• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Crown Beasts to be available over Wi-Fi: Starting Feb. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't really breaking tradition. They time different events for different times; whereas, these Beasts are collectively one event.
Well, when I mean "tradition" as in, they never released more than 1 event Pokemon for 1 Wonder Card at a time (then again, they never released more than 1 Event that you can choose at the same time in Janpan did they?)

And are these the same Beasts I'm thinking of? Because the promotion's going on right now where I live ._.
Chances are it is. But, what I'm guessin' is that you can't download the WiFi if you already downloaded it at GAMESTOP.

I'm glad Europe is comming with this news! High range wi fi events are always better ^^. I'll just have to clean my wonder card list until there. ^^"

Since I missed Raikou (And he's the only beast I actually like a lot, I hate Entei and think Suicune is okay) Looks like I'm downloading the beasts through wifi
I just hope it's not random, though.

But if I download the UK Beasts, can I get a US Celebi if they don't make it available on wifi? :(

Well, this is a pleasant surprise :)

I wasn't even expecting Nintendo to release the Crown Beasts in the UK, let alone do it over WiFi. I'm guessing that Celebi will be given out over WiFi as well, so this is awesome news :D

I was expecting this to happen. They released the Pikachu-Colored Pichu and that special Jirachi over Wi-Fi last year, so I thought they might do the same with the Shiny Beasts and Celebi, this year. It's so much easier than hosting the event at specific locations, after all. I already have the Shiny Raikou and I'll be getting the other two soon, so I just want the Celebi.

I'm so happy they are doing this for the all the UK folks.

Just a little off topic. I have a question/concern. Normally wonder cards have the title the same as the Pokemon being offered. When I got my Raikou, at Gamestop, the card was titled The Legendary Trio of Johto. Does this mean I wont be able to get the other two?

Oh I had also read elsewhere that the UK download via the WiFi may be random.

Last edited:
I thought they might. TCPi is getting smarter about distributions, and they know that system works now, store event for those without Wi-Fi, then Wi-Fi it for those that dont have a store.

@ VampBoi, that could be a problem, as I got my Raikou on Sunday as well. I cant. afford to restart some of the games. If we find out this is true, I'll just collect them from Gamestop

I had a feeling this was going to happen. That's why I didn't really bother going out on the icy roads to Gamestop last week.

Nintendo can do anythin' in Pokemon. They just choose not to =/

They can only do what they've allowed for in the game's coding, and I'm not sure if it's actually possible to give out 3 Pokemon with 1 Wondercard (but I doubt it, regardless of the 3 icons). A Wondercard is composed of the card data and gift data; and the gift data has only ever had space for a single Pokemon.

They'll likely just do 1 Beast a week, like Gamestop is doing.

Hopefully cool OT since I'd much rather have a Celebi that didn't say GAMESTP.

I dunno; the GAMESTP Beasts will still be rarer from a tradability point of view, for those who care about such things. I'll still probably get all the Gamestop ones, as there's a location 5-10 min. walking distance and I tend to go by daily, anyway.

Not sure yet if I'll pick up a used gamecard cheap for the purpose of restarting to get multiples of the Wi-Fi ones.

Well...there goes my "lets get crown beasts in ALL of our gen IV games for trade fodder!" ideas. :<

Really, Europe gets them released over Wi Fi? Aw I thought for sure North America would have it first like with sihny Pichu and Jirachi. Even if I have the Japanese ones

Really, Europe gets them released over Wi Fi? Aw I thought for sure North America would have it first like with sihny Pichu and Jirachi. Even if I have the Japanese ones

North America is getting it first; at Gamestop. Raikou was available all last week, Entei will be available next week, and Suicune is going to be available from the 31st to February 6th. The Wi-Fi event (presumably beginning with Raikou) will begin February 7th, the next day.

All english speaking countries will get this wi-fi event because the wi-fi event servers are the same for all english speaking countries iirc.

It seems likely that these will also be distributed for other European language games (Spanish, German, Italian & French) simultaneously; but of course we'll have to wait for confirmation on that.

It seems likely that these will also be distributed for other European language games (Spanish, German, Italian & French) simultaneously; but of course we'll have to wait for confirmation on that.

It's confirmed. Nintendo.gr.

:banghead: You Europeans can get them by Wi-Fi but I don't (can't download at a store)? Tajiri and Arceus, I beseech you two to make Zorua wild in Grey (It'd be worthless not to. The events'd be too old by then)

And when the heck was the Shiny Pichu and Jirachi available on Wi-Fi? I never heard of that.

Does this event thing also apply to Australians? Because if it doesn't, when will they get their turn?

If your game is English, you'll be able to download the events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom