• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MATURE: Creatio

Yun

Our World Is Worth Fighting For
Reaction score
Here's one of those fic things that the cool kids write. This isn't exactly made to be some entirely serious endeavor; just something I can do in my spare time cause it's pretty cool to get your words out on a page.

I'm setting this as Mature just in case something bad happens. I do plan on probably having something akin to graphic violence in this. Beyond that, this story is mostly just flexing the creative muscles. I think. We'll see.

Also, butchered Latin titles. Cause Latin's a cool bro.

Chapter I: Initio (below)
Chapter II: Exto

----------------------

Initio

It was a strange feeling, being conscious. Whatever counted as consciousness for him, anyways. Once sitting in an inconceivable, infinite darkness, it was as if someone had switched on the lights. Yet, there seemed to be nothing but himself in the vast whiteness. It was a familiar feeling, though he couldn’t exactly pinpoint where.

And now that he could think of it, he wasn’t exactly sure of himself at the moment.

“My Lord,” a voice spoke lowly - light and coming from all directions. He made no effort to locate it, opting to sit and listen.

“My Lord, are you awake?” Came the same voice.

“I might not have worked,” this voice was different; slightly coarser, with the same light pitch. Was it talking to him?

“It had to have worked! We did so much to bring him here!” No, this was a new voice - one much lighter, more passionate than the other two. There were three. They were speaking with one another.

“Perhaps there was a mistake…” The first voice’s tone had become noticeably sadder. “The Lord’s soul was perhaps too great even for us.”

Who was this Lord? Were they referring to him?

He asked himself these questions over and over, and began to mutter slowly. “Where… who...” Were his first two words.

That elicited a gasp from the three, and the coarser one speaking up first. “Did you hear that?!”

“Yes. He seems to have heard us,” the first voice responded.

“Sire, is that you?!” Came the lightest voice. “Can you hear us?!”

Ah. So he was the person they were speaking of. It seemed only fit to answer them, now. “I… yes…”

Then, they were cheering. Well, from what he could tell, two of them were; the first voice was quieter.

However, it was the first one that spoke up first once their cheers had died down. “Sire, words cannot express our happiness at hearing your voice again.”

Happiness? Now, that was a word he was sure he had never heard before. Yet, somehow the word seemed to be familiar in some way.

“My voice…” He focused on the sound of his own voice; a deep rumbling that seemed to fill the vastness of the space he was in. There was no body attached to this voice, as far as he could see. “This is… my voice.”

“Yes it is, Sire. We’re happy to have you here again,” came the first voice once more.

The coarse voice spoke afterward. “Yes, we were sure that the ritual had failed, sir! We’re qui-”

“Yes, yes, welcome Sire!” The lightest voice had interjected, earning what he could only describe as a sound of disapproval.

“Don’t interrupt me, Mesprit,” the coarse voice’s words came out with a slight hiss.

“What are you going to do about it?!” The voice named Mesprit yelled back.

“Quiet, both of you. The Lord needs to reorient himself,” the lightest voice spoke. “My Lord, are you feeling okay?”

Feeling. Feeling was not something he could actually put into words, at least physically. “I. Cannot.”

“I see. It seems that your soul has only come from the slumber. You still require a physical body,” the first voice stated.

“Should we create one?” The coarse voice seemed eager to do so.

“Yes! We should!” Came Mesprit’s voice.

The first voice hummed, seemingly in thought. “I am unsure of what vessel would suffice. His essence is far too powerful for any mortal body, you see.”

“I’m sure whatever we make for him would be good enough!” Mesprit responded.

Another hiss came from the coarse voice. “Watch your tongue, Mesprit! He’s right there!”

“Oh, oops! I didn’t mean anything by it, Sire!” Mesprit said, its tone seemingly apologetic.

Why was it apologizing? He wasn’t going to hurt it. Not that he even could. Still, they seemed to be having a disagreement on their next course of action. He felt as though he would possibly need to interject. After all, this was about him, wasn’t it?

“I would… like a body,” he said over the debating voices. They all stopped immediately, and stayed silent for a moment.

“See Uxie, it’s 3-to-1,” the coarse voice said.

The voice named Uxie let out a sound of what he recognized was exasperation. It was certainly becoming easier to pinpoint these feelings in their voices. “Yes. Yes, it is. If the Lord wishes it, we shall provide for him a suitable body.”

“You think I can’t make anything suitable?” The coarse voice stated.

Uxie remained silent.

Mesprit, however, spoke up in its stead. “Yes, let’s begin right away! A strong body for the Lord!”

“Don’t worry, Sire, it won’t take long! We promise,” the coarse voice spoke.

Uxie had spoken up this time. “We will be as expeditious as possible.”

He knew that their words were supposed to instill something in him; some feeling he wasn’t sure how to put into words.

Before he could ponder on it, the whiteness around him began to brighten, and then slowly faded into blackness once again. The voices were gone. He was alone again.

With his new-found feelings, the weight of that lonesomeness began to set in.

Last edited:
Nice little introduction, I am certainly intrigued to see where it goes next and how you maintain a story with Arceus seemingly in the lead. The lake trio were nicely diverse and distinguishable for the few words that were there, and look forward to seeing more of them. When I had a quick scroll before reading, I was concerned by the large amount of dialogue and seeming lack of description, but given the context of the chapter it makes sense. My only advice would be to maintain a better balance on that once Arceus does have a body and therefore eyes to describe things. Asides from that, I really enjoyed this and can't wait to see more!

I'll be honest and say I don't recognise your username and am not sure if you are new to the section or just changed it, but if it is the former remember to check the Welcome Hub for all the relevant links around this section :)

Short and sweet, I like it. And yes, Latin is a cool bro.

Even though it's a short chapter, the fact that each of the lake trio is their own individual is readily apparent. And yes, I am intrigued to see what a story with God in the lead is like.

Also poor Uxie can't get any love :(

Thanks for the reviews, guys!

@AceTrainer14
Yeah, it was an idea that's been floating in my head for a long time. Hopefully I can maintain keeping something so utterly transcendent relatable. Thank you for the advice, too - I had a feeling that the description was lacking, so I filled in the blanks with some - attempted - characterization. Glad to know it worked out somewhat, haha.

@Hanzo in Plain Sight
God's going on an adventure! I'm glad you liked the Lake Trio - I had a lot of fun writing them.

And yes, Uxie's the brother who no one really listens to, even when it's the best course of action.

Exto

“Sire. Sire... can you hear us?”

A voice was calling him once more. Whose was it again?

“My Lord, please wake up. We’re waiting for you,” said the voice. It was muffled, the words being the only thing he could make out.

He could remember waking up before. The voices were much clearer then. However, he now felt new sensations. Before, the silence was inherent; something that he could not notice because it was all that there was.

Now, it was deafening. He wanted to hear. He wanted to know. He wanted to feel. He could feel himself almost ascending, as if something was lifting him.

“Sire! You’re almost there!” The voice was getting more recognizable. “You can do it!”

And his eyes opened, and his body shot up, breaking through the surface of the water. He took long, deep breaths, the water dripping down his face. When he looked around, he saw that he was in a body of water stretching into perpetuity in all directions. The waters far beyond the range of his sight were shrouded in a mist.

“Sire, you did it!” Came an excited voice. Turning his head, he found someone standing next to him; a small, glowing humanoid being whose golden eyes stared at him with excitement and, from what he gathered, reverence. It was topped with peach on its head, with two extensions on both sides of the head that gave the illusion of hair. In the middle of its head was a red jewel.

He said nothing, continuing to stare for a moment. It was the first time he had ever seen anything like it. Another being, standing right there in front of him.

The creature blinked. “Um. Sire? Are you okay?” The sound of it's voice clicked immediately for him: Mesprit.

“Mesprit, why don’t you give him a little space?” Came another familiar voice. Appearing near Mesprit was another being of the same height, this one’s head had cerulean with a single flat extension on both sides of its head and a pointed crown. “Sire, it’s good to have you here. We’re so happy this worked,” its voice was also the same as the coarser voice he’d heard before. He hadn’t caught the owner’s name.

“Azelf, you should do well to follow your own advice,” Ah. The lighter voice had provided him clarity. He knew the name of it’s owner, as well.

Uxie appeared after its companions, materializing in the middle of the two. Its head was capped with yellow, with its full extension shaping into a hollow helmet-like protrusion. While the same size and possessing the same jewel, it’s eyes were closed.

When he appeared, the being he now knew as Azelf gave him a sidelong glance. “And yet you appear in front of us, huh?”

“I am not imposing myself on the Lord’s space,” Uxie simply stated, not even bothering to turn in Azelf’s direction. “Sire, how do you feel?”

“Hey, that’s my question!” Mesprit yelled at Uxie, moving to get further to their Lord. “Sire, how do you feel?” They asked with a wide smile.

He blinked, looking down to see that an arm and a hand were attached to him. Actually, he had a whole body now. He turned to see his reflection in water; a gaunt body that was pale white with a mess of white hair that extended in every direction. He bore no clothing, and his eyes were conspicuously shadowed, holding no discernible features other than the darkness.

As he studied himself, he was now aware of the feeling of the water around him. It hold no shape, no form and moved with his own movements. Somehow, that felt familiar to him. The temperature wasn’t unpleasant - it didn’t even truly register to him until he realized it also affected his own sensation. He started to wave his hand in the water for a moment in silence, having forgotten to answer Mesprit’s question.

“Did we mess something?” Azelf wondered aloud. “Uxie, I think you messed something up again.”

“What do you mean again? Nothing I’ve done in this entire process has been a failure,” Uxie retorted.

Mesprit growled at the two. “Shut up! He’s feeling!” It said, turning back to him with its wide smile back in place. “It’s great to see. The Lord is learning the new sensations around him.”

Indeed, he was exploring everything around him. He felt his own skin, running his fingers down his face and arms. He felt his own chest and lifted his hands to look at them. Pressing them together, he hummed. “This is… new.”

“Yes it is, Sire. This is a physical body,” Uxie stated. “We created one for you at your request. I hope it is to your liking.”

He hummed again, looking to Uxie. “I have being.”

“Yes,” Uxie nodded it’s head.

Once again, he hummed. “I see. I am… Sire? Or Lord? Or…”

Azelf snorted a bit, almost chuckling before it stopped itself. “Eh hem. Uh. Yes. Well, no. I mean, you have a proper name, Sire. We are just not the ones whom are allowed to call you it.”

“What is my proper name?” He asked.

“Ah. Well, it’s um… hehe,” Azelf rubbed the back of its head.

“Hehe?” He asked, lifting a brow. Then he lifted the other one, idly wondering where he learned to do so.

Azelf sputtered. “Uh, no, no, Sire! It’s just that, uh, well, it’s been a long time since we’ve last called you by your name. It’s just such a momentous occasion, you know?”

“Well? What is my name then, Azelf?” He asked the being, earning an ‘eep’ in response.

“Oh, you said my name, Sire… I guess it’s only fair. It’s uh…” Once again, Azelf paused.

Mesprit sighed. “Arceus!”

Lord Arceus!” Azelf yelled back at its companion. Then he turned to Arceus. “Yes, Sire. Er, Lord Arceus.”

Arceus sat for moment, then nodded. “I see. Thank you for telling me, Mesprit.”

“Oh, no problem, Sire!” Mesprit chirped, grinning at him.

He didn’t return the gesture, but did opt to study it. He then turned to Uxie. “And where are we right now?”

“Lake Sapientia,” it responded. “A dimension interconnected to our lakes.”

“Your lakes?” Arceus looked down to the water once more. “Is this not your lake?”

“Nope. Ours are on Earth!” Mesprit said.

Arceus cast a look of confusion. “Earth. What is that? A place?”

“Yes, Sire. A dimension of mortal beings,” Azelf said. “It’s, uh, sorta this giant rock with a bunch of trees and grass and water.”

Mortal? Trees? Grass? He had absolutely no idea what Azelf was talking about, and his confusion showed.

“It’s best if you saw it for yourself, Sire. It’s a lot of information,” Azelf said.

“Information that I cannot feed to you all at once,” Uxie then stated. “I’ve been able to give you awareness, but something as grand as the Earth must be witnessed by your own eyes, my Lord.”

“I see,” Arceus said. He went silent for a moment. The idea of something so great that it couldn’t be explained through words. He felt himself almost struggling to understand the concept; perhaps that was what Uxie meant.

Mesprit tilted its head. “Sire?”

Arceus looked back up to the small being, and nodded. “I wish to see this Earth.”

Mesprit blinked. “Oh, well that’s convenient Sire! Because we brought you back just so that you could see it!”

That made Arceus raise his eyebrow. “Oh? Why?”

“We really wanted you to see the greatest of all of Creation,” Uxie said. “It was a shame that you had to sleep during the making of something so beautiful. We felt it our duty to bring you here to experience all that has become.”

Arceus nodded slowly. “I see. Well then, can you take me there?”

“Of course. Close your eyes, Sire,” Uxie stated.

When he did so, Arceus was once again in the darkness.

The trio lifted their hands, Azelf’s and Mesprit’s eyes and gems glowing their respective colors before the mist around them began to swirl around Arceus’ body, slowly taking on a collection of the same glow.

In a flash of light and energy, their Lord disappeared from sight.

________________________________________​

Arceus opened his eyes to find the mist covering the entire area, and from what he could see, he was still sitting atop the lake water. For a moment, he wondered if he had actually gone anywhere. However, the water felt different this time - it was colder, far less still than the lake he had been on.

He got up to his feet and found himself standing on top of the surface as if it were solid ground. He lifted his bare foot and touched it once more; it wouldn’t go any deeper than the exterior. “Interesting,” he said lowly.

“Oh God!!” Came a small exclamation. When Arceus looked up, his found someone in the water in front of him; a young girl with short blue hair and onyx eyes. Her expression was one of obvious surprise.

Arceus stared for a moment before speaking. “Hello. Is this Earth?”

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom