• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Creepiest Pokémon/Pokédex Entries

Mr Mime, though that's prolly more the in the fact it's just a bit freaky... Especially its 3D model. It doesn't even change stance when fainting!

All Ghost types obviously have the creepy vibe

And supposedly you should watch out for Beautifly as well (as they're a lot more violent than you'd expect them to be)

By the way, what exactly is up with that new art/stuff on the Japanese pokémon site? (ゴーストポケモンずかん|本当は怖い?ポケモン|ポケモンだいすきクラブ)

I saw people on Tumblr reblogging some of the image (which look really cool, and add to the creepy factor) but I haven't really been able to find anywhere what it is about exactly?

By the way, what exactly is up with that new art/stuff on the Japanese pokémon site? (ゴーストポケモンずかん|本当は怖い?ポケモン|ポケモンã*いすきクラブ)

I saw people on Tumblr reblogging some of the image (which look really cool, and add to the creepy factor) but I haven't really been able to find anywhere what it is about exactly?

No idea, but I love all the art! I literally just screamed "Nooo! Let goooo!" to the little girl holding onto Drifloon.

Last edited:
Well, most of them do. There are a couple who won't try and kill you in your sleep. (This is why I love Golett and Golurk. Most non-creepy Ghosts ever.)

Glalie. Dear heavens, Glalie. It freezes its prey and then takes its time eating them. Imagine being trapped in a block of ice, fully conscious, while a pair of jaws calmly chews on you. Talk about a fate worse than freaking death here. >_<

From Firered,
"It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into Kadabra."

Well, most of them do. There are a couple who won't try and kill you in your sleep. (This is why I love Golett and Golurk. Most non-creepy Ghosts ever.)

Glalie. Dear heavens, Glalie. It freezes its prey and then takes its time eating them. Imagine being trapped in a block of ice, fully conscious, while a pair of jaws calmly chews on you. Talk about a fate worse than freaking death here. >_<

What about M-Glalie's flavor text, though? You literally DESTROY its jaw everytime you Mega Evolve it. Talk about animal abuse. Or karma, considering what it puts its prey through.

What about M-Glalie's flavor text, though? You literally DESTROY its jaw everytime you Mega Evolve it. Talk about animal abuse. Or karma, considering what it puts its prey through.
That's one of the main reasons I've only evolved mine once. That and if it breathes on you, you will freeze to death.

I don't know whether I should feel sorry for it or freak out every time I see it.

Beautifly's entry from Diamond:

"It has an aggressive nature. It stabs prey with its long, narrow mouth to drain the prey's fluids."

First Kabutops, then Gorebyss, now Beautifly? Why do these Pokémon have an obsession with body fluids? That's creepy as hell. Especially since two of them seem like cute animals you would see and smile at how cute they are.

Beautifly's entry from Diamond:

"It has an aggressive nature. It stabs prey with its long, narrow mouth to drain the prey's fluids."

First Kabutops, then Gorebyss, now Beautifly? Why do these Pokémon have an obsession with body fluids? That's creepy as hell. Especially since two of them seem like cute animals you would see and smile at how cute they are.
When I read Beautifly's entry, I was reminded of something Bart Simpson once said, "No one suspects the butterfly."

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom