• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Creepy things in the games

Zhwoobatte

NO MORE PANCAKES
Reaction score
Just post examples of creepy things.

In the (haunted) Old Chateau, there is an antidote. In the KITCHEN.
IN THE TRASH CAN.

Before you battle Blue at the Pokemon Tower, he talks about what it would be like if you lost a pokemon and when you battle him you will notice his Raticate is not with him anymore.

That's not actually that creepy, he mentions having captured 200 Pokémon by that point, he clearly uses the storage system. Pokémon Tower is home to powerful ghost Pokémon and the Cubone line.

I heard that in BW, there's a ghost in one of the bridges. Gothitelle is basically a Death Note Shinigami, and Gothita supposedly stares fixatedly at trainers and Pokémon, looking at something only they can see. Considering it's evolution's powers, what this is alluding to is pretty creepy considering its a baby.

Speaking of Gen V Pokemon...
Chandelure. It burns people's souls. THEIR SOULS. Then it leaves the body as an extra-crispy husk.
Cofagrigus eats people too e_e;

Dusklops or whatever I heard was just a Duskull using a human's body suffocated in bandages...

Whether that's true or not, it freaked me out a bit and wanted to prevent me from evolving a cute little Duskull around trainers...

Maybe not creepy, but I was always unnerved when there was an Absol swarm [or just lots of Absol in an area in general], since they represent the coming of natural disaster. I guess it made sense in Ruby and Sapphire what with the massive flood/drought later in the game, but in other games it's just a little unsettling.

Cubone is really fucking creepy.

Doesn't it, like, wear its mom's skull as a helmet? Really?

Maybe not creepy, but I was always unnerved when there was an Absol swarm [or just lots of Absol in an area in general], since they represent the coming of natural disaster. I guess it made sense in Ruby and Sapphire what with the massive flood/drought later in the game, but in other games it's just a little unsettling.

They also appear in platinum before spear pilar...Let's just say: *Cyrus*: OH SH-

Golbat's R/B sprite.

'M's cry. It's not exactly like Zapdos's, there's something of a more sinister quality to it. I can't quite put my finger on it.

And Juggler Irwin. Seriously, does that guy EVER call for a rematch, or is it all just stalker stuff?

With a mustache.

I thought the Charlans room was creepy. The blue fire just carries you up to her and you hear a ghost laugh, its much scary

when you're heading up Route 217 to Snowpoint City for your seventh badge, there's a small house near the ice rock where you level up your Eevee to get a Glaceon. If you enter it, the lights are turned off and a woman is sitting alone and unmoving at the table. She talks in a creepy whisper about how she never gets visitors any more and please, take this, and you get a Spell Tag—an item that enhances ghost types. And if you re-enter the house after leaving, it's deserted—there's no-one there. *shudders*. Not to mention a trainer that's near the cabin mentions legends of hauntings in the area...

That reminds me of the Darkrai in-game event, when you go into the previously locked inn and the man says he was expecting you, and then you go to sleep in the bed and wake up on the island where Darkrai is. I assumed this was the player's dream, except that afterwards you can find the island on your map. =X Just the whole thing about Darkrai sucking people into a permanent nightmare is terrifying.

The Distortion World creeped me out a tad, too.

^That man expecting you creeped me out as well XD How he made you go to bed and all... ugh.

This is not really scary, but I used to be afraid of Missingno in Red/Blue XD Back then, I had heard so many rumors involing it so that I was extremely scared that it could erase my game file. Besides, it looked very weird as well and the fact that it could also be a ghost from the Poke Tower was enough for me to leave it alone most of the time XD

Oh man, just thought of another one. Shedinja. Just, in general. Maybe it's because I never found out about him until a while after I finished Ruby [I had a ninjask but I find myself filling up all 6 party slots pretty fast]. He's practically an easter-egg.

Having 1 HP that can't be affected by HP UPs and such, and the way he's protected from a lot of attacks, and the fact that he's a ghostly carcass of his former self... *shudder*

Oh and let's not forget that his Pokedex entry talks about folklore regarding your soul being stolen in you look into its back. All the times I saw that hole in his backsprite made me wonder...

*easily spooked*

Pokémon RBG Lavender Town music always creeps me a bit >.>

Hypno's pokedex entry *shivers* : It took away a child it hypnotized??Also, I think all ghost-type pokémons have creepy stories, like Duskull or Misdreavus.

And Cubone? Wearing the skull of it's dead mother, OMFA...

It didn't really creep me out (I'm not easily fazed) , but it's kind of creepy when Red doesn't say anything when you battle him at Mt Silver.

I always thought seeing the shadow triad pop out of nowhere and speak to you was creepy, and N's room when he was raised as a child who left the Rare Candy in there?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom