• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Create-an-Ability

Re: Create-a-Ability

First off, title of the thread: Create-AN-Ability

The ability that I would implement: Scales: Protection from Sandstorms.

I think something important you guys are overlooking is why you want these abilities and what they would be used on.

i know, but i wanted it as a heightened version of them

Still seems like too much trouble just for that ability. Maybe have and extra affect outside of battle, like one that helps with breeding sense the Pluse and Minum have to be opposite genders.

Ice Armor: Increases defense in hailstorm.
Clear Mind: Immune to attract, confuse and flinch
Overexert: Damaging attacks do more damage but you lose HP for every attempted damaging attack regardless if it hit or not.
All or Nothing: Ups both attack stats in a pinch but sharply lowers both defense stats.
Doubt: Special attack version of intimidate.
Darwinist: Wild pokemon encountered will have higher IVs
Geo Finder: May find stones based on where this pokemon fought.

Metro-what?
Effect: When this Pokemon is confused, it will perform Metronome instead of hitting itself in its confused state. Self-hitting ratios still apply as to how often Metronome is triggered.

Nocturnal
Effect: This Pokemon gains 1.5x more experience when trained at night, and 1.25x more during sunset/sunrise.

Artist
Exclusive to Smeargle
Effect: Smeargle's type changes to match the attack selected for its turn. This ability excludes status altering attacks such as Thunderwave and Sing.

Nice little ability for those who like to do the bait and switch, or even for Rotation Battles!

Invent your own ability

i searched, but didnt see one of these, so close it if there is.
Title is self-explanatory.

Here are mine:
Unstable: If hit with a critical hit, explodes. (identical to the move explosion) [Koffing, Weezing, Voltorb, Electrode]

Overeater: Each time it uses a berry it gets double the effect (Oran berry recovers 20, Peyata Sharply Raises special, Enigma Regains double the HP) but its speed falls [Munchlax, Snorlax]

Subzero: If contact is made, 30% chance of freezing [Vanillite/ish/uxe, Kyurem, Cryogonal]

Re: Invent your own ability

Handy: Can hold two items [Machamp, Tangagrowth]
Show me choice/metronome

Confuser- Allows moves like Magical Leaf, Aura Sphere, etc. to have their accuracy reduced.
Boost- Ups power of moves that lower stats.

Sharpshooter: Powers up accuracy and strength of "blaster" moves, e.g. focus blast, rock wrecker, hyper beam, solarbeam, etc. [Skorupi, Drapion, Hitmontop]

Denial - When hit by a Critical Hit, the DEFENSE stat maxes out.

Kickback - All attacks do 1.5X damage, but have an additional 25% chance (along with base Accuracy) of backfiring on the user instead.

Amorphous - Moves that make contact with the user do 25% less damage.

Equalizer - All weaknesses and resistances of the user become neutral.

Corrupt - Restores HP if hit by a Dark-type move.

Third Eye - Lowers the foe's Evasion.

Stainless - Gives full immunity to Poison-type attacks.

Antithesis - The user's weaknesses & resistances are reversed.

Trick Guard - The Pokemon is unaffected by all priority moves.

Head Start - If the user moves first, it's move power is doubled. It is halved should it move last.

Well, those are my inventions/creations so far. Most of them are inspired by existing abilities. Don't know if they've been mentioned yet, I tried to make them unique-ish.

Last edited:
Flytrap

Grass attacks becomes super effective on bug types

Ninja

Both accuracy and evasion raise

Ninja's path

Cannot use stat-reduction moves

Puppetry

During the battle ther's a 30% chance that the user can choose its foe moves,it will fail however if items are used this turn

Zodiac

During night,all weather effects wear out instantly

Revengeful

If a partner faints on a double or triple battle the user's attack and special attack raise,but defense and special defense falls

Here are some I though of

Innocent: Makes the target have a 10% chance to be unable to attack you each turn (I can imagine how annoying this'd be). Sort of like the move Attract but isn't opposite gender. Imagine having to fight a cute puppy; surely you'll feel hesitant doing it at times despite your trainer's orders.

It's only for some really cute first stages and will go away once they've evolved, so it won't be that hard to deal with. I can see Lillipup and Togepi with this. /thought of the episode with Misty vs. Ash in the battle for Totodile

Vitamin-D: Power increased each turn in the sun.
Every turn during sunny weather, attack and speed increase. Similar to speed boost but greater effect with additional requirement.

Sleepwalk-It allows your pokemon to attack while sleeping but it lowers your accuracy of moves by 30%.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom