• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Could Burgundy appear?

I seriously doubt it. She has no reason to appear now that Cilan isn't part of the cast and I don't know if Kalos has something like Pokemon Connoisseur for people to work on. Besides that, if they wouldn't give her a proper appearance after the World Tournament Junior Cup, I don't think they'd bring her back in XY. If Cilan was still traveling with Ash, maybe there would be a slight chance, but even then, it would be extremely unlikely given how pointless their rivalry turned out to be.

Doubt it. She may speak French but she was pretty irrelevant in the end. Besides if any past rival would appear it would most likely be one of Ash's old rivals.

I don't think she'll appear in the XY series. There might be a way though that she could appear, like if/when Cilan returns for 1 or a few episodes they could run into her at a tournament or something.

No way, writers didn't respect her even when the series was going, they probably forgot about her now.

Nope. Uh-uh. No way, no how :eek:hdear:

Sorry, but there's no point. Without Cilan--or at least Pokémon evaluating--it would just be random nonsense.

As much as I'd like her to have another chance after the way she was TOTALLY screwed over in the Junior Cup, it just ain't happening

I think bringing her back just because of that small detail would be silly. Without Cilan in the group an appearence of her would be void and pointless, her entire character is built around him.
By the way, it is clear the writers never intended to use her character for more than just comedic effect since she is always portrayed as a joke rival, so I think it is better for the anime to just forget about her. If a character will not bring anything of value, just don't bring it back.

Why should she be there if Cilan is not? Wants revenge on Ash for defeating her? Nope. I bet we will never see her again(except in flashbacks).

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom