• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Create-an-Ability

Re: Create-a-Ability

Sadist
-Every time this pokemon gets inflicted with damage, it increases it's attack by 1 stage.

Let's give this a shot. I didn't read all the replies in this thread, and I don't know all the official abilities... Here we go!

Sacrificer: Cuts own HP by 1/8th each turn to increase Attack one stage.
Jellylegs: Ground-type moves are 1/2 as effective.
Hider: Evasion increases by 1 stage when the opponent changes this Pokémon's stats.
Sleeper: Pokémon goes to sleep if the opponent lasts more than 3 turns (without switching to a different Pokémon).
Role Model: When this Pokémon faints, the next Pokémon gets it's stats changes.
Desperation: If HP drops to 1 hit-point due to one attack, this Pokémon self-destructs.
Mirrored: If opponent regains HP, this Pokémon regains just as much.
Runner: This Pokémon gains 1 EXP for every 255 steps the trainer runs.

I know some of them are broken. :p

Fog Shield: Fog version of Drizzle, Drought, Snow Warning and Sand Stream.

Since I created a new ability, I think a move should be done too. -Fog Field: "A fog that affects the whole battlefield, lowering the accuracy of both pokemon by 15% during 5 turns"-

Big Shield: The effectiveness of moves with over 100 base power is halved.

Can't think of a name for it, but the concept is Intimidate, but for special attack.

Cannibal
Effect: Physical attacks that involve biting the opponent heal the user equal to half the damage dealt.

Mirror Skin- Like Rough Skin, only for Special Attacks.
Herbivore: Like Sap Sipper, only with a good name.

I made some more

Scattered-When the user uses a plant based status attack (like poisonpowder, stunspore, etc.) in double/triple battles it affects the whole feild
Reality-This pokemon cannot be affected by psychic attacks
Below Zero-works just like poison point or flame body, only it may freeze the foe on contact
Respect-when facing a legendary as a foe, attack is halved, but when fighting alongside them in double /triple battles attack is doubled (does not work for psuedo-legendaries)
Optimist-this pokemon's happiness level grows faster
Sparkle-if this pokemon is in the front of the party, then it increases the odds of finding a shiny in the wild

Last edited:

Fire vs Fire- This pokemon takes no damage from attacks that are the pokemon's type.

EX: A normal type with Fire vs Fire can not be hurt by any normal type move.

Focus Vision
Flavor Text: Once this Pokemon targets an opponent, there's no way it can lose it!

Effect: Upon making its first successful hit, the accuracy of all this Pokemon's moves automatically stays at 100%! Can be canceled out if Fly and Dig are used. Normal- and Fighting-type moves will not affect Ghost-types unless the appropriate move is used that allows such effect.

(Basically, it's a perminant Lock-ON with some restrictions.)

Focus Vision
Flavor Text: Once this Pokemon targets an opponent, there's no way it can lose it!

Effect: Upon making its first successful hit, the accuracy of all this Pokemon's moves automatically stays at 100%! Can be canceled out if Fly and Dig are used. Normal- and Fighting-type moves will not affect Ghost-types unless the appropriate move is used that allows such effect.

(Basically, it's a perminant Lock-ON with some restrictions.)

Um... 100% can still miss. In the pokemon games, 100% is not a sure thing.

Um... 100% can still miss. In the pokemon games, 100% is not a sure thing.

How does that work logically? I mean, there's a damn formula on Bulbapedia showing the math of PokeBalls and their potential catch rate. It's a math problem that dictates probability. Probability is based out of 100% scale, even if the number that equals 100% is 255.

So if 100% accuracy isn't, in fact 100%, then what is?

Besides, the ability that I created was designed to be an "always on" Lock-On after the Pokemon makes its first successful hit on its target, with a reset happening the moment they miss due to Fly or Dig. As far as I see, that ability is balance, since here is a way to counter it.

I think Tunsie meant the early Pokemon games. It seems to have been fixed since R/S.

Anyway, that formula meant that the "100%" would equal 255 out of 256, but that still isn't perfect; it's actually around 99.6%.

Crystal Body

Flavor Text: Powers up your light based attacks.
Effect: The power of light based attacks (Hyper Beam, Flash Cannon, Mirror Shot, Solar Beam, Power Gem, Signal Beam, etc.) used against you is cut by half. Light based attacks used by a pokémon with this ability do 1.2x more damage.

Aimed Attacker

Flavor Text: Boosts accuracy and damage in exchange of fast attacking.
Effect: Gives a 15% accuracy and 1.1x damage increase in exchange for having all moves set to lowest priority. This does not work for damaging moves that have a non-0 priority.

Ram Horns- Direct Attacks have a chance of knocking a foe's item off.
Description: When the user uses a direct physical attack on the target, there is a 25% chance that the target's item will be knocked off.

Musical- Sound-based attacks have better accuracy.
Description: Sound-based attacks like Supersonic and Screech are 25% more accurate.

Desire- Desires the foe's strongest stat.
Description: When the user enters battle, whatever stat is the highest on the foe, that stat is risen by 1 on the user. Can only be used once, like Intimidate.

Huge Pressure- Blinding pressure lowers foe's HP
Description: Lower's foe's HP by 1/20 every turn. Nullifies the effects of Pressure.

Guide
Flavor Text: This Pokemon will help guide your way should you get lost.

In Battle Effect: Only works in Double- and Triple-Battles. Any and all support moves are given top priority in the move order. The effects of self-targeting Support moves are transfered to the teammates of the user and not to the user itself. (i.e. Sword Dance would upgrade the teammate's Attack, but not the user's attack.)

Out of Battle Effect: If a Pokemon with this ability is in the first slot of the player's party AND the player doesn't move for 5 seconds, an arrow pointing to the nearest "item of interest" will appear on screen. If near any place where wild Pokemon can be caught, the arrow will also show an icon which will rotate which Pokemon can be found in that area.

How about this?

Stuntmen:Makes recoil moves have two times the power, but cuts of 20% of there accressy, and if the move misses, the user takes damage.

Do or Die:When HP is in the red zone, makes attacks 2x the power, but if the attack doesn't make the opponent faint, the user faints.

Double Combination - Double battle only - Plusle and Minun - when employed together in a double battle, provided its a Male and a Female, Speed and Special Attack rise by two points.

Double Combination - Double battle only - Plusle and Minun - when employed together in a double battle, provided its a Male and a Female, Speed and Special Attack rise by two points.

That's the whole point of Plus and Minus, except they can be of the same gender.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom