• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Crafting System and Item Discussion

SpinyShell

Reaction score
gameplay_heavy_1.jpg
So we now know that there's going to be a crafting system in this game. Not only that, I've noticed that it seems like some items have new properties. For example, it appears Heavy Balls no longer have an increased catch rate based on weight; instead, per the website, "Heavy Balls are a special variety of Poké Balls that are more effective at catching Pokémon that haven’t yet noticed you. They’re heavier than regular Poké Balls, so they don’t fly very far." Since crafting naturally covers items new and old, I thought I'd make thread for discussing the crafting system, new items, and changes to old ones.

Edit: Also, I think we may see an item storage system.

Poke Dragon

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
Since Apricorns does make a return, I can see Apricorn trees making their return as it makes sense that most craftable items will be from natural resources. For example, wood is very likely to be needed to craft Poke Balls judging by their appearance.

SpinyShell

Reaction score
Since Apricorns does make a return, I can see Apricorn trees making their return as it makes sense that most craftable items will be from natural resources. For example, wood is very likely to be needed to craft Poke Balls judging by their appearance.
In the two ball recipes on the site, the only ingredients shown are Apricorns and a type of rock called a tumblestone. So I don't think wood will be part of the crafting recipe unless the Pokeball is nature based; I think the woody appearance is from the Apricorn shell.

What's really interesting to note is that both the regular and Heavy Balls use the same Apricorn--unlike previous iterations of Apricorn Balls--for their recipe but differ in the tumblestone used: regular Pokeballs use a reddish item that is just called "Tumblestone" while the Heavy Ball uses a dark grey "Black Tumblestone."

Emmy

Cam Girl~
Reaction score
Hmm...a crafting system eh? Hopefully it won't be too annoying. Cool to see Apricorns make a comeback though.

I suspect that shot of the Lucario striking the tree and stuff falling down may play into item gathering for this system.

TRNatalie

Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
Is it weird I’m really excited for this feature? I don’t know why but it just seems like a good time. I’m excited to see if there will be different kinds of apricorns along with all the different Tumblestones. I’m wondering how many different kinds of Poké Balls we’ll get to see in this game or if there’ll be any new and more of the items used for dealing with wild Pokémon. Also is it just me or it there a Revive in the right corner of the inventory. I’m wondering if it suggests we’ll be making our own medicines too?

*Edited because I noticed an ancient PokéBall in the trailer that looks a lot like a Great Ball so they’re back.

Last edited:

Esiouqrut

Greenish-Blue Trainer (?)
Reaction score
Pronouns
Жe/Жir/Жem
Also is it just me or it there a Revive in the right corner of the inventory. I’m wondering if it suggests we’ll be making our own medicines too?
Probably. The one on the left of it looks like a potion, too, so it's most likely we'll be able to make some others.

There's also an item called Smoke Bomb which allows you to sneak on a wild Pokémon without them noticing, which I think is very nice.

gameplay_smoke_1.jpg

I'm curious about that hand icon, though. And the star icon might be for favourite items?

Poke Dragon

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
I'm still holding on to the idea that we will have to remove some sort of plant for some of these crafting recipes, it would be unrealistic not to have some sort of removable plant or tree in a time where gathering natural resources while traveling a region that's mostly wilderness compared to its modern version.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Top Bottom