• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

3sE7PnL.png

okay
that's the first oak tree I've seen to grow coconuts

Honestly, I am completely stoked on the idea that Guzma might use Muk as his signature Pokémon. I mean, I'm only assuming, based on the sort-of resemblance between him and Alolan Grimer. But still, Muk has consistently been one of my favorite Pokémon since forever. I can't wait to see its Alola Form. I know Grimer's hasn't exactly been popular around here, but personally, I like it.

Honestly, I am completely stoked on the idea that Guzma will use Muk as his signature Pokémon. I mean, I'm only assuming, based on the sort-of resemblance between him and Alolan Grimer. But still, Muk has consistently been one of my favorite Pokémon since forever. I can't wait to see its Alola Form. I know Grimer's hasn't exactly been popular around here, but personally, I like it.

I'm mostly disappointed with Alolan Grimer because it feels like a blown chance for it... Grimer has never been a particularly popular pokemon, and here they could have done something to change that. I wish they had done something else with it, tried to be more creative or just given us something that could have helped its reputation. But no, it's pretty much been left to the same state it was in before- a vastly unloved pile of sludge. =/

Okay! So my reactions:
  • Alolan Grimer: He is cheeselip. I never cared for Grimer now, and the disgusting cheeselip makes me like it even less.

• I love Silvadi. Beautiful. Nice colors. Type: Null taking off its helmet definitely improves its looks, as I had hoped. I also think the bit about it smashing its helmet to evolve for a trainer it really trusts is surprisingly endearing and cute. I thought it was going to be a kind of villainous Pokemon, but this shows a new side of it that makes it more appealing to me. I don't really mind that it's really similar to Type: Null, though I do think it might make more sense as a form change or something like that.

• Jangmo-o's evolutions... have me confused. I like its first evo, because it reminds me of a Rookie Digimon. (IN A GOOD WAY! I like Digimon) It has the mature cuteness a good middle evo should have. The final one... I... don't know? Like, I'm so confused. What is going on with that thing? It looks like a weird tree. I thought it was part Grass-type at first. I think I need a picture of better quality and to see it from more angles before I can more properly form an opinion.

Can Anyone translate what it says about the bracelet peripheral? It seems to sync with the 3DS?

In Null/Silvadi's defence, it's a synthetic Pokémon, so it makes sense to me that its "evolution" doesn't seem as drastic.

That's a good point. Porygon, another manmade Pokémon, also doesn't change much throughout its evolution. Porygon2 is just a bit sleeker than the original, and Porygon-Z is Porygon2 glitched out and reoriented.

Jararanga looks way overdesigned, but I will decide whether he'll be on my team after seeing the 3D model in-game.

Also Dragon/Fighting type ought to have an awesome ATK stat. Would love to see what it is. If it is less than Haxorus, this fella will be pc boxed.

Edit: Will definitely catch jangmo-o and evolve him though. In time his jangles will grow on me.

Silvadi is a pleasent surprise. It looks better then I thought. Though I didn't think it would have received an evolution.
Jangmo.. Damn they tanked it .. Its middle is great, but the final is as Arylett above indicate an overdesign - Keep it simple.

I love the new evolutions of Jangmo-o! Brilliant designs, awesome typing and looks like a powerful pokemon to have! Silvadi is good too but I still don't think it would rival legendaries/mythicals. If it did, then it would most likely rival Solgaleo and Lunala.

At first I was kind of confused h Type: Null actually evolved, not just a form change, because it's such a small change (after all, Wishiwashi is a form change Pokemon, and it's two forms are drastically different.) But remembering that it is a synthetic Pokemo. It would make a little sense to as why it doesn't have a more drastic change in it's evolution. Silvadi looks pretty cool though.

I am not too fond of the Jangmo-o evolution designs, to say the least. They're just a little much for me. I have never been to fond of the really complicated design Pokemon. It might grow on me though, but for now, it's a step down from the cuteness that was Jangmo-o.

I've gone back and forth on Alolan Grimer all day. It really would have been cool to see it purified, but it's not that bad. It looks pretty derpy, but that makes it kinda cute. I don't really like the yellow though.

oh, that's right, silvadi is definitely the elemental cat mentioned by that one leak too. Maybe not obtained via breeding like the leaker described, but still pretty close in concept. Unless there is even more to null that we still don't know~?

Last edited:
I guess the reason they make it an evolution instead of a form change despite the obvious copy paste look is because once Type: Null smash the Null mask, it can't go back into wearing it again.

Oh, well, they better revamp Arceus or we'll have a new Pokegod or 2 Pokegods.

looks like a lion to me

especially given that the original chimera is described as having a lion's body, as I learned recently, so it is probably inspired by that

Oh, I'm not saying there aren't feline elements. It's just, I look at a thing that's got a somewhat lion-like body but also a piscine tail, insectoid forelegs, and a giant, crested, stone helmet, and my first though probably isn't going to be, "Oh, that's a cat."

Oh, well, they better revamp Arceus or we'll have a new Pokegod or 2 Pokegods.

I really don't think it'll be that strong.

Back
Top Bottom