• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Crown Beasts to be available over Wi-Fi: Starting Feb. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
:banghead: You Europeans can get them by Wi-Fi but I don't (can't download at a store)? Tajiri and Arceus, I beseech you two to make Zorua wild in Grey (It'd be worthless not to. The events'd be too old by then)

And when the heck was the Shiny Pichu and Jirachi available on Wi-Fi? I never heard of that.

Does this event thing also apply to Australians? Because if it doesn't, when will they get their turn?

Pichu was in the spring and Jirachi sometime in the summer

So it doesn't only apply to Europe? That's what the article seems to imply.

Not to mention as Celebi's being released, BW will be released, so the idea of more G4 events stateside is extremely unlikely.

The event will be advertised exclusively on European websites, but due to the nature of Wondercard distribution (which discriminates based on a game's language, not its physical location) the event will be available to English games everywhere in the world.

Happy about this, also about the fact that Celebi's been confirmed for distribution too :D

It's weird, we don't really have location-specific giveaways in the UK so I'm surprised they went ahead with the wi-fi distribution. Good news for the other side of the pond, too, if you can now get them via Wi-Fi as well :)

So I can get another set? Cool. Now I really wish I didn't bring my SS game to Gamestop. left it in my bag all day, and now it's gone :/
at least i can have 2 sets i guess.

Me leak this big time! =D

I'll get an English set a long with my Japanese.

Hopefully Celebi will be given out in Norway as well, and if it is it will most certainly be at the Toys'R'us 20 walking minutes from my house. Although I don't care as much since I already got a Jap one.

Thank Arceus for Wi-Fi. I missed Raikou last week and I probably wouldn't have been able to get out to Gamestop for the other two either. Hopefully they give Celebi away over Wi-Fi too (though knowing my luck, they probably won't).

So I can get another set? Cool. Now I really wish I didn't bring my SS game to Gamestop. left it in my bag all day, and now it's gone :/
at least i can have 2 sets i guess.

You likely will only be able to get one set, because Jirachi and PCP were one set only.

You either get them by wifi or gamestop.

Make your choice.

Surely Ranger events are region specific? For example, the Heatran mission was available in the US before the EU. Although it's highly likely America will share this event, I wouldn't say it's a certainty yet.

So we won't know until February if it'll work in the US or not?

Surely Ranger events are region specific? For example, the Heatran mission was available in the US before the EU. Although it's highly likely America will share this event, I wouldn't say it's a certainty yet.

It's a certainty. I don't know how the Ranger events work, but I'm familiar with how the main series wondercards are distributed and it's impossible to limit an event based on anything other than language (the options being English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese & Korean) and version (any combination of D,P,Pt,Hg,Ss).

We know these events work with all Gen IV games, and we know they'll be available to the UK (among other countries). UK games are English, therefore these will be downloadable to any English main series Gen IV game, regardless of its physical location.

It's a certainty. I don't know how the Ranger events work, but I'm familiar with how the main series wondercards are distributed and it's impossible to limit an event based on anything other than language (the options being English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese & Korean) and version (any combination of D,P,Pt,Hg,Ss).

We know these events work with all Gen IV games, and we know they'll be available to the UK (among other countries). UK games are English, therefore these will be downloadable to any English main series Gen IV game, regardless of its physical location.
Let's hope they don't change that for the future games.

I'm hoping that Celebi is a Wi-Fi event as well, as the only local download I've ever seen in Liverpool as the one for Regigigas a few years ago. They don't come to our Toys-R-Us stores and we don't even have Gamestop here.

I think Celebi will be on Wi Fi too since it was on Wi Fi in Japan
No it wasn't.

Celebi will be IRL; it's in the GameStop cartridge coding, and the European Celebi event has been confirmed as being IRL.

So celebi will be IRL? Guess I'll just x fingers and hope it'll be given when I'm in the UK. They never do IRL events here in Ireland.

This helps to get me off my 'lack of accessability' high horse. Hope Nintendo keeps em coming. Looking forward to these events. Just hope I dont cock it up.....not done a WiFi event download before.... Would really like to get my paws on a Celibi so crossing fingers for that one as well. Roll on Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom