• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Crafting System and Item Discussion

Phosphene

Formerly SpinyShell
Reaction score
gameplay_heavy_1.jpg
So we now know that there's going to be a crafting system in this game. Not only that, I've noticed that it seems like some items have new properties. For example, it appears Heavy Balls no longer have an increased catch rate based on weight; instead, per the website, "Heavy Balls are a special variety of Poké Balls that are more effective at catching Pokémon that haven’t yet noticed you. They’re heavier than regular Poké Balls, so they don’t fly very far." Since crafting naturally covers items new and old, I thought I'd make thread for discussing the crafting system, new items, and changes to old ones.

Edit: Also, I think we may see an item storage system.

Since Apricorns does make a return, I can see Apricorn trees making their return as it makes sense that most craftable items will be from natural resources. For example, wood is very likely to be needed to craft Poke Balls judging by their appearance.

Since Apricorns does make a return, I can see Apricorn trees making their return as it makes sense that most craftable items will be from natural resources. For example, wood is very likely to be needed to craft Poke Balls judging by their appearance.
In the two ball recipes on the site, the only ingredients shown are Apricorns and a type of rock called a tumblestone. So I don't think wood will be part of the crafting recipe unless the Pokeball is nature based; I think the woody appearance is from the Apricorn shell.

What's really interesting to note is that both the regular and Heavy Balls use the same Apricorn--unlike previous iterations of Apricorn Balls--for their recipe but differ in the tumblestone used: regular Pokeballs use a reddish item that is just called "Tumblestone" while the Heavy Ball uses a dark grey "Black Tumblestone."

Is it weird I’m really excited for this feature? I don’t know why but it just seems like a good time. I’m excited to see if there will be different kinds of apricorns along with all the different Tumblestones. I’m wondering how many different kinds of Poké Balls we’ll get to see in this game or if there’ll be any new and more of the items used for dealing with wild Pokémon. Also is it just me or it there a Revive in the right corner of the inventory. I’m wondering if it suggests we’ll be making our own medicines too?

*Edited because I noticed an ancient PokéBall in the trailer that looks a lot like a Great Ball so they’re back.

Last edited:
Also is it just me or it there a Revive in the right corner of the inventory. I’m wondering if it suggests we’ll be making our own medicines too?
Probably. The one on the left of it looks like a potion, too, so it's most likely we'll be able to make some others.

There's also an item called Smoke Bomb which allows you to sneak on a wild Pokémon without them noticing, which I think is very nice.

gameplay_smoke_1.jpg

I'm curious about that hand icon, though. And the star icon might be for favourite items?

I'm still holding on to the idea that we will have to remove some sort of plant for some of these crafting recipes, it would be unrealistic not to have some sort of removable plant or tree in a time where gathering natural resources while traveling a region that's mostly wilderness compared to its modern version.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom