• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Create your own held item

Odd Fungus - Inflicts a random status (poison, sleep, paralysis, burn, freeze) upon contact, consumed after use

Golden Scale - Halves damage if HP at 100%, Consumed after use

Rage Ribbon - Raises a random stat by 1, but confuses the user

Solid Slate- A wonderious slab that attacks always preform a set amount of damage by power unless super effective!"

Example
Ember has 40 power
After Solid Slate is equipped...
Ember now does 40 damage unless super effective which attack damage doubles to 80 damage.

Congrats! No more guessing!

Bullseye Lens: An item to be held by a Pokemon. This lens seeks out the target's weak spot increasing critical hit rate.

Fearless Bracer: An item to be held by a Pokemon. This bracer imbues it's holder with great courage allowing it to hit Ghost types with Normal and Fighting type moves.

Ward Stone: An item to be held by a Pokemon. This stone imbues it's holder with mysterious protection making it immune to all abnormal status.

Energy Booster
*Allows Moves like Hyper Beam to be used without the recharge.
*One Time Use.

A power Herb works like this.

Not exactly. Power Herb eliminates the "charging up" phase of an attack, so a move like Sky Attack will be executed in a single move. Moves like Hyper Beam will still require a Pokemon to rest after using the attack. Similar, but not the same.

Energy Booster
*Allows Moves like Hyper Beam to be used without the recharge.
*One Time Use.

A power Herb works like this.

Not exactly. Power Herb eliminates the "charging up" phase of an attack, so a move like Sky Attack will be executed in a single move. Moves like Hyper Beam will still require a Pokemon to rest after using the attack. Similar, but not the same.

I remember using it with Heliolisk, and it charges on the next turn allowing it to use another move straight away. I'm pretty sure it still works like that.

Wonder Shard
Wonder Shard makes the user immune to direct damage moves that are not super effective (Same as Wonder Guard), in exchange for lowering Attack, Speed, and Special Attack by 2 stages.

That sounds like an interesting and fair item. Of course, it would end up being a nightmare if it got paired with a Pokémon that knows Contrary. *shudders*

I had the same thought, but then came to the conclusion that a fair amount of people run Knock-Off anyway. Now, a Spiritomb with this brings back the Wondertomb problem, but the stat debuff gives some sort of recompense.

You know, Sableye is better than Spiritomb as a user of this item since, unlike Spiritomb, it has access to A. Prankster and B. great moves to stall an opponent with such as Recover and Will-O-wisp/Toxic and C. Taunt to stop opposing stallers, resulting in a near-unbreakable staller with good enough team support. Well, aside from a Fairy weakness, but that'd force every team to have a Fairy type, which isn't exactly healthy for competitive play.

Also, Eelektross is a thing. And I know Mold Breaker Excadrill is a thing too, but see my arguement about Sableye and Fairy types.

I remember using it with Heliolisk, and it charges on the next turn allowing it to use another move straight away. I'm pretty sure it still works like that.

Its description explicitly says "immediate use of a move that charges on the first turn" and mentions nothing about moves like Hyper Beam. Here's the 'pedia page.

Focus (insert something related to a specific type)

Allows moves of the secific type that normally take 2 turns to use be used in 1 move, it also makes the assigned move stronger upon every successful hit However, the specified move will lose accuracy every time if it hit an opponent/ally

ex. Focus Seed(grass) allows a Solarbeam to hit on the first turn with an even stronger blast, but lowers it's accuracy.

Focus (insert something related to a specific type)

Allows moves that normally take 2 turns to use be used in 1 move. However, the specified move will lose accuracy

As said above, a Power Herb works just like this. Only without the Accuracy loss.

I know, which is why I had to edit it. Now it says that every time the specific 2-turn move hits an opponent/ally, it will be stronger every time it hits but at the cost of the move losing accuracy every turn it hits.

But yeah, it pretty much is the same as the Power Herb, exluding the power gain, accuracy loss and specific type.

I know, which is why I had to edit it. Now it says that every time the specific 2-turn move hits an opponent/ally, it will be stronger every time it hits but at the cost of the move losing accuracy every turn it hits.

But yeah, it pretty much is the same as the Power Herb, exluding the power gain, accuracy loss and specific type.

Like Power Herb + Metronome + accuracy loss, LOL

But it's too powerful for Solar Beam I think, who starts out as 120 atk and 100 acc...

if it works like Metronome, second Solar Beam would be something like:
120 + 20% = 144 atk, 90 acc
Third = 120 + 40% = 168 atk, 80 acc

and that's on a poke with no STAB...

or even Mewtwo Y... super deadly, don't even need to bother with Psystrike
Plus, to counter the acc loss, Miracle Eye.

or actually... just use Hyper Beam...

150 atk, 90 acc
second = 150 + 20% = 180 atk, 80 acc
third = 150 atk + 40% = 210 atk, 70 acc

after that, back to Psystrike... with that, all that's left is to point at opposing team and say

"LAWL TROLL" at your 3DS screen

Edit: wait... which one are we talking about again?

Moves like Solar Beam that charge on first turn
or Moves like Hyper Beam that recharges on second turn?

Last edited:
Fancy Cape
The user's moves never miss (save for OHKO). The user always moves last.

Its description explicitly says "immediate use of a move that charges on the first turn" and mentions nothing about moves like Hyper Beam. Here's the 'pedia page.

try it for yourself, regardless of the description i am quite sure that you can use a move straight after.

Here are more of mine:

The Lucky Lens:

This Item adds 20% into the chance of added effects occuring in attacks. (For instance, 10% Becomes 30%.) It cannot stack up with abilities.

The Silver Bangle: (Inspired by the trading card)

This Item powers up attacks by 30% against Legendary Pokemon. Legendaries cannot hold this item.

Here are more of mine:

The Lucky Lens:

This Item adds 20% into the chance of added effects occuring in attacks. (For instance, 10% Becomes 30%.) It cannot stack up with abilities.

This Item powers up attacks by 30% against Legendary Pokemon. Legendaries cannot hold this item.

Silver Bangle is a great idea! More items from the card game should be made into held items.

Here are more of mine:

The Lucky Lens:

Silver Bangle is a great idea! More items from the card game should be made into held items.

I think so too! Though I hope they wouldn't do a variant of the Hypnotoxic Laser - I can't stand that item. -_-

Here are some more from me, the first two also card-inspired:

The Sparkling Robe: The holder is immune to status problems. In exchange, all attacks deal 30% more damage upon the holder.

The Hard Charm: This item raises the the holder's Defense and Special Defense by 20% each.

Now, the funny one I made up. "^_^"

The Cursed Love Charm: The holder automatically becomes infatuated to a Pokemon of the opposite gender, but when it happens, the item doubles the holder's special attack.

Drop of Vigour - A strange concoction of unknown origin. It will enhance a Pokemon's stat change once.

Basically, the first time you receive a stat change, it gets boosted by one further stage, like with Simple. Imagine what Shell Smash would be like! Or even just Dragon Dance and Quiver Dance! Very, very broken, but fun.

Actually, scratch that idea. I have a better idea of what 'Drop of _' items could be like.

Drop of Strength: Sharply raises the holder's Attack upon switching into battle, only once.
Drop of Endurance: Sharply raises the holder's Defence upon switching into battle, only once.
Drop of Intellect: Sharply raises the holder's Special Attack upon switching into battle, only once.
Drop of Willpower: Sharply raises the holder's Special Defence upon switching into battle, only once.
Drop of Vigour: Sharply raises the holder's Speed upon switching into battle, only once.

Basically, as soon as you enter the battle, the holder receives a +2 boost on a particular stat, and the item is used up. Still kind of broken (imagine baton passing teams) but I feel it's a better idea than the first one.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom