• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Could we possibly see the giants that Arceus faced in this game?

Could we possibly see the giants that the titular legendary/mythical faced in Legends: Arceus?

• Yes we will.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No we won't.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Yes, but only in regards to expanded backstory.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Not quite sure.

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

Kallyle

Starwalker Neo
Reaction score
Since Legends: Arceus shall supposedly shed some more light on the enigmatic Arceus, I figured that this would be a good topic to bring up. One of the several engravings of the plates utilized by Arceus to change its type mentions the following:

2nd plate obtained said:
The power of defeated giants infuses this Plate.

Prior to reveal of what we would come to know as BDSP and Legends: Arceus, people speculated that these giants might have been related to Dynamax in some form for the Gen IV remakes. Considering the types of games BDSP are turning out to be, this line of thinking has been debunked. However, despite the title of the game involving this section's titular legendary/mythical, I haven't really seen the topic of these giants resurface here. This has led me to create this very thread!

So, my question to you is this: do you think Pokémon Legends: Arceus will involve/feature the giants Arceus supposedly subjugated? If so, then in what context will they appear? Discuss!

Since Legends: Arceus shall supposedly shed some more light on the enigmatic Arceus, I figured that this would be a good topic to bring up. One of the several engravings of the plates utilized by Arceus to change its type mentions the following:

Prior to reveal of what we would come to know as BDSP and Legends: Arceus, people speculated that these giants might have been related to Dynamax in some form for the Gen IV remakes. Considering the types of games BDSP are turning out to be, this line of thinking has been debunked. However, despite the title of the game involving this section's titular legendary/mythical, I haven't really seen the topic of these giants resurface here. This has led me to create this very thread!

So, my question to you is this: do you think Pokémon Legends: Arceus will involve/feature the giants Arceus supposedly subjugated? If so, then in what context will they appear? Discuss!

I think those Giants are the Legendary Golems.

I think those Giants are the Legendary Golems.
Considering that the golems/titans are relatively normal heights, with the tallest (Regidrago) being 6'11"/2.1m, I don't think "giants" refers to them. Instead, I think there's a possibility that "giants" refers to the box legendaries which, while not exactly super big, are relatively tall at least compared to most other Pokémon.

Considering that the golems/titans are relatively normal heights, with the tallest (Regidrago) being 6'11"/2.1m, I don't think "giants" refers to them. Instead, I think there's a possibility that "giants" refers to the box legendaries which, while not exactly super big, are relatively tall at least compared to most other Pokémon.

Thinking about that, Giants might also refer to the Dynamax phenomenon, which might have been a thing in more regions than Galar in the past, with only Galar trying to preserve the feature.

I don't see Dynamax being a thing in this game, and without it "giants" would ring hollow. That Sirfetch'd boss from the leaked screenshot was normal size despite the weird design.

Also, I remember that people speculated about the UBs being "giants" when they thought remakes would be released during the last generation. It just goes to show that maybe fans are a little too eager to see Arceus be almighty? It's conceivable that Eternatus has counterparts out there for the other 15 types, but that would get old pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Also, I remember that people speculated about the UBs being "giants" when they thought remakes would be released during the last generation.

The fact that the nature of these giants is so vague as to be so flexible also kinda suggests to me that they're not really supposed to be all that important. I feel like they're probably just meant to be stock mythology figures - nebulous pre-gods representing the chaos that was the universe before Arceus's birth. It's all a myth, and Arceus "defeating" these figures is just symbolic of it replacing the primordial void with a world of order and structure. None of which necessarily even happened in reality to begin with, of course - but it makes sense that the ancient humans deifying Arceus would come up with that kind of story.

Just in general, the giants are such an obscure, minor point in the origin story. They're so not the point of what's being communicated by the myths, and I would bet that the writers really didn't expect fandom to latch onto that particular detail so tightly for the next 15 years.

The fact that the nature of these giants is so vague as to be so flexible also kinda suggests to me that they're not really supposed to be all that important. I feel like they're probably just meant to be stock mythology figures - nebulous pre-gods representing the chaos that was the universe before Arceus's birth. It's all a myth, and Arceus "defeating" these figures is just symbolic of it replacing the primordial void with a world of order and structure. None of which necessarily even happened in reality to begin with, of course - but it makes sense that the ancient humans deifying Arceus would come up with that kind of story.

Just in general, the giants are such an obscure, minor point in the origin story. They're so not the point of what's being communicated by the myths, and I would bet that the writers really didn't expect fandom to latch onto that particular detail so tightly for the next 15 years.
Perhpas the "giants" were other legendary Pokémon?

“When the Universe was created, its shards became this Plate.” (Mind and Splash plates)

“The power of defeated giants infuses this Plate.” (Fist and Meadow plates)

Meh. It's pretty obvious that Game Freak were just trying to be creative with the Plate descriptions. Shards, giants, potato potato...

It's clear that the types were tamed by Arceus (according to the myth). They absolutely don't need to have been actual Pokemon.

I wouldn't read too much into flavour text for in-game objects unless its brought up by an important NPC. Like what Silktree said above GameFreak was probably just trying to do something fun with the plates.

We have "Shadow" Pokemon instead, but they aren't even important enough to be mentioned on any of the official sites.

I really hope this isn't just dynamax/gigantimax but it wouldn't surprise me that much though it does seem mysteries surrounding Arceus are going to be a theme in this game,so I wouldn't be surprised if its not talked about at least. I'm not expecting much though.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom