• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Cosplay Thread

Chibster

Zan! Testu! Ken!!
Reaction score
So, have you been wanting cosplay as a character? Have you ever cosplayed before? Need tips? Discuss all of it here! If you have done cosplays, feel free to give tips!

I've been thinking of fursuit cosplaying as Haku from Spirited Away. New York Comic Con 2014 is coming in October, as well as my school's costume day next February! I've never made a fursuit, but I'm aware that's a very expensive investment! I've seen other people's cosplays and I think I want to make a two-legged cosplay (Haku walks on 4 legs).

My friends and I have been going to ColossalCon in Sandusky, OH for the past 5 years. I've cosplayed Leo (Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's), Leafeon (Pokemon), Toph Beifong (Avatar: Last Airbender).

This year I'll be taking Toph again and doing Eska from Avatar: Legend of Korra.

I cosplayed two characters at New York Comic Con last year: Jade Harley from Homestuck (not anime, I know) and Aoi Asahina from Dangan Ronpa.

I'd like to do lots more cosplays, but time and money, y'know. I might cosplay Fennel from Pokemon at NYCC later this year, but idk for sure yet.

I would love to cosplay with a nice costume, but have just never gotten the chance to. I would cosplay mostly Pokemon characters; Blue (female), Touko, Sabrina, Clair, Karen, Flannery, Winona, Phoebe, Elesa, Skyla......so many to choose from.

Also, Princess Peach or Princess Daisy would be fun to cosplay.

I have cosplayed as Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist) once, my sister cosplayed as Flandre Scarlet (Touhou) and my cousin as Momiji (Binbougami-ga). I'm also planning to cosplay as Seto from Kagerou Project/Mekakucity Actors someday!

Me and my boyfriend cosplay Ryuuji and Taiga from Toradora often these days. - usually I wear the red-blazer school uniform, 1 big plushie tiger paw, tiger/cat ears and carry a plushie palmtop tiger.

Next comic-con I promised my little sister we could be disney princesses - so I'm going as Merida from Brave, she's going as Belle and my Boyfriends going as a beast.
I've also been various Hitman Reborn characters, Konata Izumi from Lucky Star and a Pokémon trainer (I was travelling light so I couldn't bring a decent cosplay)

Oh god I cosplay way too much.

I've finished: Ryūgazaki Rei from Free!, Naegi Makoto from Dangan Ronpa, Jean Kirschtein from Attack on Titan, Midorima Shintarō from Kuroko no Basuke, and i've done a half-assed Noiz from DRAMAtical Murder. Not to mention a good 9-10 homestuck cosplays.

Coming down the pipeline, probably in this order: Tsukishima Kei (Haikyū!!), Kano Shūya (Kagerou Project/Mekakucity Actors), Kiyoshi Teppei (KNB), Imaizumi Shunsuke (Yowamushi Pedal), Kazuma (Noragami), Furuya Satoru (Daiya no A), Inumuta Hōka (Kill La Kill). Uh. I -think- that's it but I'm not sure. Maybe I'll throw in Miyuki (DNA) or Natsuki (Tsuritama) we just dont know.

Oh god I cosplay way too much.

I've finished: Ryūgazaki Rei from Free!, Naegi Makoto from Dangan Ronpa, Jean Kirschtein from Attack on Titan, Midorima Shintarō from Kuroko no Basuke, and i've done a half-assed Noiz from DRAMAtical Murder. Not to mention a good 9-10 homestuck cosplays.

Coming down the pipeline, probably in this order: Tsukishima Kei (Haikyū!!), Kano Shūya (Kagerou Project/Mekakucity Actors), Kiyoshi Teppei (KNB), Imaizumi Shunsuke (Yowamushi Pedal), Kazuma (Noragami), Furuya Satoru (Daiya no A), Inumuta Hōka (Kill La Kill). Uh. I -think- that's it but I'm not sure. Maybe I'll throw in Miyuki (DNA) or Natsuki (Tsuritama) we just dont know.
omg I really like your Rei cosplay!! :D

Casting resurrect on this thread because I can't believe I didn't know we had a cosplay thread before!! (Shout out to the homies from 10 years ago)

I've been cosplaying probably since about 2012? It's definitely a hobby of mine I'm on the cusp of going serious about (with photoshoots and the like) as I was even one of the vice leaders of the cosplay club at my uni, I just really, really love doing it!

My repertoire of cosplays I have worn, in no particular order:
Emmet (and Ingo!) from Pokemon BW of course
Will of the Abyss from Pandora Hearts
Lenalee from D. Gray Man
Flandre Scarlet from Touhou
Destiny from Takt Op. Destiny
Shiinoa Hiragi from Owari No Seraph
Krul Tepes from Owari No Seraph
Yoshino from Date A Live
Rachel Alucard from BlazBlue
Yashiro Isana from K Project
Elaina from Wandering Witch, Journey of Elaina
2B from Nier Automata

Wow that list is bigger than I thought. LOL. :chansey: Interesting (and telling) how most of my cosplays are vampires, huh?

I was going to cosplay Dazai Osamu from BSD (Kitsune Version) at some point, but never got to it. Yesod from Lobcorp is on my backburner. My current next cosplays will be Specter the Unchained from Arknights and Cheshire (Wedding Version) from Azur Lane. The older I get, the more grandiose my cosplays seem to get. I really wish I got back to doing makeup, I've kind of been flack on that since covid but it would make a lot of my cosplay so much better I think. I've kind of wanted to get back to doing more Touhous but I just feel so strongly about Flan always, there is a 'ballroom gown' variant of Flandre I've had in mind, though. I think I'm going to go through at least 3 more flan outfits when I have the funds before pursuing another Touhou girl.

To be honest, I was a bit stunted on deciding what cosplays to do next for a couple years now, but I think it's gonna be Arknights and Azur Lane from here! Kinda wanna do Amiya or the Doctor from AK too. Reverse 1999 too, maybe... I'm just glad to have a revived interest in cosplaying new stuff!

A pipe dream is to cosplay a Lugia or Chandelure gijinka... but that will take some planning.

I'd love to hear from everyone else-- whether you've cosplayed before or would like to in the future!

Oh hey, there's my old post! For the record, I did in fact cosplay as Fennel at NYCC that year. We kind of did a Unova theme - @Araragi-hakase was Professor Juniper and @Paperhorse was Bianca. That was such a good con. I can't believe it was a decade ago this October.

I've done a small bit of cosplay since then but not much and nothing anime or video game related. I want to get back to cosplaying SO BAD but I genuinely have no ideas of what characters I want to cosplay and the thought of actually having to put the costume together makes me hyperventilate lmao. One of these days, though!

I'd seriously love to cosplay one day, if I had the money and body for it (and I'm not talking about like my body's shape or weight - anyone can cosplay regardless of that stuff - I'm talking about like gender transitioning. I wouldn't want to even think about cosplaying until my body matches who I am, y'know?).

Like I dunno why, but I'd really wanna cosplay as the original Pink Ranger from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers if I'm ever able to.

I've wanted to do a Daroach (Kirby character) cosplay for a long while. I even looked up tutorials for the one part that needs custom work, which would be the top hat. There are two things impeding that. One is getting materials and tools. The other is that cosplay is behind many other tasks in terms of priority, both of the real life and online life variety. One day,,,

yo a cosplay thread!! lit
i have done exactly 2 (two)...... d.va from overwatch and linne from under night in birth, on the complete opposite ends of the public knowledge spectrum
i'm actually working on a tifa lockhart one IUHGEUHNNFIERGUEHRRGUOIERO........ in the future im also planning on doing claire redfield, shuichi saihara (i spent three years rp'ing the man itd be weird if i never cosplayed him), felix hugo fraldarius, and asuka. as in tekken asuka and also senran kagura asuka
it's lower priority in my life but i also Dream of being able to pull off a decent guzma someday

omg those are some excellent choices...Felix and Shuichi are two of my biggest blorbos ever tbh

Funnily enough even though I've seen tons of FE3H and Danganronpa cosplay at cons I'm pretty sure I've never seen any cosplay of those two and that makes me sad

It’s not an anime cosplay but. I just watched a behind the scenes video of the hunger games and now I really wanna be in a hunger games movie but I guess I never will so I’ll take the next best thing and do a hunger games cosplay

actually I have a jacket/sweater that resembles katniss’ in the first movie and I’m a brunette so I’m gonna go to school in a casual katniss cosplay tomorrow and see what happens

on YouTube I saw someone make Lucy grays dress from the movie and I usually don’t like dresses but I NEED THAT THING

i also wanna cosplay an academy student from the new prequel movie and live my self insert dreams :3

Back
Top Bottom