• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Cover music enjoyer? Share em here!

ComicMimic

Kagamine Len fan !!
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. They/Them
  2. Any
Anyone else love cover songs? Lemme hear them!! I love cover music! (Cover music is songs originally made by one person and sang by them (and sometimes sang by Vocaloids), but someone else sings that song, and it is called Cover music.

Some of my favorite cover music is:

• Bitter Choco Decoration (Syudou’s self cover)
  • Tondemo Wonders (Uratanuki cover)
  • Darling Dance (MafuMafu cover)
  • Venom (UraShimaSakataSen cover)
  • Fixer (Soraru ans Nqrse cover)
  • Fragile (Soraru and Luz cover)
  • Getting faster and faster (Soraru and MafuMafu cover)
  • Happy Halloween (UraShimaSakataSen cover)

I don't usually listen to covers, but sure there's a few that I'm attached to:

Ángel - Mafumafu (original: Kairiki Bear)
- I actually can't find the original version of this song, I'm assuming it's region-locked or something, but this cover easily makes up for it. Love the high notes.
Lemming Ming - Chogakusei (original: Kairiki Bear)
- I like the original better, but the harsher vocals fit the song pretty well too. Now that I think about it, these vocals would be so good with the kemu remix...
villain - nanawoakari (original: teniwoha)
- It feels like sacrilege to say that I prefer a cover when the original uses flower, but Nanawo's voice just works so well with this song. (This song is weird, by the way. Genuinely I have no clue what the message is.)
Ghosts Play to the Audience - nanawoakari (original: PinocchioP)
- I prefer the original, but I like nanawoakari and this cover is still pretty good, so it goes here.
Non-Vocaloid stuff:
Fire Woman - Crush 40 (original: The Cult)
- I don't particularly like the original, so this one's an improvement. Then again, it's tough to compete with Crush 40 in my mind.
I Am... All of Me - Victor McKnight/Penny Parker (original: Crush 40)
- Nothing beats the original, but these vocals are SO GOOD. Awesome guitars too.
Does I'm Here - Revisited count as a cover? I'm gonna assume it does. Kellin Quinn W.
I like all of NateWantsToBattle's Sonic covers too, can't pick a favorite.

Last edited:
Dropping back in here because I just discovered Chogakusei's cover of phony (original by Tsumiki) and it's amazing. It sounds a lot angrier than the original (particularly in the chorus) and it's just so satisfying to listen to. Chogakusei does really good covers in general, he's got a very unique voice.

I love Sati Akura's covers!! That's the music I listen to the most ^^;

My favourite ones, or rather her covers that I like more than the originals, would be these::

Oh oh oh there’s someone called Rachel zegler (she’s an actress now) and there’s a bunch of covers (mostly Taylor swift) on her YouTube channel from a few years ago that I love! (She’s the actress of Lucy gray from the new hunger games movie so that’s cool!! That’s why I found her channel lol)

Disclaimer: I know she’s been getting hate for what she said about Snow White but honestly? It was literally one thing and people shouldn’t be hating on her that much. Like let her live. And from the interviews I’ve seen from the hunger games movie she’s a nice person I feel like I have a lot in common with!

to excuse this from become a Rachel zegler appreciation/defence post, here’s a cover she did of safe and sound by Taylor swift!

She does talk about about her life but her singing is beautiful

What’s coincidental is that this song was written for the original hunger games movie and she did this cover a couple years before she was cast in the prequel movie! (Aaah I wanna meet Rachel zegler oh arceus this is a post of me fangirling over her hehe…)

Just discovered this cool cover of Lisa Lougheed's Run With Us by some guy named Matt Fishel (I was trying to find Lisa's original version on Spotify, but found this one instead). While not quite as epic as the original, it's actually pretty solid for a cover. Some people here will probably know this particular song as the ending theme to The Raccoons (a Canadian show that was very popular here in the UK, to the point where it was repeated endlessly throughout the 90's).

I recently came across this guy, Peyton Parrish, who's done these amazing rock covers of various Disney songs. His versions of Let It Go, Colours of The Wind and Go The Distance are pretty epic, but I especially love his take on The Lion Sleeps Tonight.

Back
Top Bottom