• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Gosh, resisting leaks is hard, but I've managed with most of the story and datamine leaks. But I can't resist CoroCoro.

I've never been a big fan of a gen getting a lot of legendaries, it just makes them a little lack luster to me. It's also probably because I'd rather them just be new non-legendary Pokemon because I never use legendaries on my team. But if these new UBs are really Pokemon, they do kind of feel like legendaries, in a way. But making them Ultra Beasts gives them a little more flavor. I hope they all have their own little story, because I assume you don't catch most of them till the postgame.

The black one is actually pretty freaking cool though. I've liked the design since we saw it leaked in the demo, and gosh it's very sleek looking, but also the jagged edges make it look rather sinister. Can't wait to meet this thing in game, if we will be able to catch it.

I had a feeling that since the starters didn't get a second form final evolution, it would probably be something with a signature z move. Hope Incineroar gets a really awesome looking one.

That new black pokemon has potential to be stronger and possibly have a story/game of it's own.

A clearer image of the leaked pages reveals UB-05 Gluttony:

corocoro12161.jpg

Gluttony? Someone dares challenge Snorlax?

5? There's only one other thing that could be 4 if the black thing is a pokemon rather than a UB. I suspect the uncertainty of the nomenclature is on purpose. (Don't tell me, I want to find out on my own)

I had the same feeling for the UB's, each one is the embodiment of one of the Seven Deadly Sins, but that's just a theory, a Game The-whoops, almost said MatPat's catchphrase there

Much like the A L C H E M Y "theme," I don't really see it. Sure you can make a case for Beauty/Lust and Glutton/Gluttony, but the others all seem like tenuous connections at best.

Last edited:
Each game has 5 Ultra Beasts.

Sun: Nihilego (UB-01), Buzzwole (UB-02 Absorption), Xurkitree ( UB-03 Lightning), Kartana (UB-04 Blade) and Guzzlord (UB-05 Glutton)

Moon: Nihilego (UB-01), Pheromosa (UB-02 Beauty), Xurkitree ( UB-03 Lightning), Celesteela (UB-04 Blaster) and Guzzlord (UB-05 Glutton)

So 5 Ultra Beasts and the Sun, Solgaleo, and the Moon, Lunala. The seven alchemic planets with Necrozma the secret 8th planet.

Much like the A L C H E M Y "theme," I don't really see it. Sure you can make a case for Beauty/Lust and Gluttony/Gluttony, but the others all seem like tenuous connections at best.
Clearly the only link is Full Metal Alchemist

Yeah that was basically the best 'evidence' I could think up for the UBs. Can't see Gamefreak doing anything lusty in a pokemon game. Well. Besides that female Kahuna.

Now do Wallace, Game freak. The costume's not enough. Imma need a butt shot.

Why does beauty equate to lust? I see that more as pride.

Not that it matters since it's quite the stretch anyway. On another note, I find some of the Ultra Beasts to be really disturbing. They look really misplaced to be in Pokemon.

I do not think Ultra Beast are based on planets or seven deadly sins.
They are pokemon from another dimension

I still see the UBs as glitches more than anything.

The more I look at the official art of
Blaster
and if I squint hard enough it really looks like it could be ♀. due to the overly long neck.

At least, that's to say it's less of a stretch then the seven deadly sins or planets.

I still see the UBs as glitches more than anything.

The more I look at the official art of
Blaster
and if I squint hard enough it really looks like it could be ♀. due to the overly long neck.

At least, that's to say it's less of a stretch then the seven deadly sins or planets.
I agree. Say, what if transferring different Missingno variants (it takes up 39 Pokémon slots as a placeholder in the Gen I games) and some of the other glitch Pokémon to Gen VII converts them to Ultra Beasts, Ash-Greninja, Eternal Flower Floette, etc. as an Easter Egg? That would be cool!

Back
Top Bottom