• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Going to reserve judgement on alolan grimer's design until we learn more about it, and until we see alolan muk. Either way I'll hate it, because it's muk, and I hate muk. If it gets corrosive I'm going to cry, it's bad enough it has a good defensive type combination that's also good offensively...

I dislike alolan grimer because it's ugly, but I know that's the point. Just because that's the point doesn't mean I have to like it.

Alolan Grimer's design is a big let down for me. Would have been a lot cooler to see it perhaps solidify or at least look anything not like it did before except for a pallete swap. I mean I get Meowth's a little bit since different breeds of cats do not really change that much, but this is a pile of sludge we're talking about.

On these always being gen 1. Is the "gen 1 is the only generation" crowd even a thing anymore? I don't think I've seen it since Sun and Moon were announced. It makes no sense to pander to them because they barely seem to exist anymore. But I guess that doesn't matter since these decisions were probably made years ago. Actually this probably means alola specific versions are all gen 1 since if genwunnerism isnt in vogue anymore they have no reason to specifically address these to them. They are exclusively revealing kantolola because kantolola is all there is. Pesky outdated market research!

On these always being gen 1. Is the "gen 1 is the only generation" crowd even a thing anymore? I don't think I've seen it since Sun and Moon were announced. It makes no sense to pander to them because they barely seem to exist anymore. But I guess that doesn't matter since these decisions were probably made years ago. Actually this probably means alola specific versions are all gen 1 since if genwunnerism isnt in vogue anymore they have no reason to specifically address these to them. They are exclusively revealing kantolola because kantolola is all there is. Pesky outdated market research!
Also, it's the 20th anniversary of Pokemon. Of course they want to focus on the region where it all started.

I will take Alola forms being gen 1 Pokemon only over other forms of gen 1 pandering like haveing the Kanto starters be obtainable after the first gym *coughs at x and y* giving the gen 1 starters and only the gen 1 starters mega evolutions *coughs harder at x and y* and giving both Charazard and Mewtwo two mega evolutions *coughs up a lung at X and Y*.

Also yes gunwunnerism is still a thing (are we really calling it that?) head over to the Pokemon go sub-Reddit and you will see a lot of it people who haven't played since gen 1 and don't really care for or consider anything beyond that to be a thing. Many of them make posts saying how they hope Pogo stays gen 1 only.

I will take Alola forms being gen 1 Pokemon only over other forms of gen 1 pandering like haveing the Kanto starters be obtainable after the first gym *coughs at x and y* giving the gen 1 starters and only the gen 1 starters mega evolutions *coughs harder at x and y* and giving both Charazard and Mewtwo two mega evolutions *coughs up a lung at X and Y*.

Also yes gunwunnerism is still a thing (are we really calling it that?) head over to the Pokemon go sub-Reddit and you will see a lot of it people who haven't played since gen 1 and don't really care for or consider anything beyond that to be a thing. Many of them make posts saying how they hope Pogo stays gen 1 only.

After all the Gen 1 hype they did with Gen 6 I was hoping they'd do the same with Gen 2 in Gen 7. I still want those Johto starter megas even though the consensus seems to be we aren't getting new megas.

Alolan Grimer's design is a big let down for me. Would have been a lot cooler to see it perhaps solidify or at least look anything not like it did before except for a pallete swap. I mean I get Meowth's a little bit since different breeds of cats do not really change that much, but this is a pile of sludge we're talking about.
I LOVE your profile pic of cutiefly rolling over togedamaru, and also your avatar of articuno, zapdos, and moltres driving a car

Also, it's the 20th anniversary of Pokemon. Of course they want to focus on the region where it all started.

Well, just because it's the 20th anniversary of Pokemon does NOT give them the excuse to only focus on the Gen 1 Pokemon and ONLY those, since I remember the 10th and 15th anniversaries, and they never did that, they treated all generations equally during those generations.

And yes, Genwunnerism is still pretty much a thing even 20 years later, just as there are still Star Wars fans who will only accept the original trilogy, or Transformers fans who still only accept the original cartoon series. I actually think Pokemon Go has become a Genwunner breeding ground and that they've become MORE abundant than they were in the past.

I've heard someone earlier say that Game Freak is trying to bridge the gap between old and new fans in an attempt to close the nostaligia for Gen 1 up, which I don't think is working, especially since Genwunners are on the same level as Sonic fans as being extremely difficult to please.

Well, just because it's the 20th anniversary of Pokemon does NOT give them the excuse to only focus on the Gen 1 Pokemon and ONLY those, since I remember the 10th and 15th anniversaries, and they never did that, they treated all generations equally during those generations.

And yes, Genwunnerism is still pretty much a thing even 20 years later, just as there are still Star Wars fans who will only accept the original trilogy, or Transformers fans who still only accept the original cartoon series. I actually think Pokemon Go has become a Genwunner breeding ground and that they've become MORE abundant than they were in the past.

I've heard someone earlier say that Game Freak is trying to bridge the gap between old and new fans in an attempt to close the nostaligia for Gen 1 up, which I don't think is working, especially since Genwunners are on the same level as Sonic fans as being extremely difficult to please.
Don't you mean pokemon fans in general? Baduntssh

Alolan Grimer is pretty awesome despite being another gen 1 alola form pokemon. Poison/Dark type is a good combo as it leaves it with one weakness and gives it an immunity to Psychic attacks. Plus with move tutor moves such as Giga Drain and Ice Punch, it can counter Ground types which makes it and Muk pretty decent battlers.

Don't care about Alolan Grimer at all. Never used Muk/Grimer and never will.

Just gonna wait for Jangmo-o's evos. I really want a dragon/fighting included in my team but if they screw up the appearance then I'll have to think otherwise.

Type:Null's evo/forme, I really hope it looks something like this. Very unlikely, but hey..a man can hope!

latest

I can see alola forms of gen 1 actually being irksome to genwunners. It can be seen as a lesser parody of their favorite Pokemon.

I really need to see Type:Null's evo. The anticipation is murder.

Maybe tomorrow we see the rest. I do hope Dragon/Fighting is happening because that would be amazing. Both Dragon and Fighting types are generally good with the attack stats so the two types together could result in a very high attack stat in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom