is a total dissappointment. Terrible design with those teeth, and a type combination that is a total waste. Not bad, just a waste, seeing how Water or Ground fit so muh better, and are more unique.

But as long as the Jangmo-o line, Salandit line and Pikipek line are as good as I imagine them in my head, Alola Grimer/Muk don´t really matter, personally.

Last edited:
Oh goody, another Gen 1 Pokemon gets an Alolan form. Seriously, give something to a non-Kanto Pokemon for once, I'm honestly getting bored of all the Alolan forms being Gen 1 Pokemon, especially since most of them just feel gimmicky at this point, like they showed the best ones at the start and then just went downhill after that.

Also, I think the reason a lot of the Kantalola forms (as I'm going to call them since they're all Gen 1 Pokemon so far) are Dark types is because the Dark type didn't exist back then, and Magnemite was given a steel typing in Gen 2 but nothing given a Dark type, so they're trying to make up for that.

I'm curious to see the Jangmo-o evolutions though, as well as whatever Type: Null is getting.

Last edited:
I preferred the rumours about Alolan Grimer being pure water. As if he'd been purified. Guess this ends the Flying type Koffing line rumours as well.

So Type;Null is basically mans attempt at creating Arceus, although perhaps the evolution is similar to Porygon Z in that Type: Null was deemed not strong enough so they found a way to make this artificial pokemon evolve.

On type: null evo, I don't think that'd be the case, considering arceus completely changes type, which seems to be the reason why this one was created in the first place. Even protean removes both water/dark on greninja, irrc. Save that gimmick for the breeding cat, perhaps.
It's already been confirmed that Shiruvadi changes typing based on the held item through its new AR System ability, so that method of evolution would be redundant anyways.

I would think that Type: Null evolving was an unexpected occurrence. As in the people created him and bound him probably never expected it to go through a process like evolution.
So Type: Null's evolution was a glitch? If this is the case, then maybe Shiruvadi is Type: Null's attempt to stabilize itself and resist the power limiter that was placed on it. In other words, Type: Null found a loophole around its helmet, possibly by integrating the helmet as a part of its anatomy so that it can use to its power without getting out of control.

Oh goody, another Gen 1 Pokemon gets an Alolan form. Seriously, give something to a non-Kanto Pokemon for once, I'm honestly getting bored of all the Alolan forms being Gen 1 Pokemon, especially since most of them just feel gimmicky at this point, like they showed the best ones at the start and then just went downhill after that.

I know. It just seems that with the Mega Evoution ban for VGC, but the fact that Alolan Forms are allowed and the signature Z-Crystals being for Kanto-only 'mons so far makes it seem that they're shoving Kanto down our throats.

Before, I was only annoyed at the Kanto favoritism since they actually gave most of the Alolan forms good distribution to the more ignored Gen I 'mons in ways that made sense. However, with Alolan Grimer and Alolan Muk that seems like there's very little change aside from Grimer looking like Guzma, I'm starting to think that Game Freak really is trying too hard to pander to Kanto nostalgia. At least Moewth's minimal change has to do with the fact that it was an attitude change due to its ancestors being spoiled by the old royal family of Alola. This however... I can't even think of a good explanation for this. I'm willing to bet that this won't even have a backstory similar to Alolan Raichu, which I thought of as a one-off joke by Game Freak or that an explaination for it would become an in-game sidequest.

The only thing that could save this line at this point would be if this line is both given a good reason for this change and that Alolan Muk has a drastic change that makes it different from being jsut a recolor of the classic Muk. I expect the backstory, if there is any, to be related to Team Skull due to Alolan Grimer resembling Guzma.

We can only hope that shwoing Kanto-only Alolan Forms are just for promotional reasons and that non-Kanto Alolan Forms will show up in the actual game.

A picture worth a thousand words. At time like this, this saying can't be any more true.

Why are so many Alolan forms dark type?

Rattata, Ratica, Marowak, Meowth, and now Grimer. 5/11 are Dark types that's 45 percent so far!

I was pretty disappointed when I saw yet another Dark Alola form, but Robo Floatzel's point about this adding Dark to the Gen 1 type pool gave me a bit more peace with it. Still it feel like such a cheap type to just slap on to something since you don't need to change much other than a pallet swap.

Before, I was only annoyed at the Kanto favoritism since they actually gave most of the Alolan forms good distribution to the more ignored Gen I 'mons in ways that made sense. However, with Alolan Grimer and Alolan Muk that seems like there's very little change aside from Grimer looking like Guzma, I'm starting to think that Game Freak really is trying too hard to pander to Kanto nostalgia.

Honestly I agree, Alola forms are starting to feel a little forced. Some of them are less "let's take a Pokemon that would realistically adapt in this environment and change it accordingly" and more "WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING WITH THIS GEN I POKEMON!!!1!".

Back
Top Bottom