• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Create-an-Ability

Geodude

Protecting Gotham City
Reaction score
I thought of a few:

Pep Talk
In a 2vs2 battle, when the user's partner's HP drops below 1/3, this ability activates, raising the partner's Attack or Special Attack (whichever is higher) one stage.

Martial Artist
When HP drops below 1/3, raises the power of user's Fighting attacks 1.5x.

Gritty
When HP drops below 1/3, raises the power of user's Normal attacks 1.5x.

Thought it'd be nice to have versions of Torrent, Swarm, etc. for Fighting and Normal types.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: ideas for 5th gen abilities

They could basically create swarm/torrent/bvlaze/overgrow type abilities for all of the types.

Rock = fossilization
Thunder = thunderstorm
Psychic = mind's eye
Poison = toxin buildup
Ground = earth's nutrients
Flying = flock
Normal = determination
Ghost = ectoplasm
Fighting = fighting stance
Steel = iron heart
Ice = Subzero
Dragon = mythic power
Dark = lights out

fear-lowers the foes attack and special attack when switched in

used specifically for some huge new ghost pokemon :)

I want abilities that do things out of battle. Like, healing status problems outside battle, or attract a certain kind of wild pokemon.

Maybe even some that change the usual strategy in the battle system too, like what Trick Room does. After all, they made an ability that made it rain, like a move a generation before.

Mind Meld = Psycic types. Ups the power of allies psychic moves one stage in a double battle.

Sky Dive = Maximises the speed and attack on flying types that have this when HP is 1/3.

Sonic = Zubat line and bats. Ups the chances of encountering rarer wild pokemon at night by 10% and in battle, attacks never miss

In line with the "out of battle" idea...

Treasure Hunter
Increases the chances of finding a wild Pokemon with a held item.

Treasure Hunter
Increases the chances of finding a wild Pokemon with a held item.

But doesn't Compoundeyes do the same thing?

Anyway, in lieu with out-of-battle abilities...

Stone Horde
Ingame text: The Pokémon may find rare stones.
Description: Works in the same way that Pickup and Honey Gather works, only it collects evolutionary stones. 10% chance of one of 10 stones: Fire, Water, Thunder, Moon, Sun, Shiny, Dusk, Dawn, Oval and Everstones.

Break Apart
Ingame text: The Pokémon splits upon defeat.
Description: If this Pokémon is fainted in battle, and there is room in the party, it produces a lvl 1 "clone" of itself with the exact same stats (IVs, gender and other values) as the "parent". Just like Forecast, this ability has no effect if it's Traced or Skill Swapped.

Yes, but not all Pokemon have excellent eyesight.

Break Apart
Ingame text: The Pokémon splits upon defeat.
Description: If this Pokémon is fainted in battle, and there is room in the party, it produces a lvl 1 "clone" of itself with the exact same stats (IVs, gender and other values) as the "parent". Just like Forecast, this ability has no effect if it's Traced or Skill Swapped.

Unless I reading it wrong, doesn't this mean you could basically have loads of lv1 verions of your pokemon and if it had stats the same as your fainted pokemon, leveling the lv1 up would give it extreme stats or something, or does the lv1 pokemon fade away? (Be better if soon as the fainted pokemon is restored to full health, the clone fades away and it cannot be traded) (although you'd try and get people to glitch the clone so it stayed and you could use it like a normal pokemon with abnormal stats.)

Another idea of mine:

hearing aid = in battles, all pokemon with soundproof ability now can hear and soundproof gets ignored (so moves like supersonic, screech, metal sound can be used on them)

Grounded - Immune to Electric Moves

...and basically Abilities that make Pokemon Immune to every type.

The Fear ability is waaaaay overpowered.

Break Apart is broken as hell.

Stone Horde makes it too easy to get stones

Unless I reading it wrong, doesn't this mean you could basically have loads of lv1 verions of your pokemon and if it had stats the same as your fainted pokemon, leveling the lv1 up would give it extreme stats or something, or does the lv1 pokemon fade away? (Be better if soon as the fainted pokemon is restored to full health, the clone fades away and it cannot be traded) (although you'd try and get people to glitch the clone so it stayed and you could use it like a normal pokemon with abnormal stats.)

By same stats, I meant the exact same IVs, ability and gender. The lvl 1 clone would have the same stat as the original at lvl 1.

Besides, the Pokémon this ability is ment for is for a gimmick grass type with the same stats as say... Farfetch'd. It doesn't get an evolution, and it's based upon plants in the Kalanchoe genus, as they often grow little plantlets on their leaves that can drop off and take root to grow from the parent plant.

As for Stone Horde, the Pokémon with this ability would be quite difficult to find.

An idea of mine:

Shiny Scale
If hit by a Dragon-type move, damage is returned x2

Pokemon that might know this:
Milotic, Lumeneon, other scaled Pokemon

Last edited:

There should be some abilities to tie in with fog, and there should be some moves with it too. For abilities:

Cloud Cover:
In foggy weather is up, evasion is raised (yes, I ripped that from Sand Veil).

Cloudy Vision: In foggy weather, your attacks don't miss, but in any other weather system, your attacks have an extra 10% chance to miss.

Hazey Hands: In foggy weather, your attacks get a 1.3 multiplier.

I dunno, just take some weather abilities and apply them to Fog.

Oh, and there should be an ability where defense doubles after you HP is down by 1/2.

New weather conditions, to go with rain, hail, and Sandstorm.
Snowstorm=boost to Ice types
Wind=boost to flying types
Acid Rain=boost to Poison types, damage to non-poison
Drought=boost to Fire types, reduction in effectiveness of water attacks
Darkness= boost to ghost and Dark types. Can be changed with Flash or Sunny Day. (Happens at night or in caves/forests)

The way I'd like to see a game is instead of limiting weather to particular areas of the map, have randomized weather based on the ingame clock/calendar, like Animal Crossing (more snow/hail days in the winter months, more rainy days in spring and fall, more droughts in summer, darkness the default weather condition at night, etc.), and have them also affect Pokemon appearance (certain Pokemon appearing more than others under certain conditions) The conditions wouldn't be at play indoors, so in-game events wouldn't be affected (gym battles, dungeons). Additionally, a radio or TV type function or addon to the poketch/pokegear/pokenav type device could give "forecasts" and record mixing could serve the same purpose as it does for mass appearances.

Also, I'd love to see new Castform formes. A sandstorm form and formes to go with all the new weather conditions.

I have one that's slightly based off of Intimidate, as well as the move Leer.

Sharp Eyes
Upon entering battle, lowers the foe's Defense one stage.

sleep walker: pokémon can attack while asleep and becomes faster (I made it for wigglytuff, to mke him more useful)

Heat drive: Raises speed when hit by a fire attack (for magmortar obviously)

Flower protection: when hp drops below 1/3, cures status problems and raises defense and special defense a lot. (for shaymin land forme, to make him more useful as a legendary)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom