• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Creepy things in the games

Victreebel.
GODDAMN VICTREEBEL. A carnivorous plant with a full grown human's height and can dissolve anything. The Pokédex doesn't helps either:
"Acid that has dissolved many prey becomes sweeter, making it even more effective at attracting prey."

"Lures prey with the sweet aroma of honey. Swallowed whole, the prey is melted in a day, bones and all."

It's weird.

Also, about Dex Entries...

Beautifly is a VAMPIRE!

Cool-looking-pretty-Princess-Butterfly can suck ALL of your blood out!

*shivers while remembering her in Haruka's Head in the Anime*

i found it extremely creepy when N rides the Ferris wheel with you and then you have that close up shot of his face... in any other game the next part of that scene would have been a kiss... i don't know... maybe that's my overactive imagination but that's the first thing that popped into my head

XD When he leaned in and got all close to me I was kind of freaked because I thought he was gonna kiss my character or something, but I picked the girl so I wouldn't have minded xP

Irwin, the guy who calls you on HG/SS to gush about how amazing you are and how he's just in awe of all the things you do. I'm sorry, but every single time he calls me, it creeps me the hell out. I swear he stalks.

Last edited:
The old woman in a house road to Stark Mountain. The typical NPC who offers you to rest and heal your party... at this point, nothing wrong, but why the hell does she insist? No, your Pokémon still tired, stay a little more here, nothing bad would happen... and it's a lonely old woman at the bottom of a volcano...
Same with R/S/E, really creeped me out...

That house on Route 217 really creeps me out. That old woman gives you a Spell Tag and when you exit and re-enter the house, she's gone.

Anyone remember that glitch in Diamond/Pearl where if you leave Sendoff Spring on your bike, the following route has no BGM? I mean, after wandering around there for a bit, catching Giratina and being thoroughly creeped out, I leave and expect some nice peppy music. Nothing...

Yamask is a ghost of a human that carries around its burial mask and has flashbacks/constant reminders of its human life. Cofagrigus eats humans. And passes on its Mummy ability to those who make physical contact with it. Thinking about it, that must be how it reproduces.

One more! Zweilous has 2 brains that are constantly fighting. Hydreigon only has one.

The way Deino is blind, but is still affected by accuracy-reducing moves. It doesn't really creep me out, it's just really, really weird.

Reminds me of my old Creepypasta thread.

IDK but drifloon and driflblim's descriptions are pretty creepy.

Reminds me of my old Creepypasta thread.

IDK but drifloon and driflblim's descriptions are pretty creepy.
ugh.. it's formed by the spirits of pokemon AND people, and it tries to steal children.. that's just creepy XD

I heard that in BW, there's a ghost in one of the bridges. Gothitelle is basically a Death Note Shinigami, and Gothita supposedly stares fixatedly at trainers and Pokémon, looking at something only they can see. Considering it's evolution's powers, what this is alluding to is pretty creepy considering its a baby.

I think that's the Marvelous Bridge, and it was the ghost of a girl who was an Abra's trainer. After the girl passed away, the Abra remained on the bridge. if you talk to the Lass on the right end of the bridge, she will flicker away and the man beside her will, sort of, freak out.

*Shedinja stealing souls
*Yamask and Cofagrigus posessing and mummifying
*The ghosts of the girl and butler in the Old Chateau
*As cool as it is, and as much as I love it, the Distortion World with Giratina flying about
*A lot of the abilities of the Ghost-type Pokemon
*Spiritomb, if you really think about it
*The time-less future in Mystery Dungeon: Time and Darkness
**Primal Dialga, if you realize what it would mean to be chased by the being of time
*Team Galactic's plan and how far it was intended to go
*Ghetsis' ability to convince hundreds, if not thousands, of people to follow him, and his patience in waiting from the time N was born until when he put his plan in action

That's just what's off the top of my head... otherwise, if I had the games in front of me, I could pull out a lot more.

^^ So, basically, Ghost types, Cyrus' plans, the Creation Trio's abilities, and Ghetsis? Sounds about right...

I read something creepy about Marvelous Bridge on Bulbapedia:

I'll definitely have to look out for that when I get there.

The way Deino is blind, but is still affected by accuracy-reducing moves. It doesn't really creep me out, it's just really, really weird.

-off topic-
That explains why Deino has the ability Hustle (Raises attack, lowers accuracy). It's blind. But then, shouldn't Hydreigon lose this ability? Hydreigon looks like it can see without any trouble.
-Off topic-

*Spiritomb, if you really think about it

Exactly.
The fact it's supposed to be made up of many human souls (right?) is creepy.

If you look at the layout of the original RBG map of Lavender town, it looks like it's the shape of MissingNo. Just tipped over horizontally and smooshed a little. Look at it, you might see it.

I could've sworn I pointed that out already in another thread...

-off topic-
That explains why Deino has the ability Hustle (Raises attack, lowers accuracy). It's blind. But then, shouldn't Hydreigon lose this ability? Hydreigon looks like it can see without any trouble.
-Off topic-

It does, it gets Levitate.

Cofagrigus and Shedinja are tied for creepiest Pokemon, but Kadabra is the most scary non-Ghost-type. It's supposed to make shadows appear on televisions that bring bad luck. D:

The move deleter's mysterious ways of 'forcing' pokemon to forget moves. And the Red Chain that Cyrus makes from Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit. Those are two of the creepiest things, ever in my opinion...

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom