• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Create-A-Challenge!

This one's probably too easy, but try it anyway

When facing Gyms and the Elite four, you're not to bring any Pokémon that have supereffective types or attacks against that gym (no Grass Pokémon in a Rock Gym)
Don't level grind
Starters not allowed at all in the Gyms, regardless of type advantage
Against the E4, you may have to bring Pokémon that're Supereffective to one trainer but not another. Just don't use it if it has a type advantage

Bonus rules:
Vs. Brock: Don't grow Butterfree (Confusion is very powerful against Onix)
Vs. Whitney: only use Male Pokémon

To make it harder (or at least more time-consuming), don't use the Underground in the Sinnoh games as it's too easy of a way to make money.

Also, in Red/Yellow this would theoratically be impossible because trainers only fight once (Meowth was in Blue and it had Pay Day, so money was unlimited)

And is buying more Poké Balls considered unneccesary spending?

THere's a TM for Pay Day in RBY, and stuff other than Meowth can learn it.

The God-Mode Challenge

(requires hacking)

Once you have cleared the game to battle the Elite Four for the first time, hack your save file so that you have exactly one Level 100 Arceus in your party. (For DPPt/HGSS only.) Make it shiny as a marker that you're using it for this challenge [optional].

You may give it any move set you want, and any customizations, any IV's, personality value, etc.

The challenge: Defeat the Elite Four with just this one Arceus. You may not use any items in battle.

Last edited:
Heart Attack Challenge

• You may use any Pokemon, but only if it's unevolved or not legendary.
  • NEVER heal at a Pokemon Center or your house/Elm's lab, unless your entire party faints and your player blacks/whites out, or if an NPC stops you to heal. You may only use items.
  • You cannot run away from wild battles or use any repels.
  • You may only buy up to 10 Poke Balls at a time.
  • You must fight ALL trainers.
  • Your Pokemon's movesets MUST be limited to one offensive move, two stat-changing moves and one moves that damages the defending Pokemon and changes a stat(s). If you catch a wild Pokemon not meeting these requirements, you must either teach them new moves or release the Pokemon.

The God-Mode Challenge

(requires hacking)

Once you have cleared the game to battle the Elite Four for the first time, hack your save file so that you have exactly one Level 100 Arceus in your party. (For DPPt/HGSS only.) Make it shiny as a marker that you're using it for this challenge [optional].

You may give it any move set you want, and any customizations, any IV's, personality value, etc.

The challenge: Defeat the Elite Four with just this one Arceus. You may not use any items in battle.

I dont know about Arceus, but i've beat the Pearl league with one guy, no items twice lv 100 Latios, and lv 91 Palkia, so i imagine Arcues wouldn't be tooo difficult

I dont know about Arceus, but i've beat the Pearl league with one guy, no items twice lv 100 Latios, and lv 91 Palkia, so i imagine Arcues wouldn't be tooo difficult

Crap. It seems that my challenge is out the window, then. (Wait, by "league", you mean the Elite Four?)

Okay then, no items outside of battle either.

Crap. It seems that my challenge is out the window, then. (Wait, by "league", you mean the Elite Four?)

Okay then, no items outside of battle either.

yes, by league i meant Elite 4 sorry, old habit. Short for Pokemon League...and i meant i did that with no items period. The advanced elite 4 in Platinum, and HG/SS might be more challenging though

The Ultimate Pokémon Challenge: Using The Same Pokémon To Beat All Regions

Yes, this is the ultimate pokémon challenge; using the same pokémon to beat all the regions. This is better than beating all the generations, because then you can only use Gen I pokémon. Anyway, the best example to do this is by completing FRLG, HGSS, RSE, DPPT. That way, you can use Gen I - III pokémon in all the games. This means that you have no way of using the Gen IV pokémon.

Rules:
  • You can only use one pokémon as a battler in all the regions. It MUST always be the same pokémon. If you can't use the pokémon at the start of FRLG or RSE, feel free to cheat to get the pokémon at the start of the game.
  • You can use up to three HM slaves.
  • You can save the last two slots for pokémon to heal the battler in battles.
  • You can evolve the pokémon if you want to.
  • You can also use different movesets in the different games.

The possible games you could do this challenge with:

RGBY/GSC/RSE/DPPt
FRLG/GSC/RSE/DPPt
FRLG/HGSS/RSE/DPPt
RGBY/HGSS/RSE/DPPt

You have only finished each region when you have defeated the Elite Four. In the case of GSC/HGSS, you only complete it when you have defeated Red.

And so, you may begin. If you want to join, all you have to say is "I agree to the ultimate pokémon challenge. The pokemon I will choose is ________. The games I will be playing are _/_/_/_"

I agree to the ultimate pokémon challenge. The pokemon I will choose is Slowpoke. The games I will be playing are R/C/E/Pt.

GOT TO GET THEM ALL
basicly get all pokemon in 72 hours
rules:
hacks are alowed but you cant use any cheat to get u more than one pokemon at a time
2:eek:nly allowed to get a pokemon per hour for a pokemon hack like the calculator cheat
3:can use hacks to compliete the pokedex and bagdes and stuff so you can just get going with the challenge
4:can trade but can only trade every 1 hour
5: for hackers began at the start normal people can start any where but have to move or deleted all there pokemon they have on that game

6; tell me if you have done it
and can only do it on p,d,p,ss.hg
and nickname all pokemonz

Last edited:
Swap-up Challenge
For every pokemon that is caught and sent to the PC because of a full party, you must release a pokemon.

Bidoof-only mode.

Rules:
- Catch Bidoof as soon as it becomes available.
- Box your starter as soon as you've caught your first Bidoof.
- You may use as many Bidoofs as you'd like.
- But only Bidoof and Bibarel are allowed.

Sounds fun. *laugh*

Doomsday challenge:
Every time you reach a new area, get ALL pokemon from this area and raise tthem exactly 6 levels higher than they were before you got them, and only battle with them in that area, exchange them when you get to the next area, you can't heal, you also have to find 1 shiny for each area, and after you trade them, you can't use them again, For the E4, you must choose 6 shinies, and you must choose them while blindfolded

i actually did this and its soo hard
but fun though...

This one's just a little tame in comparison to the others, but it's still tough...

Magikarp Challenge
This is best performed in HGSS if you have an event Pokemon and Winner's Path Pokewalker course.
  1. Pick a starter.
  2. Go through Route 29, running away from any wild Pokemon.
  3. At the Cherrygrove City PokeMart, pick up the event Pokemon and Winner's Path Pokewalker course.
  4. Transfer the starter or the event Pokemon to the Pokewalker on the Winner's Path course.
  5. Catch a Magikarp and transfer it back to the game.

With the single Magikarp, clear the rest of the game.
  • Magikarp MAY NOT evolve.
  • No Pokemon but the one Magikarp may be used in battle. If any other Pokemon enters battle, the game must be reset.
  • Wild Pokemon may be captured to use as HM slaves or to put indefinitely in storage.
  • No items other than Poke Balls may be traded from other games.
  • No in-game trades are allowed.

Doomsday challenge:
Every time you reach a new area, get ALL pokemon from this area and raise tthem exactly 6 levels higher than they were before you got them, and only battle with them in that area, exchange them when you get to the next area, you can't heal, you also have to find 1 shiny for each area, and after you trade them, you can't use them again, For the E4, you must choose 6 shinies, and you must choose them while blindfolded

i actually did this and its soo hard
but fun though...

How did you manage to get THAT MANY SHINIES? I CANT EVEN FIND ONE!

Tried to think up something serious.

The 2x3 Challenge
1. Choose two types. You may only use Pokemon of those two types and only those two types.
2. You must complete the game using up to three Pokemon of the chosen type only. They single-typed with one of the types, or dual with both. For example, if you picked Water/Poison, you may use Tentacruel, Muk, or Blastoise, but not Quagsire or Toxicroak.
3. You may use Pokemon that gain an unchosen type, so long as you do not evolve them. So if you didn't choose Steel, you may still use a Prinplup if you chose Water.
4. You are allowed to obtain Pokemon that evolve into the chosen types, so long as you evolve them as quickly and with as few battles as possible. With Poison/Dark, you can use Skorupi, but must get it to Drapion ASAP.
5. The challenge begins as soon as you can obtain a Pokemon that meets your qualifications, after which all other Pokemon must be deposited into the box. You may optionally choose not to factor in Starters if their evolution obtains an unchosen type.
6. Trading with, or otherwise interacting with other games is not permitted.
7. You may not use multiple Pokemon from the same evolutionary chain.
8. HM Slaves are not permitted, unless you must use it, and there is no Pokemon available within your chosen types that can use the move. All other mandatory HM moves must be placed on your main Pokemon.
9. OPTIONAL: Do not breed or teach your Pokemon TMs.
10. OPTIONAL: Don't use X-Items in battle.
11. OPTIONAL: You may choose up to six Pokemon to train, so long as you only have up to three in your party at a time.
12. OPTIONAL: The Power of Three - choose three types instead.

The idea with this is to really get you thinking about what exactly you need to succeed. It's a different way to play that isn't too ridiculous. Rule 8 is where it could get interesting - so many times it's easy to just get by those moves by using whatever, but with them out of the picture in an already-shrunken world, it could prove quite challenging. Rules 9 and 10 are there to increase the challenge - additional moves might open up too many possibilities, and an X-Item swarm can dominate more than most players think. Rules 11 and 12 can relax it, and the latter might make it a bit more fun. If you aren't having fun with a challenge, then doing it more proves a penchant for masochism than anything else.

I think a general anti-HM-slave rule would be:

No Pokémon may have more than 2 moves that are usable outside of battle.

Here have some challenges that have to do with shinies, but I guess they're insane since some people just aren't lucky to begin with, unless they're shiny hunters on purpose.

Shiny Pokemon Challenge

-The objective of this is beating the Elite Four and the Champion (obvious difference if you're using B/W). Generation III-onward only.
-You must ONLY use Shiny Pokemon. You have to proceed with the first ID number you get, and of course, reset for the starter.
-You may only catch a Pokemon in the wild if it has the sparkles. (Optional: you can use non-shiny HM slaves if in need) This means, if you only have the shiny starter, you must only use it, but if you have another shiny Pokemon, good for you.
-Gift Pokemon, trading and breeding are not allowed. However, in-game eggs are optional: you can hatch them and store them if not shiny. I added this rule as some of them are required to proceed the storyline. If you're lucky, this pro will allow you to obtain Lucario (D/P/Pt), Togekiss (Pt/HG/SS), Wobbuffet (R/S/E) or Urgamoth (B/W).
-If Legendaries are not shiny upon first encounter, they must be knocked out. The only exception is in B/W, as Reshiram and Zekrom are required to battle N and also have a programmed shiny-block.
-The Red Gyarados in the Johto games is optional, however.
-Nevertheless, play the game as you'd normally do. But that's the challenge: seeing how lucky you are with this shiny thing. Also, if someone dares and succeeds to complete the challenge and they're not playing their main game, the Pokemon used in the run may be traded to it (if you're doing this, it is advisable to run in Gen III games).
-Action Replay/Gameshark and RNG exploit are not allowed. Pokeradar is excluded from this case as it is obtained post-game.

"Timed" or Long-Term Shiny Pokemon Challenge

-This is a bit more flexible than the other one, but also harder.
-Basic rules (the first two and the last two) apply.
-However, there are changes: in this one you CAN build your team, but you must beforehand plan the result you want and write it down. Then, search thoroughly for the shiny you want. It must also be basic stage or a Pokemon that doesn't evolve when encountered.
-You must stay in that area searching until you find it. You can also capture another shiny that may possibly appear in the area and it's not the one you want, but no changing targets.
-You must save once you encounter and successfully capture it.
-The fourth rule also has a slight change as now you are allowed to reset for some gift Pokemon that can't be encountered in the wild, as it will allow you access to the Eeveelutions, Porygon-Z, ExtremeSpeed Dragonite, the Hitmons and final stages of fossil Pokemon.
-There must be no legendaries in your planned team, though if they appear shiny you can capture them.
-If you're planning to get Gyarados in HG/SS however, you must KO the Red Gyarados. Catch a shiny Magikarp instead.
-Once you assemble your team and complete the game, you must write down the total time you did it in. Challenge is considered failed if the clock hits 999:59 and the team is not ready and/or the game not beaten, though I think that's an extremely unlikely case.

EDIT: I may actually be running the first challenge in FireRed with Squirtle for starter.

Last edited:
Here's another one:

The Total Total Total Challenge

No Pokémon's stat in any one area (excluding HP) may exceed 150.
No Pokémon's stat total may exceed 720.
The total of all stats in the team may not exceed 3500.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom