• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Crushes on Fictional Characters

I am in love with Dead Hand from The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. When I first played the game it was love at first sight.

Link_vs._Dead_Hand.png
Uh...why?

I am in love with Dead Hand from The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. When I first played the game it was love at first sight.

Link_vs._Dead_Hand.png
Dead hand just can't keep its hands off you. ;)

As for me. Uhm. I have far too many to list. I would have to make a list of each game, anime, cartoon, and movie I have ever seen first. Then figure out a list for each one of those...

I have had crushes on:-
-Ash, May, Gary, Drew, Serena, Clemont, and Drake (orange islands) from Pokemon.
-Yamato Ishida/ Matt from Digimon
-Harry Potter, Tom Riddle and Hermione Granger from Harry Potter series.
-Mikasa Ackerman from Shingeki no Kyojin
-Lucy Heartfilia from Fairy Tail
-Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura.
-Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson series.
-Artemis Fowl
-Four and Tris from Divergent.
-Peeta Mellark from Hunger Games.
-Ian Kabra from 39 Clues.

So basically I had crushes on lots of cute guys and gals. :)

I am... a complicated individual when it comes to this subject. I mean, I do get highly enamored with certain characters in a crushlike way. And I do think they're attractive physically and personally wise. But the difference is that I have no desire to envision any sort of relationship between myself and the character. Instead, it's more like a sort of a... role model thing. I want to be more like the character, and sometimes wish to roleplay as them and become them. To be in their shoes, because I think they're so great. I venerate and admire them quite intensely. A lot of the things I think are awesome I'd rather become than just have.

Most of these are going to be women, because my preference for them is larger, and because I usually only relate to female characters due to being female myself. Which is part of this whole weird thing of my brain.

So that being said, who are some of these characters?
  • Shion Uzuki, from Xenosaga. She's already so much like me, but she is a scientist who is intelligent and has more beautiful appearance. And she's so relatable, being so messed up with all of these problems, coupled with being absolutely obsessed with her former lover and idolizing him.

• Homura Akemi, from Madoka Magica. She even looks like me! (Although far cuter because anime style is better than real life) I love her determination, her seriousness, her steeled nature. And in the past, she used to be an awkward shy bundle of nerves just like I am.

• Rose, from Legend of Dragoon. What a badass. An emotionally wounded badass. I love those. She's quite attractive too. I usually don't like dark colors on a character, but it makes her so sleek and mysterious. Her voice is pretty nice too.

• Meru, from Legend of Dragoon. She's... nothing like Rose. But I still like her. Because she's so perky and free, something I wish I could be at times. So honest and cute. And her hair and outfit... so stylish. I usually don't like skimpy outfits, but the beachy vibe really works on her.

• Satsuki Kiryuin, from Kill la Kill. I sure do love powerful women with deep voices. And she embodies that. She's so powerful, so determined, I really wish I had her resolve. She can do anything she wants and I admire that. Also, she's easy on the eyes.

• Ludger Kresnik, from Tales of Xillia 2. The only dude. I don't really relate to him, to be honest. Nor do I want to be him. He's... the most conventional crushlike one here. I like him because of his cute facial expressions, the way he reacts, and how he just is so action-oriented. What a man's man! Of course, it helps a lot that he reminds me of my husband... a lot of the time, I only have significant feelings for male characters due to that.

Oh man, I have a lot of these. But they're maybe not so much "crush" as they are "if these characters were real, I would want their companionship and to be able to rely on them" since I'm ace and don't really have romantic longing. But anyway, the major ones for me are:
  • Gaelio Bauduin (Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans)
  • Innes (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)
  • Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)
  • Logy Ficsario (Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky)
  • Athrun Zala (Gundam Seed)
  • Neil (Harvest Moon: A New Beginning)
  • Ryo Marufuji (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX)
  • Noel Kreiss (Final Fantasy XIII-2)
  • Leon Belmont (Castlevania: Lament of Innocence)
Some of these have been going for like a decade or more at this point (Innes, Ephraim, and Ryo) lol. I seem to have a thing for quiet, blunt characters who aren't very social. Gaelio is the only major exception there. Bonus points if they are an older brother.

Basically, my waifu (I prefer to call fictional crushes that way) is Ibuki Mioda from the Danganronpa series. I usually use her as internet identity, and most of the BMGF profile pictures I used here is usually her. Reasons for being the best pick in my opinion? She's the epitome of uniqueness and cheerfulness and I like how Spike Chunsoft designed her. I'm kind of an introvert, and she's like motivation to get out of my shell and get going.

I'm not saying I have a crush on a fictional character, but if Yukari Takeba from Persona 3 were a real person, I would really want to get to know her. Persona 3 is my favorite video game, and her and Junpei Iori are my favorite characters in that game and I can't date Junpei soooooo. This might sound weird, but I can relate to having a dad who died under mysterious circumstances, and being unable to choose which story to believe or even how to judge him in retrospect. Enough of that, though, the real reason I'm so attached to Yukari is because of how she deals with this issue. She's written in a way that I found astoundingly realistic, and playing through Persona 3 when I was 18-19, it was scary how real she felt. How much I could feel the full weight of her trust issues, loneliness, frustration, and burning desire to be "independent" even when she doesn't need to be, it blew my mind that I had come across a character so relatable and so well-written. Luckily she's also the hottest bitch in that whole game i mean damn she is FIRE

Hm...
I honestly like Acerola a lot. Like, a lot a lot. Fav ghost master and she’s the daughter of a king, too! If she was real, I’d be pulling out that Carbink ring as fast as I can. Or maybe a Sableye ring for her...

Hermione - Harry Potter
Elektra - Daredevil
Diana - Martin Mystery
Annabeth - Percy Jackson and the Olympians
Quake - Agents of Shield

I don't get crushes on fictional characters. I think part of the reason is that I mostly watch animation, and I just can not feel any attraction to animated characters whatsoever. Plus, a lot of female characters are designed to be attractive for men, and it's different for me. But even the live-action shows I've watched, I don't get crushes.

I can try to come up with the closest thing, though - Over the years I have found plenty of male characters to be attractive in some sense I don't really know how to describe because in reality I'm not attracted to men. I remember really liking Roy Mustang from FMA and Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club. Oh, and a lot of Fire Emblem characters like Marth, Ike, and Chrom. lol. For one live-action - the tenth doctor, David Tennant. But none of these are crushes. Something strangely in between, I suppose.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom