• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Crack Pairings - A discussion

Well, I thought it was fairly random. :/

/shrugs
I guess what's random to some people might not be random to others.
I just always think of crack ships as pairings that are really out there (i.e. the characters have never met or are completely incompatible in canon).

Giovanni x Cassidy all the way :D I have been a fan of it since I watched "Showdown at the Oak Corral!" a few years back. In the episode, Cassidy stated that she has dreamt of being a queen since she was a young girl. Giovanni, being a wealthy and powerful crime lord, could provide her with the riches necessary for her to become a queen. Plus, she is an attractive woman. I cannot see a player like Giovanni passing her up.

I also like Diamondshipping as a past relationship and with Giovanni being Ash's father.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure all of the pairings I'm "seriously" into all make some amount of sense. I say "seriously" because I find it hard to come up with realistic scenarios of how/why certain characters would meet. There are at least a few crack pairings that interest me, just that I'm not likely to do anything with them:

Jirarudan/Joel, because they both seem very elegant and sophisticated and stuff. And I imagine Joel to have a similar accent. And the fact that Jirarudan's actions were obviously something Rangers would not be too happy with. Now that would be a pretty awesome storyline, at least in theory.

Anything with Rico (from "A Poached Ego") greatly amuses me. Although in my personal backstory for him, I don't ship him with anyone because I want him all to myself I just can't see it ending well.

Damian (guy who abandoned his charmander)/Dario (Flame Pokemon-A-Thon) - oh my god they would be DELICIOUS together. So much ego and rough-and-tumble sex and biting and Dario telling Damian how much of a little pansy he is while he screws his brains out. Or the other way around. I'm not picky. It'd just be pure unadulterated SEXY. And full of hot accents. Hell yeah. They'd be total screamers in bed too. So loud. Yum.

...AND THIS. This is made of awesome and just reading the description made me drool. Someone please write this.

You mean like the ones in the above pic?

Well, your pic isn't showing up for me, but I found it anyhow. ;D
Is that Flannery & Winona? [n'aww cute yuri ship <3] If it is, then I don't really consider that crack, since they're both part of the Hoenn League & thus there is a good chance of them having met at one point or another. Plus, I can see their personalities working in an "opposites attract" sort of sense.

I mean, I s'pose it could be considered crack since they haven't officially interacted in canon, but in my opinion it's not.

For me, crack is something like...
Autumnshipping [winona & erika]
^ i ship this hard, for the record x3

I've never really gotten into many crack shippings, but some of these sound so interesting. XD My favorite that could be considered a crack ship would probably be Ironwillshipping (GenxHikaru or RileyxDawn). I like the idea of them together. I can see Riley being the protective, big brother type to Dawn. There's a big age gap I 'spose, but I still think it's cute. c:

Oh, and how I forgot this one I don't know but...
Sir Aaron x Riley- I like this one a lot. It provides so many fanfiction ideas.

I've read worse, so it doesn't affect me so much, but I still found it weird. In a detached, objective way, y'know?

It was the pairing that got me. I was like..."The mother of May..? With Ash? D: THIS IS ADVANCESHIPPING GONE WRONG!"

I've read worse, alot worse...But the pairing was bearable...Well, not really. It was the worst Pokemon fic written EVER. I don't mean the grammer, spelling and stuff. That was top notc, but the plot, was horrible, it was gruelsome, it was a written horror movie but worse ><"

...AND THIS. This is made of awesome and just reading the description made me drool. Someone please write this.

I've drawn it a couple of times and I have smut art planned XD I got one of my friends into it pretty hard too, and now she's drawing some for me as well. XD I can PM you some of the existing art already if you like XD

Also, I love your icon ;; holy crap damian is hot.

I've drawn it a couple of times and I have smut art planned XD I got one of my friends into it pretty hard too, and now she's drawing some for me as well. XD I can PM you some of the existing art already if you like XD

Also, I love your icon ;; holy crap damian is hot.

Oh god yes please do. I looooove Damian. In fact, now *I* need to draw this, haha.

8D I think i love you

No one cares about damian ;; safkjkladfsjjadf people overlook just how awesome he is because he abandoned a Pokemon that kept losing battles for him

oh well. Their loss, Dario's gain. >D muahaha.

^ Oh my GAWD, Dario/Damian sounds completely smexy. *I think you've just made me want to draw it too . . .*

CRACK PAIRINGS = <3

. . . Most of mine are basically formed due to RPs or from AIM or MSN chats. Just for the LULZ.

Heck, at least once someone makes fanart of it, I feel it's even more shipworthy. (Most of the ships I support ARE CRACKships.)

My biggest three are IronWill, HoennChampion, and Curtain, lol. I love IronWill and HoennChampion because I love pairing up Dawn and May with the hotter older guys, rather than the male protagonists, even though I do love Hoennshipping, I just love HoennChampion a bit more! Curtain because...well, fan art got me into this one. Reggie and Maylene just seem like they would be really cute together. I find them adorable. :)

Another one is Alexandrianshipping. Yes, it is really only because Jasmine is in Sinnoh, lol, and I think she and Volkner would make the perfect pair. Mossshipping, too. Roark is obsessed with rocks, Gardenia grass pokemon. It'd be interesting to see how their relationship would play out.

I don't think I support much else that is considered "crack." I'll come back here and edit my post if I think of something else.

My biggest three are IronWill, HoennChampion, and Curtain, lol. I love IronWill and HoennChampion because I love pairing up Dawn and May with the hotter older guys, rather than the male protagonists, even though I do love Hoennshipping, I just love HoennChampion a bit more! Curtain because...well, fan art got me into this one. Reggie and Maylene just seem like they would be really cute together. I find them adorable. :)

Another one is Alexandrianshipping. Yes, it is really only because Jasmine is in Sinnoh, lol, and I think she and Volkner would make the perfect pair. Mossshipping, too. Roark is obsessed with rocks, Gardenia grass pokemon. It'd be interesting to see how their relationship would play out.

Is it bad that out of all those, Alexandrian is the only one I consider crack? >w<
I mean, Reggie & Maylene met and interacted in the anime, and Steven practically stalks your character in RSE. TENSAISHIPPING :D

Anywho, I recently fell in love with a random CotD ship - Brad van Darn & Fiorello Cappucino [actorshipping]. I just think it would be adorable. <3 I have a whole scenario for those two planned out in my mind. xD

Wow I never realized how many CotD characters were shipped together!

I remember awhile ago I liked the pairing of Shingo and Chigusa (girl with the Hitmontop.) Forgot if it had a name.

Anywho, I recently fell in love with a random CotD ship - Brad van Darn & Fiorello Cappucino [actorshipping]. I just think it would be adorable. <3 I have a whole scenario for those two planned out in my mind. xD

HOLY BALLS I LOVE YOU FOR THAT. please share this scenario :B Fio/Brad is delicious and I ship it pretty hard >D

And also at Juuchan: YES YOU SHOULD 8D draw eeeeeeet. those two would totally bring out the best and the worst in each other.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom