• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cosplaying

Caite-chan

Ms. Canadian Destroyer
Reaction score
How many of you do cosplay? And if you do, do you go to Anime Conventions? Do you buy your costume or make it yourself?

I got into cosplaying a few years ago thanks to my friends. We've done several conventions already. We're from the Detroit, MI area so we've got several options. I have to say my very first one was Anime Detroit 2010 which was rather small and I dressed as Link and used my friends costume...lol. Now most of our group (the girls) will make their costume the two guys are lazy bums and buy theirs.

Anime Detroit 2010 - Link
ColassalCon 2011 - Leo from Yu-Gi-Oh
ColassalCon 2012 - Formal Leafeon from Pokemon

Here are some photos of me in my cosplays.

Colassal Con 2012

Glaceon - Jen
Jolteon - Natalie
Leafeon - Me
Espeon - Lindsay

Colassal Con 2012

Jolteon - Natalie
Umbreon - Megan
Umbreon - Mikey a.k.a Pimpeon...lol.
Espeon - Lindsay
Leafeon - Me
Glaceon - Jen

Colassal Con 2011

Luna - Natalie
Leo - Me

Yes Leo has boobs....LOL!

Last edited:
I don't, but I really want to sometime. It would be so fun to make my own costume and go to a convention. I'd probably be someone from a Yu-Gi-Oh!, like Rally from 5Ds (I'm kinda short and I have curly hair):sweatlol:.

Don't feel bad I'm only 5 feet. I really want to cosplay Toph from Avatar. I may be doing Roxie the Virbank Gym Leader only because I'm really short on cash right now. The guys in our group usually buy their outfits us girls try to make as much of ours as possible. Lindsay is one who is good with sewing and wigs, Natalie is good with painting and I'm the one that paints and tries to make items for costumes.

i would like to go but theres no one i could really play and actually look half decent btw are there meant to be links to the pictures cause i cant see any ?

They should work now. I took them straight from my Facebook and forgot that no one outside my friends could see them...lol.

Don't feel bad I'm only 5 feet. I really want to cosplay Toph from Avatar. I may be doing Roxie the Virbank Gym Leader only because I'm really short on cash right now. The guys in our group usually buy their outfits us girls try to make as much of ours as possible. Lindsay is one who is good with sewing and wigs, Natalie is good with painting and I'm the one that paints and tries to make items for costumes.
That's awesome. I'd probably go for something on the cheaper side. ...Weird, I could see the pictures before you changed them.
i would like to go but theres no one i could really play and actually look half decent btw are there meant to be links to the pictures cause i cant see any ?
I don't really look like anyone either. Most of my hair's long and curly, but I got one side of my head shaved, so maybe I could be Rally after a freak explosion, or after he was captured by cult members or something:XD2:.

Some people are really picky about their costumes. I try to make them look as close to the real thing as possible. I know my group is going to ColassalCon this year and that might be my only Con for the year unless I can save enough for Youmacon.

Nice cosplays! :3

I would love to cosplay. I have a Togekiss cosplay I wore to the 2012 Pokemon World Championships(too lazy to pull up a picture right now). Me and my mom made it lol.
Sadly, there aren't any cosplay conventions I know of on Hawaii island. I wish I could go to one....
Me and my friends made a promise to go to a cosplay convention together someday :p

I cosplayed as Morty at a comic con in 2011. I might do Marlon for my next convention - I think I could pull him off better since my skin is a little dark.

I want to cosplay someday, I want to cosplay Patty from Lucky Star and a genderbend of Dio Brando :D

I would love to cosplay. I have a Togekiss cosplay I wore to the 2012 Pokemon World Championships(too lazy to pull up a picture right now). Me and my mom made it lol.
Sadly, there aren't any cosplay conventions I know of on Hawaii island. I wish I could go to one....
Me and my friends made a promise to go to a cosplay convention together someday :p

They have Kawaii Kon in Honolulu in April. That was the only one I know of.

They have Kawaii Kon in Honolulu in April. That was the only one I know of.

March, actually.
Speaking of which, IM GOING TO KAWAII CON 2013 FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!! HJKFHDJSKHFSJDKHLGTKJR
Haha, sorry, couldn't help but have a fan-girl freakout.

I dressed as Pikachu one Red Nose Day a few years back. Everyone was asking me where I bought my costume and I told them my mum had made it!!

I've dressed up as a Pikachu before, not long ago actually, for my Eisteddfod. ;w; I've been working on a Meulin Leijon cosplay for awhile now. I've got the shirt (not the t-shirt over), shoes, skirt, and hair dye, so I'm just missing the make up, knee-socks, t-shirt over the shirt, troll horns and tail. Which, is basically all the complicated stuff. xD I don't need to buy a wig, luckily, because my hair pretty much looks like her's anyway, it's just the wrong colour.

It's official, I'm gonna cosplay as Nightmare Gaz from Invader ZIM at next year's Comicon >:D !! I'm probably gonna need a purple wig, lots of hair product, a skull cap, black and white make up, clay, pink tights, grey opera gloves, a black marker, some white plastic, some wire, a short black dress, some modified hoof shoes, fake nails, rubber cement, different colored paint, and some juice boxes.

I haven't ever cosplayed, and it looks like I'm not going to do it anywhere soon because there are not any conventions where I live.
If I manage to move out when I'm on for college, I may participate once for the lulz.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom