• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Creepy things in the games

Ah, yes... But you know what creeps me out about Red? Once you beat him, he just... disappears. In G/S/C I assumed he used an Escape Rope, but in HG/SS, he just vanishes. No Dig animation, no Fly animation, nothing. And his mother hasn't heard from him in a long time... Don't tell me the boy's a ghost, man. =/ I don't do well when it comes to ghosts.

It's DEFINETLY gotta be the little girl in the empty room on the 2nd floor of the Old Chateau in D/P/Pt. Scared the living daylights outta me O_O

Just post examples of creepy things.

In the (haunted) Old Chateau, there is an antidote. In the KITCHEN.
IN THE TRASH CAN.

I did that just now in Diamond. OH MY ARCEUS THAT IS FREAKIN' CREEPY! O.O Was there a poisoning there or something?!

I did that just now in Diamond. OH MY ARCEUS THAT IS FREAKIN' CREEPY! O.O Was there a poisoning there or something?!

I think a murderer disposed of the only existing antidote after poisoning their roast stantler O.O

Seeing Zekroms 3D overworld sprite was a bit creepy. He looked like a red eyes black dragon except he glows blue and is more chunky

N's room creeps me out. Its just, this guy is trying something really sinister... Ghetsis is trying to take over the world.... Its a huge, evil castle that rises out of nowhere... And you see this cheerful place in the middle.... It creeped me out.

idk the old chataeu just reminds me of the myrdals wit the poisoned cake, but definintly wit giritina when it eats cyrus and jumps at the screen, that scared me

That reminds me of the Darkrai in-game event, when you go into the previously locked inn and the man says he was expecting you, and then you go to sleep in the bed and wake up on the island where Darkrai is. I assumed this was the player's dream, except that afterwards you can find the island on your map. =X

It's inception.

pffthahaha XD Could very well be.

Anyways, here's another creepy: the Drought theme in Ruby. When I first heard that I thought my game was broken. For how pretty the rest of the music in that game is, to suddenly hear high-pitched squeals is just... ugh. Even the Flood theme in Sapphire has some kind of neat melody. I guess having that disturbing tune being stuck on the overworld just heightened my sense of urgency to save the day.

I found it a little on how N asks you to ride on the ferris wheel with him and then you don't know what went on at the top of it well unless you're a girl then you wouldn't care so much :p

I found it a little on how N asks you to ride on the ferris wheel with him and then you don't know what went on at the top of it well unless you're a girl then you wouldn't care so much :p

Never riding the ferris wheel again.....

The Red and Blue Lavender town music gives me nightmares.

I picked the girl during the N ferris wheel scene so that didn't really bother me xD the same thing happened with me during the Silver strip scene in HG/SS as well xP

The fact that the people in Lavender Town were talking about dead pokemno and stuff really creeped me out O_O also when I first saw Giratina's shadow in Platinum.

Oh man, just thought of another one. Shedinja. Just, in general. Maybe it's because I never found out about him until a while after I finished Ruby [I had a ninjask but I find myself filling up all 6 party slots pretty fast]. He's practically an easter-egg.

Having 1 HP that can't be affected by HP UPs and such, and the way he's protected from a lot of attacks, and the fact that he's a ghostly carcass of his former self... *shudder*

I find Shedinja very interesting in that it represents the husk of the Nincada that evolved into Ninjask.

Hypno's pokedex entry *shivers* : It took away a child it hypnotized??

Everytime I think about that I imagine a CGI Hypno hypnotizing a child and carrying it off into the bushes and then everything fades into black.

Also, I think all ghost-type pokémons have creepy stories, like Duskull or Misdreavus.

The pure Ghost types have the creepiest stories/entries IMO.

Banette's pokedex entry is really creepy.

An abandoned plush doll became this Pokémon. They are said to live in garbage dumps and wander about in search of the children that threw them away.

The Drought Theme from Ruby always creeped me out. And some headaches too. Strangely, Lavender Town never did anything like that to me.

In pokemon white/black when you reach castleia city and registar zoura in your pokedex from the guy on i think mode street... after he says he likes zoura and theyre so cute he ask the little boy he was reading the story to why was he blushing (after calling zorua cute) talk to the litte boy and he says " .... "

It spend 30 secs standing there waiting to see if he'd turn into zoura lol.... but it is unsettling to me:dodgy:

In pokemon white/black when you reach castleia city and registar zoura in your pokedex from the guy on i think mode street... after he says he likes zoura and theyre so cute he ask the little boy he was reading the story to why was he blushing (after calling zorua cute) talk to the litte boy and he says " .... "

It spend 30 secs standing there waiting to see if he'd turn into zoura lol.... but it is unsettling to me:dodgy:

I noticed that too, he must be a Zorua! Are they somehow involved in the Zorua event?

Nothing really creeps me out in Pokemon, except for the graveyard areas; they almost seem a little too dark for a Pokemon game. Pokemon Pyre is rather cool though, with its outdoor area at the top.

Oh, and Yamask. It's a human spirit turned into a Pokemon! Just the thought that there's a Yamask sitting in my PC box gives me the shivers... It's a great design though; I'd quite like to have Cofagrigus in one of my future teams.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom