• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Could somebody from the admins put this data about Pokemon on Bulbapedia?

Matleo

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
- want to know how many of all pokemon in % are faster/slower then my pokemon
(+ seperate types that it is SE against and that are SE to it)

- want to know how many of all pokemon % have lower/higher Defense then the Attack of my pokemon

- want to know how many of all pokemon % have lower/higher Sp.Defense then the Special Attack of my pokemon

this should be done for every single pokemon by now.

all of this also can be done also about pokemon that are SE against each other, lets say by types also.

Last edited:
This seems to be something you want, since you want data on what is good/bad against your Pokémon. Nevertheless, Bulbapedia is not a strategy guide.

This seems to be something you want, since you want data on what is good/bad against your Pokémon. Nevertheless, Bulbapedia is not a strategy guide.

Not only against but also to know its strenghst better between all generations to compare all of them better and to know all niches and in-game play groups.
The creator probably have something like that when they try to create new pokemon or not?..

Wouldnt it be bad to know how many % of pokemon we know are faster/slower then a single pokemon?

You're asking for something hugely complicated. It's really not worth the effort.

if something is complicated then its worth every effort... like love, football, cricket and every thing in life that has a meaning...
+ smogon has time to ban everything why not make them work more on this too. If bulpadeia starts maybe people from there will be more ambitious, maybe make a tournament what fanbased makes more better and quicker?

The data itself would be interresting, we would see what we still miss in the niches and categories in the metagame.

How many do we have :

-special sweepers
-physical sweepers
-mixed sweepers

-special walls
-physical walls
-mixedl walls

-special wallbreakers
-physical wallbreakers
-mixed wallbreakers

-other classes and branches ???
trappers? phasers? galls canons? bulky sweepers? revenge killers?

after 7 generations?

The proportions are very important in the metagame... like of slow and fast pokemon, types and other things.

What are "sweepers?"? - PokéBase Pokémon Answers

Last edited:
Again, Bulbapedia is not a strategy guide. We will not be detailing the nitty gritty of competitive battling, you have Smogon for that.

funny on smogon they say that bulbapedia is the right place for that...
Realy lazy people every where...

Realy lazy people every where...
Smogon and Bulbapedia are both completely free, and their staff don't get paid for what they do. It's not very considerate to call them lazy just because their resources don't include what you want, especially since you're asking other people to do something for free instead of putting in the effort to gather the data yourself.

For your question of percentages of Pokemon with higher/lower stats than certain Pokemon, that can be found by visiting this page. Sort the chart by what stat you're looking for, and you can find what Pokemon have a higher stat, and what Pokemon have a lower stat. You can calculate percentages if you'd like, but I think representing the data as a fraction would serve you just as well.

Smogon and Bulbapedia are both completely free, and their staff don't get paid for what they do. It's not very considerate to call them lazy just because their resources don't include what you want, especially since you're asking other people to do something for free instead of putting in the effort to gather the data yourself.

You dont know if all are really for free, some could be hired by Game Freak or pokemon company and work like secret spies...
+ weird that they don't earn money on advertising products of firms, if cheap prices they would have for computers and etcetera, or somebody does pay them for this sites? they are talking about game related stuff...
Yes but I "Hoped" that here is maybe someone smarter and better then me at programing stuff and could put that data into a easy program which would show us how many and what are having the things I listed alredy above...

People are lazy, especially inteligent people, better if they would do something good than bad.
Also whats the problem with calling people lazy? if you are really hard working You will know that there is a need of remiding others also about hard work, laziness , smartness, good and bad stuff in this world... without fear to be "considerated" or not "considerated"... or even "offended" personally every time somebody writes about something like this or that...

This maybe would open peoples eyes on some things about the games themselfs and maybe more.

Your priorities are not necessarily everyone else's. If anyone can be called lazy for not acting on your priorities, it's "you". Be the change you wish to see in the world.

The metagame/strategy is precisely not our sphere. If you want it, do it yourself or find someplace else that will. For the last time, I hope: we won't. Period. You're not going to change anyone's mind on this.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom