• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MATURE: Crazytown

Cabaret

I feel so much spring...
Reaction score
So to mark my return to Bulbagarden, I give you a short and sweet prologue to my newest story I've been working on. In case you are unfamiliar with my writing, I warn you that I tend to deal with "experimental fanfiction" which entails me to break many conventions and things that people might be used to in most fanfiction. Crazytown is sort of a breakaway from A Little Bit of Good. I had so much fun writing someones trip to insanity in that fic, that I decided to write a fic that explored all realms of it exclusively. Anyways, review and comment and tell me what you think.

Crazytown

Prologue

….

Sense

sense

so sweet

sense

sense

Tis sweet

I still

Smell and see

and yet

the fact is killing me

the fact is killing me

the fact is killing

is killing

is killing

is killing

….

We don’t speak of time or travels, why should we? We don’t talk of life or rules, or days gone by, or happy lives. We live in an exile, a cool sweet seclusion. We’re the proverbial bag eggs. We live in a hole. But this ain’t no wonderland, hon.

“Cool down, son.” I say to the boy as he lifts his head. He’s been beaten badly. They all have.

“Wh-where am I?” he asks. They always ask.

“You’re where people go when enough people think they should be gone.”

“Wh-what?”

His eyes, they’re this wonderful brown. His tears, they dry quickly. His face, well, his face is almost perfection. He’s scared and lost. It’s too hilarious even thinking about it now.

“I’ll cut to the chase. There’s not much else to cut to, anyways. This is The Hole. You were a pokémon trainer, were you not?”

“I was. I mean, I am.” he utters, crying. He looks around, taking in his new surroundings. Guess there’s not much to see, I’d suppose. The Hole is no eye-candy.

“Well you’re not a trainer anymore. You did something to warrant coming here, I know you did.” I tell him firmly, I make sure to be blunt and, dare I say, mystical. They never fight back if they think I’m some sort of mystical being.

“I…”

“Yes, that is in fact a letter. You’re going to have to be more respondent though if you want people to help you, and I’m trying to help you.”

The boy takes his hat off, showing more of that brown hair that effortlessly escaped from under the cap. He shows pain in just lifting his arm, it seems. He’ll be more difficult to help than I was hoping.

“I…was battling.” He trembles, it seems. Well dammit all, darling. Can’t help him if he’s going to go about this as this speed.

“Tell me later if you must. You’re quivering. You need some help.”

I hoisted the boy onto my back, being careful not to hurt him too much in the process. I should probably work on my muscle mass, for I’m not exactly in the best physical shape. Well, I suppose that’s not true, because I guess I don’t really do much lifting. Maybe I just don’t do enough arm exercise’s…not much time to exercise…my thoughts wonder, I’m sorry. Anyways, I found the boy in one of the deeper areas of The Hole, which is rare because usually they’re transported to the outer core. I knew he was a fresh transport because of his look, for the clothes were just too foreign to be from town. Walking back to town with him wouldn’t be too big of a problem, and I doubted that anyone would give me a hard time if they saw him. Besides, if they wanted any trouble I could always take out the knife.

…..
I am keeping time

I am keeping time

I am keeping time

I am keeping time.

…..

Crazytown.

You'll enjoy your stay.

Intriguingly good start. There's obviously a lot of expanding information in this fic and I'm really interested to see where this is going.

Hard to say much else as the cards are being kept close to your chest but I'll definitely look out for the next installment.

Well that certainly was an intriguing start. Your writing seems to flow easily, and is straight to the point, there are almost no mistakes, the only one I could find was this:

Can’t help him if he’s going to go about this as at this speed.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom