• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Creepiest Pokémon/Pokédex Entries

I always found the large number of Zubat you encounter in a cave to be disturbing. If Pokémon battles could be performed by entire colonies of Pokémon, I'm sure it would happen with Zubat. And the very idea of their eyes gradually growing shut, when sped up a bit, is creepy. And then, in a few seconds during evolution, they grow back again in Golbat. How does that happen? And wouldn't the sudden ability to see, especially when evolved in a light area, be quite hard to manage at first?

Just thought of another Pokemon that has creepy Pokedex entries.....

CUBONE!!!

Am I the only person to think that Cubone looks like a brown Charmander, who extinguished all its fire and donned a skull in mourning of its mother?

Sounds like creepypasta material to me :scared:

Am I the only person to think that Cubone looks like a brown Charmander, who extinguished all its fire and donned a skull in mourning of its mother?

Sounds like creepypasta material to me :scared:

I've never thought of it before..... But, comparing the two, they look too different (different head shapes, eyes, feet, and Cubone has spikes on it's back).

I've never thought of it before..... But, comparing the two, they look too different (different head shapes, eyes, feet, and Cubone has spikes on it's back).

Don't ruin my fun :p

On a related subject, I always found it semi-creepy how the skull Cubone wears somehow becomes its head when it evolves into Marowak.

And the fact that every Cubone is an orphan, wearing the skull of its dead mother. So, all female Marowak die in some way other than old age.

One thing I never got though: Why is it born with the skull?

Gotta wonder how the mother's skull got inside the egg before Cubone was born :-/

I don't remember the exact words, but the one about Jynx is creepy to me. Something like
it makes a human cry
..... For some reason the whole thought of that creeps me out and disturbs me.

I think Gastly are creepy because Gastly first appears in Volume 1 of Pokémon Adventures under the ownership of Koga, possessing the corpses of dead Pokémon in Pokémon Tower as well as the fact that Gastly first appeared in The Ghost of Maiden's Peak. This Gastly had the ability to talk and shape-shift. He kept posing himself as the spirit of the woman which legend said turned to stone after many years of waiting for her love to return to her. Gastly kept on toying with the minds of young men, and With its gas-like body, it can sneak into any place it desires, It can envelop an opponent of any size and cause suffocation, i mean come on that CREEPY RIGHT!!!

I don't remember the exact words, but the one about Jynx is creepy to me. Something like
it makes a human cry
..... For some reason the whole thought of that creeps me out and disturbs me.

She probably just smells of onions. Nothing to worry about except a lack of hygiene :p

Hypno's Lullaby, anyone?

Based on Pokédex entries:

Come little children, come with me
Safe and happy, you will be
Away from your homes, now let us run
With Hypno, you'll have so much fun

Oh, little children, please don't cry
Hypno wouldn't hurt a fly
Be free, be free be free to play
Come down in my cave with me to stay

Oh, little children, please don't squirm
Those ropes, I know, will hold you firm
Hypno tells you this is true
But sadly, Hypno lied to you

Oh, little children, you mustn't leave
Your families for you will grieve
Their minds will unravel at the seams
Allowing me to haunt their dreams

But surely, all of you must know
That it is time for you to go
Oh, little children, you weren't clever
Now you shall stay with me forever

If you thought regular Hypno was bad, then think about a SHADOW HYPNO. I mean like, wow.

But if it were a Pokedex entry, it would be Dusclops, Ruby entry:

Dusclops's body is completely hollow - there is nothing at all inside. It is said that its body is like a black hole. This Pokémon will absorb anything into its body, but nothing will ever come back out.

Bahaha, I just love ghost types and their creepy awesomeness. :D One Pokemon that just creeps the hell out of me is Sigilyph. I cringe whenever I battle one. Its White Pokedex entry says something along the lines of "They are the guardians of an ancient city that attack with their psychic powers." Imagine trying to sneak into that city... /shudder

Bahaha, I just love ghost types and their creepy awesomeness. :D
Oh yeah. A good number of Ghost Pokemon freak me out, mostly because they want to kill me. Well, there are a couple that aren't completely terrifying. :snuggles her Golett and Golurk:
One Pokemon that just creeps the hell out of me is Sigilyph. I cringe whenever I battle one. Its White Pokedex entry says something along the lines of "They are the guardians of an ancient city that attack with their psychic powers." Imagine trying to sneak into that city... /shudder
For all we know, that city may not even exist anymore.

From the Black Pokedex:
They never vary the route they fly, because their memories of guarding an ancient city remain steadfast.
"Ancient city." "Memories remain steadfast." They're flying around randomly attacking you for no reason. O.O

Anyone who has read my blog post might have seen this image:

1246069337407.jpg

:scared:

NEVER. MESS. WITH. A DIGLETT.

Banette: a doll that became a pokemon over it's grudge from being junked. it seeks the child that disowned it. it reminds me of chucky....
Sableye: it hides in the darkness of caves. it's diet of gems have turned it's eyes into gemstones. reminds me of Coraline where the ghost children have button eyes, and why are they always the ghost pokemon?

Chandelure: Being consumed in its flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind.

Shedinja and Banette both freak me out. Shedinja's Pokedex entry says that if you stare into the hole in it's back, your soul is stolen. Well, guess where you stare every time your Shedinja is sent into battle? Banette's a doll determined to get revenge on the child that abandoned it. I threw out over 50 toys in a single day at some point. I always had dreams that my old toys were out to kill me. Then I read Banette's dex entry. That STILL creeps me out. o_O

For me, the Hydreigon entris take the cake. Not only is it rediculously aviolent and aggresive, it stated that only one of the heads has a brain. But the entries of Zweilous state that the two heads don't get along, meaning the two had a brain. Since I read that, I can only think that one head killed and devoured the other.

I just stumbled upon this thread and figured it deserves to be revived after two and a half years, especially considering Halloween is coming up! 'Tis the season! Let's add our gen VI creepers:

Phantump : According to old tales, these Pokémon are stumps possessed by the spirits of children who died while lost in the forest.

Trevenant : It can control trees at will. It will trap people who harm the forest, so they can never leave.

Pumpkaboo's entry isn't really very creepy, but oh man Gourgeist : It enwraps its prey in its hairlike arms. It sings joyfully as it observes the suffering of its prey.

Honedge : If anyone dares to grab its hilt, it wraps a blue cloth around that person's arm and drains that person's life energy completely.

Malamar : It lures prey close with hypnotic motions, then wraps its tentacles around it before finishing it off with digestive fluids.

....Gourgeist takes the cake, personally. ....Happy Halloween!

Victreebel from Yellow:

Lures prey with the sweet aroma of honey. Swallowed whole, the prey is melted in a day, bones and all.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom