• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

So, what are people expecting from the CoroCoro in December? Usually it's movie news. So title and one star at least?

Next CoroCoro might have some last minute news about Sun/Moon, or at the least an event extra or a recap. I can't imagine them dropping S/M altogether just because November would be past.

I think the next movie would feature the mascots. I think the other mythical should be saved for the 2nd or 3rd movie of the gen.

I think the next movie would feature the mascots. I think the other mythical should be saved for the 2nd or 3rd movie of the gen.

I think the problem with that, is nowadays, they need something new, that includes anything they haven't revealed officially, to be able to promote the movie. Solgaleo and Lunala, unless they gain new forms in the movie, won't be enough to be promote the entire movie until June or July.

The only new Pokemon that will work for the movie is Marshadow. It's the only Pokemon not officially revealed, despite the trademark, in any way or other.

I think the problem with that, is nowadays, they need something new, that includes anything they haven't revealed officially, to be able to promote the movie. Solgaleo and Lunala, unless they gain new forms in the movie, won't be enough to be promote the entire movie until June or July.
That maybe true but mascots since DP have appear in movies. Dialga and Palkia were in the first gen 4 movie. Giratina was in the next. Reshiram and Zekrom was in the first gen 5 movie with Kyurem in the next. Xerneas and Yveltal appear in the first XY movie. So the chances of SM mascots in a movie is high in my opinion.

That maybe true but mascots since DP have appear in movies. Dialga and Palkia were in the first gen 4 movie. Giratina was in the next. Reshiram and Zekrom was in the first gen 5 movie with Kyurem in the next. Xerneas and Yveltal appear in the first XY movie. So the chances of SM mascots in a movie is high in my opinion.

I know, and I wasn't saying they won't appear. Solgaleo and Lunala as we know them now, just aren't enough to carry the promotion of the movie and get people into wanting to watch it.

I'm thinking the next movie will have Solgaleo/Lunala and Marshadow. It's possible it'll have the black Pokemon as well, but we'll see on that one.

I'll be disappointed if they just follow the mascots-mythical pattern for the first movie. For one thing, Solgaleo and Lunala have no real reason to fight each other. They're a family.

Why not cosmog and marshadow? Lunala and Solgaleo can always show up later for...well, obvious reasons. The black pokemon and ultra beasts will probably be the stinger or something.

Besides it would be a cute movie if it was just a sentient fluffy ball of space vs.
the cutest little angry shadow creature dressed like a Roman soldier ever.

Lunala and Solgaleo can always show up later for...well, obvious reasons.
You could say that about Cosmog, too.

If the show does adapt the Lillie-Cosmog storyline eventually, the big question becomes what the final evolution will be and what will happen with the other mascot.

You could say that about Cosmog, too.

I don't know. I was thinking more along the lines of a legendary version of the kangaskan episode or the baby lugia episode where they have to get the cosmog home and Lunala and Solgaleo make cameos towards the end.

But before that, Marshadow, being essentially a cloud, ends up interfering either purposely or accidently and causes the main conflict in the story. The villain of the movie will probably take this time and try to kidnap the cosmog.

It is true that the current pokemon movies we have been getting has a mythical in them, that can always change as patterns have broken. I think having Solgaleo and Lunala without a mythical is ok by me.

Back
Top Bottom