• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Create-an-Ability

Reaper When a opponent pokemon faints, the pokemon that defeated it gets it's SpAtk and Atk raised by two stages.

Weatherman A random weather condition will appear in battle.

Impulsive Lowers move accuracy, but sharply raises Attack and Sp. Attack.

Pure Skill Halves Attack, but doubles Sp. Attack.

Hermaphrodite This pokemon can breed with both male and female pokemons in its egg group
Puppetry Attacks are chosen randomly but Speed and Attack Stat are boosted (Chatot)
Forever Young Enemies attack and special attack receive a -2 stage modifier

Easy Target This extremely rare Pokemon ability causes the Pokemon to actually be weak against the types that it is Super Effective against! (i.e. A Water Type would actually take x1 Fire damage instead of x0.5; Ghost Types would end up taking x1 Normal/Fighting damage instead of being immune; etc.)

Nutrient Drain
Makes every attack absorb 7% of damage, but makes it weaker by 1/3. Draining moves now restore 57% of damage.
Hard Beak
Powers up Peck, Drill Peck and Pluck by 25%.
Solid Body
Raises Defense when hit.
Ambush
On the first turn, attacks have 45% chance to make the foe flinch.

Tough: All OHKO attacks fail. (Basically, does what Sturdy did before Gen V.)
Similar Armor: The Pokémon is immune to attacks that are the same type as its primary type.
Simpleton: Sp. Attack is cut, but Sp. Defense is boosted by 30%.
Flame Heal: Burns heal every turn, rather than damaging.
Severe Weather Warning (this name needs to be shortened): All weather effects, by the Pokémon and its opponent, last for the duration of the rest of the battle (or until another weather effect is initiated).

Last edited:
Statustician - Overrides immunities to status causing moves on opponent. Ex: Flame Body Magcargo can be frozen with Ice Beam, Ground types can be paralyzed with Thunder Wave. Basically, a weaker Mold Breaker.

Reflective - Accuracy of opponent decreased by one stage and "beam/light" based attacks have their damage cut by 1/4. This probably goes to a steel type.

Crystal Body - Pokémon with this ability have their "light/beam" based attacks powered up by 1.5x. This could probably go to Sableye or some other crystalline pokémon.

Reversing Influence - Physical moves become Special and Special moves become Physical.

Stubborn - The Pokemon's stats cannot be lowered. (Pretty much just Clear Body except it makes sense on more Pokemon)

Jiggle: Physical attacks on this Pokemon have their accuracy lowered by 20%, whilst Special attacks have their accuracy boosted by 20%. (Suitable for Ditto, Grimer and Muk, Gulpin and Swalot, and also Seviper.)

Cramps: Super Effective attacks on this Pokemon are raised by 30%, however the speed and defence of the foe is also cut by one stage. (Humanoid Pokemon like Medicham, Gallade and Hitmonlee would be suitable for this.)

Absolute Zero Contact with the Pokémon may freeze the attacker.

Any Pokemon who directly attack the Pokemon with this ability has a 30% chance of freezing. A variation of Static/Flame Body/Spore/Poison Point

Overworld Effect: Doubles the time for hatching an egg. It can be neutralized by putting a Pokemon with Flamed Body or Magma Armor in the party. Also increases the chance of encountering Ice types.

Petrify Lowers the foe's Special Attack stat.

It cuts opponent's Special Attack in half. A variation of Intimidate.

Overworld Effect.
The same as Intimidate.

Spineless Defense goes +2 but Speed goes -2 (for jelly mons like DItto,grimer's family,gulpin's family,etc.)
Alpha Male If facing male mons the Att and SpAtt staets receive a boost(wolf/dog like mons like Zoroa's family,Growlithe's family,etc.)

Detective- makes the opponent if using protect on that turn lowers defense and speed.

Gravel Shock: All rock and ground type moves, damaged is cut down to 1/3
Blitz Rage The user attack is increased by 2x, but the user speed is decreased by 1/2

PULL DOWN Flying-type Pokemon and those with Levitate can now be damaged with Ground type moves. Works like Gravity.

AMPLIFIER Sound-based moves get a boost.

Moves like Echoed Voice and Hyper Voice has a 50% additional damage.

OVERWORLD EFFECT.
Reduce the chance of encountering Pokemon.

LIBERATE Unleash the full potential of Selfdestruct and Explosion
Explosion and Selfdestruct gain STAB regardless of the type of Pokemon who use it.

Flame Eater: Restores 1/4 HP when hit by a Fire type move. Corrosive: Allows Poison Type moves to hit Steel type Pokemon super-effectively. Dual types can create neutralities, of course. Power Claws: Increases the power of claw-based moves by 50%.

Flame Eater: Restores 1/4 HP when hit by a Fire type move. Corrosive: Allows Poison Type moves to hit Steel type Pokemon super-effectively. Dual types can create neutralities, of course. Power Claws: Increases the power of claw-based moves by 50%.

I think the corrosive one would be better suited as a move than an ability.
I also think there are fire-healing abilities for fire-types already, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the corrosive one would be better suited as a move than an ability.
I also think there are fire-healing abilities for fire-types already, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I think corrosive can work as an ability name since it is a description rather than an action or object. We only have flash fire as far as fire absorbing goes and it doesn't heal you.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom